It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the ATS Government Growing Too Fast?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Bob LaoTse
That often focuses on the shady and sinister activities of them-- has elected its own them........

I'm really not sure what to make of this. The councilors are not 'them', they have no power, other than an ability to applaud or give 'little warns', like for posting one liners and the like...

I find it stunning that someone can see this as a bad thing.

I guess I should've put a smiley at the end of that...

I still find it to be ironic that a forum that is targeted largely toward people who are predisposed to be suspicious of government has a government. I didn't say it was certain to be a bad thing-- I only said it was ironic.

I guess I shouldn't be expecting any applause any time soon...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In case anyone harbours any illusions that Mods and Admin are an organised government... I have some news for you.

Sometimes it's more like organised chaos, sometimes it's anarchic (like during Katrina), but most of the time it's consensus based with final say by the owners.

How else could people of such varied locations and opinions run this board?

This place really is the sum of it's parts with emergent properties resulting in your being (and staying) here influencing it's growth.

There's no evil government here, just a private corner of the net to hang out.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
In case anyone harbours any illusions that Mods and Admin are an organised government... I have some news for you.

There's no evil government here, just a private corner of the net to hang out.

Point taken. But, I was polite in my post that started this thread. And I never said anything about the "ATS government" being evil. Basically, I was simply overwhelmed with loggin on and finding 9 U2U's one day, all were candidates campainging. Another day, there were 7 more, again all campaigning. Then there were the U2U's announcing that polls are open and to vote. (As a matter of fact, not in a U2U, but somewhere on the home page, I think it still says that the polls are open.) Anyway, my post was not meant as a complaint.

I know that IRL, I often become overwhelmed easily with too much of anything. Sometimes, I just get to wondering if it's just me, or did anyone else feel any of the same? Sometimes, it's just good to know - at least for me.

So, if you or anyone else took offense at my question, I appologize, as I never said it was bad, just overwhelming.

CyberKat

<< 1   >>

join