It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
We recorded the film in the waiting room of a dental surgery, kindly provided by one of our friends, ho also provided us with gowns and more medical/surgical stuff.
The "crew" was composed by five people: my nephew, my brother-in-law, and me were the "doctors", my wife and her sister did shoot the film.
For the scene of the cut which shows blood coming out we did put a small pipe behind the scalpel's blade, connected to a small pump kept in the hand: with a slight push, the blood looked as if it was coming out from the incision.
The fake open torso contains ribs and trimmings, but also marmelade and Slime (flat tires repair product).
We also used a red spray and some glue.
The shooting duration was half a day. From a total of 40 minutes, we extracted the 3 minutes duration requited, we converted it in black and white and added a sampled noiso reproducing an old camera noise.
The video was done, it wasn't spotless of course, but with an outcome of L.It. 350.000 (roughly, some hundreds of present dollars) and no chance to make any test with the puppet before, it looked fairly good to me.
I hope that who watched it enjoyed it, but on top of that thought about the fact that in order to get some special effects sometimes no huge outcomes are needed, but just some creativity.