It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any infomation on....

page: 1

join
share:
M6D

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I spent ages looking around on the net a while back, looking for sizeable or certainly detailed infomation about frequency agile communications systems in the millitary and how they worked in more detail then i know now, but i had little sucess, so i was wondering if anyone around on this forum would happen to know anything good or useful about it?

any replies would be appreciated!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This article on wikipedia has some good information you might like about software defined radio

en.wikipedia.org...

You might also want to search for frequency hopping spread spectrum or FHSS

en.wikipedia.org...

You should also search for PSK (Phase Shift Keying), FSK (Frequency Shift Keying), Single Sideband (SSB), and also SINCGARS (Single Channel Ground And Airborne Radio System)

Here are some other good links

www.zytrax.com...

www.worldsecurity-index.com...

www.aeronautics.ru...

One thing thats cool about spread spectrum and frequency hopping radios is they are are unaffected by older jamming technologies

Something else I always thought that was pretty neat that is kind of along similair lines is Low Probability of Intercept (LPI) radar

[edit on 17-11-2005 by warpboost]

M6D

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Cheers! this kinda thing i had only heard a little bit about and well, it was an intrest to me to see how they acutally properly worked in a bit more detail! thanks!

new topics

join