It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan. 1, 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What happens if 2012 passes and nothing ground-breaking happens? The pyramids are the same as they always were, our minds are the same, we're still fighting stupid wars, people are still dying, and aliens have not landed and exposed themselves?

Do you guys WANT something earth-shattering (not literally, like nuclear war, haha) to happen, or do you want it to go by without a hitch?

And finally, who thinks something profound will actually happen?

Personally, i'm holding onto all of the pyramid lore. That something amazing will be discovered, like a library full of history-altering artifacts or something like that.

THoughts?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
People have been predicting the end of the world since the beginning. Honestly, I don't think anything will happen.

The hype around it is the desire for something to happen.. people want a change, and speculate on an castastropic change happening.

January 2013 will roll around, probably with a slight increase in suicides worldwide, but nothing more.

But hey, if I'm wrong, I doubt we have anything to worry about anyways.. we'll all be dead.

[edit on 11/17/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz

And finally, who thinks something profound will actually happen?

THoughts?

Before 2012 something will happen...the feeling is too strong to deny

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
In the civilized world (well sorta anyway) we live now, there has never been any "end-of the-world" prediction which was even remotely close to being as realistic as the 2012 Mayan/Aztec one.

In all honestly, I hope that something does happen, so that I can point and laugh at the 6 billion ignorant retards on this planet....

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
In the civilized world (well sorta anyway) we live now, there has never been any "end-of the-world" prediction which was even remotely close to being as realistic as the 2012 Mayan/Aztec one.

Exactly what is so "realistic" about an ancient calendar that ends? I don't think this even can realistically be considered a prediction, it's a calendar for goodness sake.

6 Billion ignorant retards to laugh at? If something does happen what makes you think you will be around to laugh at us?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I HOPE something profound happens, whatever it is. Any change is a good change, it's like black jack and I don't want to stick, hit me.

If it doesn't? Time to look forward to the next Man United match and another bottle of rum, business as usual. I don't think those that are hoping for a profound change will become suicidal en masse if things stay the same, you'll just have most of them shrugging their shoulders and finding something else to look forward to and a small group claiming greys/reptilians is hiding the truth and something really did happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
6 Billion ignorant retards to laugh at? If something does happen what makes you think you will be around to laugh at us?

Well I am running at the theory I'll have at least a little bit of time before we're all dead lol.

As for the calander, well I heard it is a very accurate calander, and it's end indeed means the end of life.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by Manincloak]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak

As for the calander, well I heard it is a very accurate calander, and it's end indeed means the end of life.

I'm looking at a very accurate calendar right now, on my wall, it ends on December 31st 2005!

Imo, 01/01/13 will most likely be just like 01/01/00, alot of useless hype.

Then people will look to the next predicted "end of the world".....wait....Titor came from 2036 so the world must not just "end" in 2012

[edit on 11/19/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Not an Expert.

Doesn't the Mayan Calender simply end? I would be excited for a world event on DEC 12 20012 or whenever it is but did they indicate this or did they just not have enough time to get nert years calender out?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My prediction is that the the world will end "as we know it." And it's December 24, 2012 by my recollections. I think we are all in for a surprise visit. Our creators (....
wait, that's the thread I'm going to start in a few minutes...) will come and visit us and let us know just what destructive and barbaric beings we really are. We are going to be visited at most, if not all, of our nuclear weapons storage places and power plants. Not for hostile reasons, but for preservational reasons.

We need a good whoopin' and need to be straightened out (we, meaning those in power, NWO, those at the head of the greedy bunch). The rest of us people (all the others not mentioned above) will get to know the truth and to make a decision on what we want to do. A "real" realtionship with the aliens, our creators, will take place, and the world will be different.

The mention of 3/4 of the human race dying.....well, we all will have a choice to make. Those that do not have an open mind and can accept religion AND the possibility of us being created by what we call ETs, will probably stick around and be removed off the face of the earth.

watch out peeps!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
I'm looking at a very accurate calendar right now, on my wall, it ends on December 31st 2005!

Oh come on, it ain't the same thing

Originally posted by redmageImo, 01/01/13 will most likely be just like 01/01/00, alot of useless hype.

Well the reason year 2000 was feared, because they weren't sure what all the computers which run everything these days were goina do, and many had theories that poorly written software (microsoft *sigh*) will be screwed. Because the majority of software stored the year in 2 digits instead of 4 as it now does.

Besides, isn't our year 2012, the year 2000 on the Babylon calendar?

