It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Plenty good money to be made...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Democrats, Republicans Split over Pre-War Intelligence, Lies to Americans....Katrina Survivors Forced from Temporary Housing by FEMA...
What Is This Country Coming To?

I guess I shouldn't watch the TV cable news, and surf the net looking for political and social dissent, but I am driven to do so. My America came and went, right before my eyes, and I didn't even see it coming.

Even the world itself is a part of this..

Even as the bombs continue to fall over Baghdad, the lines are being drawn over the role of the United Nations in post-war Iraq.

Again, the potential dispute is over UN resolutions. Again, it is likely to be fought between the US and those European countries opposing the war - with France at the forefront. Again, the French could threaten to veto the plans.

And just as before the conflict began, the UK could find itself having to choose between the US and Europe.

On one thing, all are agreed: the UN should play a key role in post-war Iraq. /9hkcv

How many agree with this? I watched as Colin Powell so eloquently convinced the UN that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, supposedly from Africa. The UN bought it, and so did the American people. Aren't we supposed to believe our government? I ask myself....isn't there thousands of gallons of American blood split into the ground so that we can live free? When JFK was in the white house, America believed in him, and we cannot believe in GWB. First he steals the election, we all know this, then he goes about spending all of the surplus that the Clinton years brought us, and within two years, putting us into an ever spiraling deficit...if that isn't a lie too. Where did the money go? Halliburton got a large portion of it, so so the oil companies.
Halliburton still is making billions of American dollars supplying the army with "the tools of the trade." Some of you might remember these lines in a song......

Come on generals, let's move fast
your big chance has come at last
now you can go out and get those reds
cos the only good commie is the one that's dead and
you know that peace can only be won when we've
blown 'em all to kingdom come

Come on wall street don't be slow
why man this war is a go-go
there's plenty good money to be made by
supplying the army with the tools of its trade
let's hope and pray that if they drop the bomb,
they drop it on the Viet Cong

Come on mothers throughout the land
pack your boys off to Viet Nam
come on fathers don't hesitate
send your sons off before it's too late
and you can be the first ones on your block
to have your boy come home in a box
(Feel Like I'm Fixing To Die Rag (Next Stop Vietnam)
Country Joe & the Fish

Plenty good money to be made...

The Brits are doing something, check this:

David Hencke, Westminster correspondent
Thursday August 26, 2004
/d3fh9
Guardian
MPs are planning to impeach Tony Blair for "high crimes and misdemeanors" in taking Britain to war against Iraq, reviving an ancient practice last used against Lord Palmerston more than 150 years ago.

Eleven MPs led by Adam Price, Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr, are to table a motion when parliament returns that will force the prime minister to appear before the Commons to defend his record in the run-up to the war.

Nine of the MPs are Welsh and Scottish Nationalists, including the party leaders, Elfyn Llwyd, and Alex Salmond, and two are Conservative frontbenchers, Boris Johnson, MP for Henley and editor of the Spectator, and Nigel Evans, MP for Ribble Valley.

A number of Labour backbenchers are considering whether to back the motion, though it could mean expulsion from the party.

One would have to admit the Blair and Bush was in this together at the start, and still are, it seems. But, the Senate, on Tuesday, showed their growing unease for Bush's war policies, people are scared on the Hill, and it's showing. The Republicans will not set a timetable for troop withdrawal...why is this, do you think? Are we not done in Iraq?
They have a constitution now, they are a smart people, why not? It's the NN's job now. America cannot be the world police, for any reason.
Another thing that bothers me is this: our un-protected borders, not just the Mexican border, but the west coast too. How many soldiers, or any other personell are guarding our western coastline, I ask? How easy would it be for these extremists to hijack a ship, and land who knows what in northern Oregon or California? They have done the ship hijack before, remember? just the other day Pirates tried to board a cruise ship...put two and two together here and see if you think what I think.

