It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Google Stock Breaks $400 Per Share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The stock of Internet search engine company Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) rocketed past $400 a share today, closing at the sky-high level of $403.45. Buoyed by increased profits and higher than expected advertising revenue, the company has been a Wall Street darling, rising over 30% in value over the past month. A late comer to the Internet stock boom, only going public in 2004, Google has lately been one of the few stellar performers left in the sector.

msnbc.msn.com
Google Inc.’s stock price continues to forge ahead. Shares in the search engine hit another all-time high Thursday, breaking through the $400 threshold, a move that may once again force Wall Street to rethink its price targets.

Google shares have been romping higher since it posted better-than-expected earnings last month and reported a “sea-change” shift by major companies to online marketing from print and broadcast.

With shares above $400, the stock is up nearly $100 a share, or more than 30 percent, since it reported earnings on Oct. 20 and prompted a number of Wall Street analysts to raise their price targets.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wish I had bought some of Google stock at its IPO!

The main difference between Google and most of the Internet companies during the stock bubble is that Google is actually making money. As long is it remains a leader in the search engine sector, providing great advertising service, I imagine its profitability will continue to increase.

[edit on 11/17/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Simply amazing. I've been watching their stock avidly the last couple months just waiting for it to hit $400... I dont know why....it makes me sad really, since I dont own any stock.

Anyone know what the highest price stock is out there?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
Anyone know what the highest price stock is out there?

It used to be always Berkshire Hathaway, not sure if it still is, I'm not so tied into the financial world now...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Man if I had bought just 50 shares of google stock at a total of $4250.00 last year when it was offered at $85.00 , I could have sold it today for about $20,000 and made about $15,000.00 in profit. Now I am pissed off. I was 18 last year and did not have a credit card. I have a 5000$ and 1500$ card now. It makes me want to cry. 0% fixed rate interest for 12 months, paying the minimum balance until I cash out..... oh well. I have been making a couple hundred dollars over the last few months buying and selling gold anyways with the cards. People should really utilize credit cards more often for investments rather than consumption.

top topics

join