It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Sony/ BMG Now Accused of Copyright Infringement!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
how many popular internet icons are there? star wars kid, etc... they are not making a dime on any of it (excluding civil law suits).

www.illwillpress.com...

revision3.com...

rvb.roosterteeth.com...

www.leeroyjenkins.net...

boingboing.net...

www.slashdot.org...

These are just the ones off the top of my head.

And plus dozens of Blogs that are contending with NYT for traffic(BoingBoing is that blog
)

For someone who supposedly "works in the business" you know very little of what happens on the newest broadcast medium.

ABC is looking at Internet Distritbution of some of it's more popular shows via two routs. Ad supported free versions(the advertisers pay as much as TV per viewer now and they can measure it very very accurately now) and a $ 2.00 Ad-Free version.

Disney is going the same rout and the BBC is already Beta testing their video client software.

Learn to adapt or get buried in the .torrents. (MPAA are currently in talks with Cohen the creator of Bittorrent to help them make an efficient file transfer protocol)

Also with the advent of the 'Net and widely available Videogame developer tools a new type of Filmmaking is starting to mature after a decade of obscurity, it's called Machinima and the Third link is the Machinima series that won this years awards, take a gander.

What does this all have to do with Music. Well uhh cross-licencing
Music's rout of growth is not through the same old same old, it's through other mediums like Movies, Television(both Broadcast and Netcast regardless of the genre/format) and Video Games.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well the Texas Attorney General is now filing an Anti-Spyware suit against sony. Crap has officially hit the fan.

www.oag.state.tx.us...

Here are some links with some background information.

www.boingboing.net...

www.boingboing.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yeah, I came back to this thread specifically to post that news, but I see you already did it.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Oh Dasher if you're still around I found another link to add to the list.

www.purepwnage.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join