It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Members, what would you like to see? - Council Directory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I agree with the previous post and think the What if posts that are a little too serious for BTS but don't fit anywhere else could go there.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
-I think it would be nice to change the description of the Comics board.
Right now it's "Can the Green Lantern take Batman? What about Superman versus The Hulk. Find out here." I feel this does not represent the board very well.
Perhaps something like "From Marvel to DC, Dark Horse to Devil's Due.
Discuss your favorite comic books and graphic novels here."

That is all for now

Originally posted by brodband

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
My suggestion for a new desciption for a comic forum is;

"Remove the mask, the cape, the cowl....reveal your insights and opinions on the world of Comic Books and it's creators"

I actually really do like this one. Its not too broad, and not too narrow. To me, it fits just right. I will bring this one up into the council though like I have the others too. One thing I do see that can be changed though, is the "books" part. I think if we take this out, you would be good to go. So ill edit.

Remove the mask, the cape, the cowl....reveal your insights and opinions on the world of comics and its creators.

Sound good?

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by brodband
Sound good?

Yes!

This would be a great Christmas present to the comic fans on ATS

That last post was back in December. A Valentines present will be nice since we are long past Christmas now

Seriously though, since it has been so long I take it that this is something that can’t or won’t be done.

All I need is a “No Umbrax” so I can stop bugging you guys

I would like to thank broadband for being kind to me by responding to my posts, U2Us, and gripe/idea submissions.
I would also like to thank obiwan15, Grimholt, Dr Love, bordnlazy, benevolent tyrant, ImJaded, and optimus fett for stepping forward and supporting the idea for this change.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Thanks for this opportunity. Been looking for such a thread.

BACKGROUND perspective: Had a computer or terminal in my home since 1976. Been active in a variety of different forums virtually ever since. 59 year old PhD in clinical psychology with 6 years of library work during my schooling.

1. The grey background is very troublesome to me for readability as well as being my least favorite color by far. Any option to change it? Would greatly prefer black on white or blue on white.

2. A humor section with a cartoon section would be wonderful.

3. More nested linkages with an option to choose less cluttered screens would be great.

4. A research section with a variety of questionnaires and other research tools readily available for one and all would be great fun and potentially quite useful to the founding priorities of the forum.

5. It's still--after--what--maybe 50 hours hereon--very, very difficult and time consuming for me to find feedback sections as well as more frustrating to try and find any replies to my posts etc.

6. I keep thinking it's my inexperience, and ignorance about the forum. But it ought not be THAT difficult. I'm not exactly a novice, though I can be thick-headed at times. The higher priority by far would be able to click once on any number of typical opening screens to find replies to one's posts. On FREEREPUBLIC.COM it was the "comments" or "my comments" section.

7. Seems to me the system ought to have some software feature which alerts the mods to multiple threads on essentially the same topic. Keyword based screens ought to do it in terms of scanning titles etc.

8. Have noted elsewhere . . . I believe it would be more fruitful for the forum if the taggers who had demonstrated a tendency and capacity to produce 25 or more good, reasonably objective tags--if they could have the character limit extended to 50 or 75 characters, I think a better range of quality tags would be built up much sooner without decreasing the variety of taggers significantly at all. 30 characters often limits many 2-3 word phrase tags to one per tagger.

9. Being able to go back and edit one's tag contributions would also be a benefit to one and all. Sometimes quick thoughts in the quick tagging task seem quite reasonable until reflection.

10. Some of the email list sources I often read have great prophetic and other news items stuff in the ball-park of the founding topics of this forum. However, they restrict posting of their materials such that posting is free and unrestricted AS LONG AS one posts all the document unchanged. That seems to be against the rules here. Would love to have that rule changed.

I'll stop there! LOL.

Thanks for the opportunity to share such.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Automotive automotive automotive!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would like to see a forum(or sub-forum), about Google Earth and the other Mapping programs. These could be for members to post stuff that is not easily recognizable, and they are not sure wear to put it. We could also have a list in this forum where we could let every one else know about 'plug-ins' that are available for these programs.

Also in regard to the member applause, maybe we could have a button that we could press that would bring a quality post to the attention of a Mod/MP
/Admin, so that really good posts wont go unnoticed by accident. The people will still obviously have the final say on weather they give the applause or not.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 4-2-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I would just like to announce to the members that the Comics Section in "Below Top Secret" has been changed !! A big thankyou to the admins for this.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
1. I changed my background color 2 months ago...still grey, no reply from Mods and I lost several hundred points!!!!
2.I would like to start a genealogy forum on BTS.
Just my .2

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Some simple, common sense please, thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'd like to see a technology forum on BTS.

Do you mean like Electronic Gadgets and stuff like that? Like for stuff like the new Kodak Digital Camera? Or new models of Computer Monitors etc etc?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'd like to see a technology forum on BTS.

Do you mean like Electronic Gadgets and stuff like that? Like for stuff like the new Kodak Digital Camera? Or new models of Computer Monitors etc etc?

