It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Secret US Government UFO File Unveiled

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A just-released 1980 UFO document reveals the extent of intelligence gathering conducted by the US National Security Agency during the Cold War. The document was stamped "Top Secret Umbra," meaning it was classified as the highest, most sensitive communications intelligence. Most of the records were communications intelligence reports that "are the product of intercept operations directed against foreign government controlled communications systems within their territorial boundaries." In short, despite the fact that the document was supposed to be about UFO's, it was not.

www.msnbc.msn.com
There is one question that persistently circles the community of Unidentified Flying Object true-believers: If the government has nothing to hide, UFO fans often ask, then why is it keeping so many UFO records under lock and key?

“Well, it turns out that the government does have something to hide, but it has nothing to do with extraterrestrials,” said Steven Aftergood, director of the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists in Washington, D.C. ...
The just-released 1980 document explains that a total of 239 documents related to UFOs were located in NSA files, with 79 of those documents originating with other government agencies. ...A healthy chunk of these reports were produced between 1958 and 1979. ...The majority of these records, explained NSA official Eugene F. Yeates in the 1980 affidavit, were communications intelligence reports that “are the product of intercept operations directed against foreign government controlled communications systems within their territorial boundaries.”

According to Aftergood, the newly declassified Yeates affidavit provides new insight into the types of records sought by UFO researchers that have been withheld by NSA. ...“Even with all of the deletions, one can get a sense of the enormous scale — and the apparent success — of the worldwide electronic intercept operations conducted by NSA at the height of the Cold War,” Aftergood told SPACE.com.

“Unfortunately it is not clear from the affidavit how the withheld documents might have related to UFOs,” Aftergood said. “There must have been some connection in order for them to be within the scope of the original FOIA request ... but I have no idea what it was.” ...But for those hungry to show a great government conspiracy is at work and that alien-driven UFOs routinely cruise through our skies, the just brought to light document won’t help you.

“The affidavit does not discount the UFO phenomenon ... it simply doesn’t address it one way or the other,” Aftergood concluded.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The “Top Secret Umbra” document was expected to reveal some of the deepest, darkest government secrets about UFO's. But it didn't. Instead, it exposed the US government's intelligence gathering operations on foreign soil. Turns out that the "UFO" designation on the file was a cover for apparently illegal communications intelligence.

Does this mean that all government UFO files are bogus? Or does it mean that this recently de-classified document is a feint?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So does this mean that the UFO's may all have been military after all?

can't they be made to be accountable in this matter

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I can just imagine what the person found, who was finally able to look inside that file: a placard with one big red word on it

Psyche!

I'm sorry. The whole idea of ufo's doen't make sense to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am in no way belittling you, but I have to ask you one question jsobecky

Why does the thought of UFO's not make any sense to you.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The NASA videos will always prove theres something out there that has no relation to anything created on Earth.

If all those were man made too then NASA was redundent before it even made it into space which is pretty pointless.

see this thread for an example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The US government isn't the keeper to the truth anyway, other governments have already released info they've gathered and others are toying with the idea of releasing more info.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh gee, I suppose the entire UFO phenomeon has been solved now. It's all swamp gas, high-flying seed pods, military craft, wishful thinking, and the planet Venus. This document proves that there has been no military coverup and nullifies all previous evidence to the contrary. Good of the government to finally clear this up...for a second there I was starting to think Earth wasn't the center of the universe. Ok...I'm going to stop being saracstic now.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I dunno Flinx, What do you think?

...Seems that black ops and spy stuff got filed as UFO topics. BUT - the whole mess could be camouflage of the camouflage, feints within feints.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think this is a decoy to throw people off. It's pretty darned convienient if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood

Thanks,

- One Man Short

I know that this is strictly "human" thinking, but it makes sense to me that if there were a technically advanced species that could reach us, hover over us, and otherwise mystify us, then they would take the next step and simply land and make contact with us. So much more could be accomplished by being open than by being surreptitious.

That's it. To each his own, I guess. I know that lots of people believe in ufo's, and I don't judge them because of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
I think this is a decoy to throw people off. It's pretty darned convienient if you ask me.

This document was created in 1980, and compiles files that date back to the 50's.

So how far back does the decoy set-up go? And where is your evidence?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If the USA government ever gets around to explaining exactly what happened on the declassified events of October 7, 1965 at Edwards AFB, or shows us the film that Joseph Walker of NASA took, then maybe I can stop thinking they're hiding information on extraterrestrials. Either that or that information confirms ET visitation.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
I dunno Flinx, What do you think?

...Seems that black ops and spy stuff got filed as UFO topics. BUT - the whole mess could be camouflage of the camouflage, feints within feints.