Originally posted by redmage
Then people will look to the next predicted "end of the world".....wait....Titor came from 2036 so the world must not just "end" in 2012

Hey, whos that guy?

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Doesn't the Mayan Calender simply end?

Yes, and that does in fact signify the end of life, and no, it does NOT mean nothing like some people desperately tell themselves

Originally posted by sexymon
My prediction is that the the world will end "as we know it." And it's December 24, 2012 by my recollections. I think we are all in for a surprise visit. Our creators (....
wait, that's the thread I'm going to start in a few minutes...) will come and visit us and let us know just what destructive and barbaric beings we really are. We are going to be visited at most, if not all, of our nuclear weapons storage places and power plants. Not for hostile reasons, but for preservational reasons.

We need a good whoopin' and need to be straightened out (we, meaning those in power, NWO, those at the head of the greedy bunch). The rest of us people (all the others not mentioned above) will get to know the truth and to make a decision on what we want to do. A "real" realtionship with the aliens, our creators, will take place, and the world will be different.

The mention of 3/4 of the human race dying.....well, we all will have a choice to make. Those that do not have an open mind and can accept religion AND the possibility of us being created by what we call ETs, will probably stick around and be removed off the face of the earth.

watch out peeps!

I agree with a lot of that, we do need a good wooping, and the ignorant people on this planet need to be....disposed off. They just aren't smart enough to live on.

As for world as we know it ending, well I believe that happened on Septempber 11, 2001.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Please scuze my ignorance....Can you please give me a link of the pyramids changing during the expected 12-2012 event? I am really interested in this topc and would love to read more about it.

Peace out!

edit spelling/typo

[edit on 11/19/2005 by Cherish]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ahh the date will be 1/1/0 "in the year of our lord"

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah I hope so we are running out of internet !

Yes there is something more than the end of days we all want. We may not come out and say it but we all know what it is and why it is. It will happen when the time is right..

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Yeah I hope so we are running out of internet !

Yes there is something more than the end of days we all want. We may not come out and say it but we all know what it is and why it is. It will happen when the time is right..

Okay. I don't understand if that's supposed to be some sort of cryptic message or something, but i know what i want: A slew of hot naked chicks greeting me with beer and cheetoh puffs when i arrive home everyday. Yes, that'd be cool!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I've been predicting that everyone will wake up with hangovers and worry about getting to ork on time the next day. Husband and I will be returning from a trip to Mexico where I will have been annoyingly nosy and anthropological and will have taken tons of pictures of the celebration and the museums and the ruins... and the calendar, too.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
While I deffinately find the mystique about the ending of the Mayan calendar interesting and a wonderful discussion topic, part of me simply believes that the Mayan's simply stopped working on the calendar and it does not mean the end of the world. It means that they never got around to working on it again.

As redmage put it, simply because a calendar indicates a last date, does not mean the end of the world.

But the other half of me hopes that it is an indicator of something positive. A non-violent, non-deadly positive change to world is what I hope for. Maybe a history making meeting between the heads of each country on earth meeting to declare world peace. Ehh... maybe not, but lets hope...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarFromDanK
Before 2012 something will happen...the feeling is too strong to deny

And when nothin catastrophic happens, what then? Thats what the poster is asking.

What qualifies as 'something', btw?

Besides, isn't our year 2012, the year 2000 on the Babylon calendar?

No.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon

Not to nit-pick, but I'm pretty sure it's the 21st of December (winter solstice).

So maybe we'll get some kind of idea of something, whether or not that something is nothing, on 12/22/2012.

[edit on (11/21/0505 by Dynamic Reality]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
That the Mayan Calendar predicted when Cortez and his men would show up on the shores, and that the Mayans were waiting for them when they arrived. I also seem to recall this from history, that the Mayans met them at the shores.

The Mayan Long Count Calendar is much more than accurate, it predicts precession of constellations in the sky, as well as other celestial phenomena which should not technically have been visible with the human eye without incredible aid.

The Long Count Calendar depicts the Fourth Age, the age in which we live now.

When the Long Count Calendar ends, the Fifth Age begins. I think the Fifth Age is the Age of Aquarius, speaking from the Zodiac... but what I do know is that there is supposed to be a spiritual shift to a higher plane.

As such, it isn't "END OF THE WORLD", though there may be some cataclysmic anger at how things change, it isn't the act that causes the suffering, it is the repurcussions...

of course, one can also say that no child is born without the mother having to bear the pain of birth. And yes, I realize that with modern medicine this isn't true, but the statement holds in an abstract sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join