It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Present Republican Controlled Government fail to do what Clinton and Newt did???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't help it, this is so ironic, it borders on insane!!!

While Clinton had a Republican controlled house, and an impeachment going on, he managed to work with his opponents enough to cut the budget and restore some sense of fiscal responsibility....

Bush has it all, republicans control everything, and well, this is what we get???

--------------------------------

"Both bills are part of a campaign by Republican leaders to burnish their party's budget-cutting credentials as they try to reduce a deficit swelled by spending on the Iraq war and Hurricane Katrina. In both cases, GOP moderates balked.

The 224-209 vote against a $602 billion spending bill for health, education and labor programs disrupted plans by the Republican leaders to finish work on 11 spending bills that would pay for government operations and freeze many agency budgets through next September."

news.yahoo.com...

I'll

my little arse off if this republican controlled government ends up shutting the government down because half of them are so far out in the right field that the sane moderates on both sides of the playing field just can't work with them to reach a compromise.....

they make clinton and newt look like saints!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I love the sound of this one.

Republicans say the measure is a first step to restoring fiscal discipline by curbing rapidly growing benefit programs whose budgets spiral upward each year unless reined in by Congress.

It seems that they have no notion of what Fiscal discipline is and have not clue how to deal with it.

But occurs the president and vice president opposition to do anything about Iraq and keeping the outrageous spending on their war is worth over the welfare of the growing low class American, take away Medicare benefits, school loans for the poor and keep killing the farmers, yes older adults can keep working with not problem until they drop death at work.

Funny I still wonder if that oil is that worth it as long as they bankrupt American to benefit the oil barons

I guess when everything start going down the hill we can just go to the neighborhoods of the elite class and just bet for scraps at their fancy gates.

Oh, I forgot they don't even live in America.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I can't help it, this is so ironic, it borders on insane!!!

While Clinton had a Republican controlled house, and an impeachment going on, he managed to work with his opponents enough to cut the budget and restore some sense of fiscal responsibility....

Bush has it all, republicans control everything, and well, this is what we get???

well. wasnt clinton riding the wave that regan created?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

well. wasnt clinton riding the wave that regan created?

I have often heard this from Republicans however the people that make this statement ignore there own logic. If you follow the above logic Regan was riding the wave created by Carter.

new topics

top topics

join