Yeah I don't doubt that some government agencies or the military would use the guise of UFOs to hide some secret (an earthbound one). However, them doing so does not nullify the entire phenomenon. I've just seen far too many good cases from the last 60 years, from all over the world to say it's all just something the government used to fool the Russians.

[edit on 11/17/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
(I know this is slightly long but please read it, and read it all, esp. towards the bottom, you will be astonished!)

This is yet another attempt to fool the public. You fell for it again. They supposedly give out declassified information and tell you that it wasnt what you thought ................and once again you bought it hook,line and sinker. If they had that tight of a security on something like this for so long, there is no statue of limitations on rape, murder or even child support...........so why would there be a statue of limitations on something as imperative as the subject of Aliens/fallen angels? Do you really think that after what happened with Orson Wells that they are going to give you anything at all except for disinformation? Remember this is coming from the same gov't that told you Area 51 didn't exist despite the fact you could see it with your own eyes. They think you are idiots and they call you sheep and cattle and there is no way they would hand you a declassified document that says "We have lied to you all of these years and despite your constitution, which we want to shred anyway, we have hid information from the public (because youre too stupid to handle it) and we did it all on your dime.Your taxes paid for the lie and there's not a damn thing you can do about it". They won't tell you that because under the veil of shadows where everything is hidden, you aren't privy to this type of information because you are not from Skull and Bones or the upper echelon of the Freemasons. They will however, hand you a de-classified document and tell you typical political puppet-speak... things like...oh, I dont know....."are the product of intercept operations directed against foreign government controlled communications systems within their territorial boundaries." Then we as sheep are supposed to say, "you see, we thought it was alien when it was really our government protecting us and doing everything they should be doing, so it's gotta be true".....IT'S THE GOVERNMENT!!!!! They lie, thats what they do, they are trained to lie. They lie even when the truth sounds better! Let me ask you something..............Did you even expect an answer regarding this matter that was different from the answer they gave here? Did you not think they they had already prepared an answer some 20-30 years earlier and prepared for such things as FOIA and declassification? History is the best predicter of future events and I submit to you exibit A.....Is the government not synonymous with the very meaning of the word LIE? Everything they have ever told us has always been the right answer sounds really good, but, taking the rose-colored glasses off, what do you see? I see a war torn world that is a result of the very lies like this and every other countless number of untruths we have been fed. I submit exibit B, We are sheep!,We seem to never learn. Wake up (especially you America) and stop believing everything told to you when you know all they do is lie,lie,.Take this DeClass. document and use it for toilet paper.....because thats all it's worth. If you don't investigate for yourself and get off of your a$$ your constitution and Bill of rights are going to be of the same worth.READ THE PATRIOT ACT II AND THE VICTORY ACT AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! DON'T LET THEM JUST NAME IT SOMETHING DIFFERENT EITHER....SOMETHING MORE PLEASING TO THE EARS AND EYES. They got ya again. Look, not so much for aliens or intelligent beings here to help us rather, loo towards the biblical side for a little more clarity.. consider the following ...Dolphins are the next in rank of our intelligence and we use them for underwater SEAL missions to bomb enemies (slaves) and we also use them at Seaworld and the like. Moneys, next in line are used torcherously in our own experiments in labs to further our own existence, also used in zoos for our enjoyment. If there was a higher more superior intellect in opposition to us.........what would they really do to us? I say it is already happening right under our noses. We are just not being told about it. Sun Tzu even said "Those who are most experienced in war take the high ground, Those most experienced in defense live underground".
As highly suspected they do live underground in bases (Dulce, Arizona N.M. etc.) and they have every reason to be defensive, We are Warlike and there are many more of us here on earth. Consider the biblical parallels that are in the Bible itself and look them up in the Hebrew Lexicon (many online)
Here is one for ya........
bible.christianity.com...

Just look these names up in the Hebrew Lexicon:
they are in Gen:6 (Sons of God)
Gen 14:5 (Raphims) = Old tribe of giants
Num 13:33 (Sons of Anak) (Anakims) = "Long Necked", Dwelled in southern Canaan.
Gen 14:5 (Emims) = "Terrors" or "Roaming things" Ancient inhabitants of Moab.
Gen 14:5 (Zumzims) = "The evil ones" or "Roving Creatures" also translated zamzumimms = "The evil plotters".
Deut 2:20 (Zophim) = "watchers, Angels who decended".