For further insight on this:/9npgg
Preventing Armageddon I: Enhancing America's Border & Port Security After 9/11

Once, America felt secure and isolated from the world, protected by the vast Atlantic and Pacific oceans off both its shores. But now, America feels uniquely exposed to the world’s dangers, with long, porous borders and seaports that appear, in hindsight, remarkably unprotected—and which now are proving exceedingly difficult to secure and defend from the new array of threats in the post 9/11 world, ranging from nuclear and radiological attack to bio/chemical attack.

With an increasingly globalizing world economy crying out for more open markets, more international trade and commerce, America’s economic vitality demands more and more openness. Yet America’s post 9/11 security requirements demand greater vigilance, greater scrutiny of the commerce that sustains America’s, and most of the world’s, economy. How do we juggle the competing requirements of security and economic vitality in this new world? The answer comes down to two words: vigilance, and innovation.

Armageddon...did anyone watch "E-Ring" last night? It was about a radical Christian group that takes over a Mosque in Detroit...

Wednesday November 16, 2005
Delta Does Detroit
JT and a SO team are sent to Detroit to address a situation with a radical Christian group that has taken over a mosque and taken hostages. JT must address legal concerns around the action due to FBI jurisdiction. Continue/aduy3

This episode spoke volumes to me, the group even called themselves "Christian Crusaders." I put this name into a search engine, and got
296,415 sites retrieved for the query: "Christian crusaders"
then I added the words "forcing Armageddon, and got 3,591 sites.
Here is one or of them with many links...
FULFILLMENT OF BIBLE PROPHECY IN TODAY'S NEWS
DIRECTORY: CLICK ON TOPIC SECTIONS:/ayrb8

There is even books on forcing the Armageddon, check this one out..

About the book:

In her book Forcing God’s Hand, Grace Halsell very clearly documents why millions of evangelical Christians worldwide pray for a quick rapture and destruction of planet earth.

Fundamentalist Evangelicals believe there will be catastrophic events on earth, some occurring already, including the turmoil in the Middle East, culminating in the Battle of Armageddon in which Christ will triumph and begin ruling the earth. At this point, they believe, non-believers will be destroyed, good Christians saved and any remaining Jews converted to Christianity. By praying for their Rapture and the End of Time, might they Force the Hand of God--to bring it about?/b2oaa

America is not a Christian Nation, are we to sit by and let the Fundamentalists and Radicals decide our future, or are we going to see them as terrorists too? Sometimes I think that the Atheists, Wiccans, Druids, and Pagans should say or do something about this, I guess we are too much about acceptance and peace. There is a time for all things, the Bible says, and I happen to believe this....another song comes to my mind:

To every thing, turn, turn, turn
There is a season, turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven
A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep
To everything, turn, turn, turn
A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together
A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing
A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

(Turn, Turn, Turn, The Byrds, written by Pete Seeger)

I end with this...couldn't all the world come together in harmony, or is it too early for this? Are we as humanity about to destroy ourselves, and our world, just because some are steeped so deeply in religious dogma that they are blinded by it? My eyes are open, may all eyes open soon to what is going on.

Come on everyone we gotta get together now
Oh yeah, love's the only thing that matters anyhow
And the beauty of life can only survive
If we love one another
Oh yeah yesterday my friends were marching out to war
Oh yeah listen now we ain't a marching anymore
No we ain't gonna fight
Only God has the right
To decide who's to live and die

Watch the mountain turn
To dust and glow away
Oh Lord, you know there's got to be a better way
And the old masquerade is a no soul parade
Marchin' through the ruins of time

(SWEET CHERRY WINE
Tommy James & The Shondells)

Blessings be with All, Magickman

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Interestingly, this is the first war in my memory that has not, at least to outward appearance, been good for the common man and the economy in general. There's only a few really pulling in the lettuce. The rest of us are either scrambling for jobs, walking the fine line between employment and redundancy, or having to decide whether 'tis better to be able to drive 50 miles to work or have a can of pork and beans.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
"It does not matter if the war is not real, or when it is, victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continous, the essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchal society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. The war is waged by the ruling group against its subjects, and its object is not victory, but to keep the very structure of society in tact."

- George Orwell, from 1984.

join