It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"a coup d'état" in Iran ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I can only hope so, this guy is a nut job.

Has anyone ever figured out if the newly elected President of Iran was involved in the Iran Hostage situation. I remember after he took office there was talk that he was involved, but I can't recall if it was confirmed.

Anyway here is the story on how the President of Iran is pissing off the Mullahs

Fair Use applies:

Iran in turmoil as president's purge deepens

Simon Tisdall and Ewen MacAskill
Friday November 18, 2005
The Guardian

Iran is facing political paralysis as its newly elected president purges government institutions, bringing accusations that he is undertaking a coup d'état.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's clearout of his opponents began last month but is more sweeping than previously understood and has reached almost every branch of government, the Guardian has learned. Dozens of deputy ministers have been sacked this month in several government departments, as well the heads of the state insurance and privatisation organisations. Last week, seven state bank presidents were dismissed in what an Iranian source described as "a coup d'état".

An informed Iranian source with first-hand knowledge of all the main political and clerical figures in the country said: "Ahmadinejad is defying everybody. He does whatever he wants and considers it to be right. This is not how things are done in Iran."
The upheaval at the highest government levels in Tehran follows the dismissal of four senior ambassadors and has raised questions about Iran's ability to conclude negotiations on its nuclear programme which are due to come to a head at a UN meeting in Vienna next week.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
"Ahmadinejad is defying everybody. He does whatever he wants and considers it to be right. This is not how things are done in Iran."

I know!!

You need to be the Ayatollah to get away that with type of stuff in Iran....Imagine, a mere president attempting to do what is the Ayatollah's (supreme leader) job...

[edit on 18-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I can only hope so, this guy is a nut job.

Has anyone ever figured out if the newly elected President of Iran was involved in the Iran Hostage situation.

Of course he was, he was one of the leaders and founders of the group of student radicals that took them hostage. At most, he merely wasn't in the same place as the hostages were.

There is an iranian member here who seems to be noting that even the public is upset with this guy. Who knew "ahmadinejad" was persi for 'bush'

(ok cheap joke but someone hadda do it!)

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
How can he do this if he's not even the Supreme leader?

About the hostage situation, CIA seemed to have kinda ruled out wheter it was the same person or not

CIA finds Iranian president likely not hostage-taker

new topics

top topics

join