In summation... Why do they hide? They are mortal now, had to exchange angelic powers to fornicate with women in Genesis and also they are fallen angels (sure they didnt give up powers JUST for the women lol, even though some men might.)
Why do they control our gov'ts,because then they can control us and ultimatley take many of us to Hell with them via the manipulation of technology and deception of making people believe they are abn Alien race here to help. Look it all up for yourself, don't believe nor deny what I say,....its all there, if youll just look it up and don't just believe what they tell you.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Phenomium]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One file that uses the acronym UFO doesnt prove anything one way or another. The real question is why would the ET's if they exist and come here be in collusion with the government and not come down to the masses and reveal themselves. Only reason I can think of is that they are getting something of much benefit from the governments and dont want to lose that. Either that or UFO's are nothing more than illusions equal to those of Religious appearances and visions. When it comes down to it UFO's and religion are on par with one another in the hearts and minds of human beings cant be proven one way or the other, and if one should be proven then it would quintesentially invalidate the other.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
One single document does not invalidate government involvement with UFOs. Since this document is mostly blacked out, we cant say for certain what the subject was.

The UFO phenomenon does not rest on one single idea, one single document, one case, ect.

The UFO phenomenon, in my opinion, is legit because of an interconnected multitude of facts and data. Of cases, documents, witnesses, and scientific study.

Disproving one document or one case does not even put a dent in the UFO issue. There is simply too much to the whole phenomenon. It is extremely complex.

What I do find curious and suspicous is the constant references in the Media, such as this story, to "true believers" meaning anyone who seriously considers the UFO phenomenon as legit, or who considers the Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis (ETH) seriously. I am finding more and more the media grouping serious researchers and scientists involved in UFO research with fringe cults, New agers, and Contactees, when nothing could be further from the truth. The most respected Ufologists are legit respected scientists or professionals who have studied and investigated the UFO problem logically. They are not "believers". Their results and research are not products of belief, but scientific fact.

Look at the disgusting Peter Jenning's UFO show. Same thing. Serious Ufologists are made indistinguishable from the fringe elements.

Its things like that that make me question or discredit mainstream journalistic stories on UFOs, since they are clearly written with bias or ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If true, this confirms what I have beleived for a long time that the majority of UFO sightings are classified military flights for whatever reason. However it does not explain away all of them by any stretch of the imagination. I for one will keep looking at the skies.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood

Thanks,

- One Man Short

I know that this is strictly "human" thinking, but it makes sense to me that if there were a technically advanced species that could reach us, hover over us, and otherwise mystify us, then they would take the next step and simply land and make contact with us. So much more could be accomplished by being open than by being surreptitious.

That's it. To each his own, I guess. I know that lots of people believe in ufo's, and I don't judge them because of it.

Okay first of all I would like to say that this is a great news article. Defintely got my attention.

Secondly, jsobecky, aliens have landed on earth or so a document says that is on this website and apparently Dwight D. Eisenhour had a meeting wtih two, count em, two different alien races. He rejected the first one because they wanted world peace and they wouldn't give the US techonology unless they made peace. sad isn't it
. Then he accepted the second race but they had to compromise and the alien said he wanted 1 abductee a month or something and they would keep a list of humans to be abducted. In return the alien gave the U.S. and U.S. only very advanced technology.

This is document about UFOs that the just realised is probably real. The way you tell if its real is that it never actually "mentions" UFOs but uses other words like "craft" or whatever. And secondly if it is really boring and keeps repeating one guys name.

By the way, NASA deletes their photos of UFOs. This lady interviewed someone on the radio and he said that a millitary officer hits you if you look at the photos too long without puting them in the incinerator.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Anyone who believes in the presence of EBE's on Earth, and simultaneously thinks that the shadow government would release anything they want to keep secret simply because of the FOIA, is living in a fantasy land. This document release means absolutely nothing. "Elected" governments, FOI Acts, separation of powers, etc etc, it's all just part of the facade apparatus that was hijacked decades ago. 'They' can create, destroy, forge, withhold or release any information that they see fit in regards to the real secrets. And to think that any documents related to these secrets would be listed somewhere and subject to an FOIA request is just silly.

The more disturbing thing that is evident from this document release is how pervasive and effective their communications interceptions are. I'm glad in a way that they can thus keep an eye on China; I just don't want them keeping an eye on me.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Chances are the document from the NSA covered UFO related intercepts from foreign countries. It would probably tell you quite a bit about UFO activity or at least UFO related reports from within those other countries. The NSA per-se has absolutely nothing to do with UFO's. They do, so-to-speak, read the mail of other countries though and undoubtedly have intercepts covering suspected/reported sightings in other countries and perhaps intercepts revealing what the countries of concern actually did about those reports.

I'm shocked they actually released a document with that particular code word stamped on it.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

The more disturbing thing that is evident from this document release is how pervasive and effective their communications interceptions are. I'm glad in a way that they can thus keep an eye on China; I just don't want them keeping an eye on me.

It is against the law for NSA to keep an eye on you anywhere within the U.S. Now if you're travelling overseas, thats a different story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join