It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Secret US Government UFO File Unveiled

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity - has anyone compared the files from the NSA with the ones at FAS? ...Are they the same?

www.fas.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Glad I could help. BTW, I just read that report for the first time. I did not realize someone had actually sued NSA for release of data or because they thought NSA was with holding releasable information. Othat than that, the report contains exactly what I thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

It was the National Security Agency/Central Security Service that was created in November 1952 (as America’s cryptologic organization).

Actually Soficrow, NSA was created pursuant to the National Security Act of 1949. It did not operate under that name however for a little while. In essence, NSA has existed since prior to WW2 (by a little bit) and the National Security Act of 1949 merely formalized the structure already in existence under various other names and in various other organizations. That act brought all the pieces together for the first time. I should say the National Security Act of 1947, which established the CIA and a whole lot more, but NSA was not covered separately until 1949. (As an aside, the act of 1947 also created the Air Force.)

[edit on 19-11-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The very definition of the word "UMBRA" is "In the shadows".
see for yourself.
dictionary.reference.com...

(Actually, it refers more to a shadowy part of the moon which escapes light).
This is a whole different story as "William Cooper" mentioned that the gov't was growing things and they were transporting water to the surface of the moon and there was mention of the shadowy area of the moon before he died for running his moouth about all of the shadowy things that the government does regarding undergraound bases and everything else involving aliens that live there).
I'm just saying that if it does mean "in the shadows" or even if it means the shadow part of the moon,..........WHY WOULD THEY RELEASE IT IF IT'S SO SHADOWY? Just to be noted, you can't ask William Cooper now or Phil Schneider if this incredible stuff they said was fake or real because they both got chased down and murdered. They even fortold of the event of their death because of leaking such gov't secrets.Most people lie about such events, but when several people get torchered and then murdered for saying this stuff and forwarn of gov't involvement, I'm inclined to take it more seriously. Anyway, back to Umbra......if its shadowy, they want shed light on it.

(Also)
regarding above about NSA:
NSA was designed specifically to take care of the Alien problem of that time secondly they appended the great task of recieving and monitoring all transmissions airwaves,telephones etc. worldwide from humans and incoming aliens as well as the ones who hover just outside of our atmosphere. I might add.......despite what you are told the NSA is not subject to American or International law unless it "specifically" names them as subject to the laws mentioned. Usually this is not the case. They are without law and they are right on top of you right now. HI NSA. (is it National Security Agency) or does it mean (No Subjection to Authority)?

[edit on 19-11-2005 by Phenomium]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I walked into that one didn't I? I did think about abductions after but I didn't bother to mention it. I don't think the abductions are what we would call civilised contact however, if it's all true then they are blatantly just taking us for their experiments or whatever they are up to. Much like what we do with animals in the jungle.

(emphasis mine)

If one were to look at the situation placing any ET's in a very human persona (like many of us seem to do), then you could look at the part I emphasized as a logical reason why aliens don't come right out and try to make contact. How often do our scientists go to a community of gorillas and say "Take me to your leader"? Just because we see ourselves as intelligent enough to maintain communication with an extraterrestrial doesn't mean they see us as that intelligent.

As far as the original topic, is there any possibility that the documents are kind of a "purloined letter", where any proof is hidden in plain sight (to some degree or other)? I'm sure it's just wishful thinking on my part, but perhaps there is relevant information inside the documents that is being either skimmed over or misinterpreted. I haven't yet had a chance to take a look at some of the links yet, so I can't even say if this is plausible in any way, just a thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Just out of curiosity - has anyone compared the files from the NSA with the ones at FAS? ...Are they the same?

The document itself is the same, but the censoring is different. The NSA copy is blacked out, while the FAS copy is whited out. I also noticed that the FAS copy has left a few parts in that the NSA copy censored, but nothing of significance. One other thing, is the NSA copy has a seal at the end, the FAS copy does not.

Can you tell I am bored and have nothing better to do?

edit: spelling

[edit on 11/19/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Can you tell I am bored and have nothing better to do?

Yes.

But someone has to do the grunge work. So thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hey guys TS Umbra was used by the ASA (Army Security Agency) at least in the 70's for intercepted communications.I know this for a fact. I only feel comfortable talking about it because I saw TS UMBRA plastered all over a document on a Tom Clancy Movie. I guess they declassified it. For instance, it would attach to intercepts from China, well I go too far...

<< 1  2   >>

join