It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smaller Air Force One

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Originally posted by skippytjc
Air Force .5?

Cute, but not quiet!
Air Force 1 is the call sign. If you put Bush in an F-16, it would still be Air Force 1.

Tim

Actually Royal Crown is the call sign...the term AF 1 though is (I'm guessing you meant) is any plane he is on. And you'd be right on the money. BTW the plane listed earlier is Nightwatch. Or in the early days NAOC

www.fas.org...

www.wunclub.com...

There is another called silverbullet but that is nunya biznas...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It looks the same Browno but it is a different aircraft. The RJX was cancelled with only one prototype flying. The plane the Royal Family fly about in is the BAe 146, which was the original model before it was rechristened the Avro RJ (RJ70, RJ85 and RJ100). The RJX was supposed to replace the RJ before it was abaqndoned, although outwardly the same it was actually very different but the market collapsed after 9/11 (or at least that was BAE's excuse)

The Royal 146's belong to the RAF and they are flown by 32 (The Royal) Squadron along with several other types. However there is no direct UK equivalent to the VC-25 as when the Queen requires a long range aircraft British Airways supplies it from its fleet. Previously the RAF 'Shiny Fleet' VC-10'S OF 10 Sqn were used for long range flights.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Found it!
www.raf.mod.uk...

Meanwhile, Heres the EXACT plane i went up in once!
members.lycos.co.uk...

www.nwan.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There are quite a few equivalents out there. The RAAF uses a Boeing Buisness Jet, the UK uses the BAE, Canada uses a Challenger buisness jet IIRC.... here's a list.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He's about to take delivery of an Airbus too:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Please note that the above picture of an Airbus A380 in USAF VIP colours is a joke.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ha ha, you killed the thread planeman, all our American buddies are stunned into silence!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wish I could delete my joke post... the idea that the USAF is about to buy an Airbus for presidential challenge would have made a superb hoax news article - imagine the indignation among patriots.

You heard it here first!

[edit on 23-3-2006 by planeman]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wait until April Fools Day and release it and see how many people fall for it. People seem to always fall for jokes on that day, like when Taco Bell announced they were purchasing the Liberty Bell and renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell and people were outraged, forgetting it was April Fools Day.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
I wish I could delete my joke post... the idea that the USAF is about to buy an Airbus for presidential challenge would have made a superb hoax news article - imagine the indignation among patriots.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by planeman]

Planeman,

I'm American, and I love a good joke! I have an idea for you:

Format you post like a news article, with the headline, then the picture, the a subheadline, then the main article. Then send it as a News Flash to the ATS News Network this coming Saturday, April 1st.

Who said it's too late to make a good April Fools Day Joke? You haven't missed April 1st! Let's have some fun with this.

Tim

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join