Ohh, dont worry were still workin on that one

((Sorry for the one liner))

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think ATS has cleaned up the overall graphic presentation since I first belonged. It used to be even more cluttered, distracting, confusing than it is.

Alas, I have a pretty strong bias against the black and grey background colors. Not sure that my notions of dark blue/light blue or white or some such would be greatly better but it would sure be nice to have an option on the background colors.

Also, when I have my font sizes set for large for aging eyes . . . ATS seems to handle such worse than most sites. It does great enough in Firefox but not in IE7. Guess I can just persistently surf ATS in firefox!

I greatly appreciate the ongoing refinements and the tireless efforts of the owners and volunteers. Please keep up the good work.

I also greatly appreciate the great variety of topics cultivated, allowed on ATS in the broad field of alternative news and issues. I think ATS is one of the premier sites on such matters. As such, I STRONGLY ENCOURGE the owners to do THEIR UTMOST to insuring that ATS is around as long as possible as the tyrannical communistic/global tyrannical government descends more and more overtly on the planet.

I would think that multiple site archiving would be a minimum but also multiple site hosting options should be implemented ASAP and some very secret and guarded very sophisticated in terms of network safeguards etc.

It MAY BE WISE, EVEN LIFE SAVING for the owners to somehow set up a bare minimum structure of trusted volunteers which could function in a very hazardous environment for as long as possible--posting crucial survival or high priority alternative news on a variety of other sites should ATS be crashed and trashed by the powers that be. Of course, such volunteers would be risking all for the sake of the rest of us.

IF POSSIBLE, I would still like to see an UNCLUTTERED MODE option available where the current clutter on the screen would be hidden behind nested menu options from perhaps a couple of limited task bars or side bars or some such.

SOMETIMES, it seems like ATS can be a bit . . . groping for word . . . not prissy . . . but in that direction . . . in terms of acceptable limits on posting etiquitte. Sometimes, I find myself longing a bit for more of a casual yet mutually respectful and thoughtful a kind of cultural mileu hereon. But most of the time, it's within reasonably tolerable limits.

Mostly, y'all do a great job and it is enormously appreciated. Please, please, please--for the sake of The Republic and good like-minded folks--PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and keep yourselves safe.

God be with you,
Bo Xian

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'll chip in the one idea I submitted last time. ATS has a fiction section. Why not one for AP? Political writing can encompass fiction and non fiction. For that matter, how about getting an subject matter expert for the writers on BTS? Thre's a lot you could do with that.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
About the anonymous forum, I sometimes like to read people's views that for whatever reason, do not want to become a member. Now this is their right, but when there are over 7000 posts it is a bit hard to keep track of.

Perhaps the anonymous forums could be split so that after 1000 posts, it automatically becomes anonymous 1, 2, 3, etc.

Do you get my drift? This way, within reason, our members can more easily browse through the content to see what people are saying without trying to look through 7000+ posts.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069....but when there are over 7000 posts it is a bit hard to keep track of.

Perhaps the anonymous forums could be split so that after 1000 posts, it automatically becomes anonymous 1, 2, 3, etc.

I had stopped looking at the anonymous forum a while ago, just for that reason. It has just become too unwieldly.

It may have been a better idea to have structured the anonymous postings either integrated into the main forums (anon posts appear in the thread they are responding to)

or alternatively

divided into specific forum related subsections (as threads), like this...

9/11 Conspiracies anonymoust posts (all anon posts responding to threads in the 9/11 Conspiracy forum.

Aliens & UFO's anonymous posts (all anon posts responding to threads in the Aliens & UFO's forum.

General Conspiracy Discussion anonymous posts (all anon posts responding to threads in the General Conspiracy Discussion forum.

etc, etc... (continues for all the ATS or AbovePolitics forums - no need, imo to have it for BTS - just the meat and potatoes)

Actually, I think I like my second idea better. If a member wanted to browse specific anon posts (related to Aliens & UFO's for example) all he/she would have to do, is to go to the thread containing the anonymous posts that are responses to threads in the Aliens & UFO's forum on the ATS board.

[edit on 5/26/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well you can look at only posts in a certain forum, like Aliens & UFO's.

To the left of the post, there is the forum logo...

And right under the logo it has the Only Show this Category link.

And then it will only show anonymous posts in that forum.

Is that what you're looking for?

[edit on 26/5/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

And then it will only show anonymous posts in that forum.

Is that what you're looking for?

The only problem is that first you have to find an anonymous post for that forum. Of course if you remember the number for the individual forums it can work, but I only know two or three of them, being Aliens and UFOs, 19. And Fragile earth, being 31. I think News is 1.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

To the left of the post, there is the forum logo...

...And then it will only show anonymous posts in that forum.

:bnghd: How in the world did I ever miss that??

Thanks enjoies

[edit on 5/26/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I just thought I'd say this is an old thread and the ATS Council is a long defunct organization, so I don't know if this is the best place to put any ideas. They might never get read.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How about this? An ATS online library with virtual books, video archives and such...just a thought.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Please add any further "wishes and wants" to the following thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Closing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join