It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Do extraterrestrials have colossal motherships?

Independence Day (ID4) city destroyer.

This is a real 1997 city destroyer (Arizona,Phoenix).

ID4 stated a city destroyer diameter is about 15 miles. What is the measurements of the Arizona city destroyer? Are these city destroyers congruent? & does the Phoenix city destroyer has a laser in it's radius?

ID4 behemoth mothership about 480 miles in diameter.

In ID4 about 8 city destroyers exited the mothership.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Wow the air must be real thin up there!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The Phoenix encounter was military flares. Discovery made a pretty good debunking, without a doubt.

But yes, I believe they have motherships. Why shouldnt they? Its easier to travel through space with one big ship with lots of cargo, instead of small ones.

Weird question actually... Why do we have busses..

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"The Phoenix encounter was military flares. Discovery made a pretty good debunking, without a doubt."

Actually, the military flares were the second sighting, not the first.
It went down like on 'Close Encounters'. The second sighting there proved
that the first was just helicopters.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Have I missed the point in this thread or are we actually relating Independance Day to real life events ?

I saw that Documentary too which debunked the Phoenix Lights event as military flares, however there were other sighting too some distance from Phoenix on the same night (I believe) that cant be explained away so easily. Also one has to consider the massive UFO's caught on the STS mission footage (sorry no link available at this time, but easy enough to find on a search)

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
The Phoenix encounter was military flares. Discovery made a pretty good debunking, without a doubt

you have a LOT more research to do, if that's the conclusion you're coming to. the flares that were seen was sighted AFTER the infamous phoenix lights...and my personal opinion is that it was done to debunk and explain away the first sighting.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Erm according to the witnesses of the pheonix lights in the documentary out of the blue: They said the mothership was a giant triangular (boomerang really) craft that blotted out all the stars, and was huge. In the picture shown it is nearly a side on view with the lights running down two of the edges. Not flares at all. Flares don't fly in formation along straight edges!

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Dr X]

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Dr X]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Y'know, I came to phoenix 2 months after the sightings, so close.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yes.

I have seen a number of pics which seem to suggest that is the case.

Plus some witnesses, like airforce pilots claiming to see gigantic ships, or something along that nature.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
To me, the footage of the Phoenix lights isn't conclusive enough to tell 100% for sure that it is a UFO. It could just as well be lights on the hill or flares. The lights don't even seem to line up correctly as if they were part of a ship, and why would the ship be tilted at an angle like that?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph
To me, the footage of the Phoenix lights isn't conclusive enough to tell 100% for sure that it is a UFO. It could just as well be lights on the hill or flares. The lights don't even seem to line up correctly as if they were part of a ship, and why would the ship be tilted at an angle like that?

Technically that means it is an UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) If you mean a flying saucer then it does have the same shape as one.

I was watching a program here in UK on Discovery Science (UFO's Over Phoenix) For all the evidence on there I'm leaning toward flares. They disappeared one at a time as they dropped over the hill. The only thing gnawing at me is that they performed a light analysis and the light waves off the, well lights, didn't match the flares they were supposed to be.

Maybe they were a type of escape pod? Or ET flares?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
there were 2 separate signtings for the phoenix lights there was the one that was show so much on tv and in all the pics. that i do Not think was flares i do beleve that was a ufo or large craft of somekind.

There are too many people who live in the city who looked up and saw the underside of it and said it was a giant ship of somekind.

after all the reports and tv reports the US airforce had to expain it somhow. wheather it was an alien craft or a new giant us military craft i dont know maybe the military was moving it to a new location. but with all the tv exposure they had to come up with something. the frist said there was nothing at all. then they said it was a B2 bomber.

the second sighting the really did drop flares to try to make people beleve thats what it was. but it was not at all close the flares burned more amber and left long sqiggly smoke trails behind them.

i think the military kinew they were screwed and dropped those flares right after to try to discredit any claims that it was something else.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Back in the late 90's as an over-the-road truck driver I saw lots of stuff in the sky. When a ship would show up I would lots of times just pull off the road and watch it till it disappeared. On one occassion I flashed my lights at it 9 times in 3 sets of 3 just to see what it would do. When I did that all of a sudden helicopters started taking off and turned on their search lights and began combing the area underneath where the ufo was. I had no idea I was next to a military installation. I had more than one sighting near military installations. The point is that the military will illuminate the area where the ufo was spotted and look for stuff on the ground. The flares were probably for this reason.

I've heard stories that I've never repeated. It would scare people and bring lots of unwanted attention to me if people actually believed me.
But in my opinion, it is unlikely that the aliens would bring a direct attack with motherships. Their method seems to be to hit you with something natural which people can explain away. They would never take credit for it. If anything they would blame it on another alien race. Most people would be wondering what the heck happened and not even have a clue that they were even attacked by aliens. They'd just send an asteroid.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by grasshopper]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
How in God's name could the first Phoenix sighting have been helicopters??

It was a mile long silent 'V' formation. It was pretty much impossible that it was a formation of 5 or 6 helicopters attatched together with a bar of somekind....

Have you even seen the video tape?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Throughout high school my friend was hooked on Diet Rite Cola.

Late one evening we were driving out of an industrial area on our way back to town.
At a large stoplight intersection we had the green and were turning right.
Cross traffic was stopped and consisted of a single vehicle, a squad car.
I looked over at my friend as he cranked the steering wheel with one hand
and was chugging a beer from the other.
The cop was staring right at us. Busted.
Open liquor in a motor vehicle, under aged possession and consumption of alcohol,
yadda, yadda, yadda.
In step with my friends diet cola addiction, an empty bottle or two were always at hand.
Reaching down to the passenger floor, I grabbed one as we were being pulled over.
"Give me your beer and put this (empty cola bottle) between your legs. Just act normal."
I put his beer and mine under my jacket.
The cop was on us in an instant, flash light in hand, shining it directly at the green glass bottle.
I saw the cop hesitate, only for a micro second, but he HESITATED.
In that flash of a moment he wavered, he faltered, he became uncertain, irresolute, and indecisive.
After a ten second "What are you guys doing around here" type Q&A to distract us from his own
self-perceived misidentification, he went back to his squad car and took off.

This is why the night after a sighting your paternalistic government shows you flares.

new topics

top topics

join