It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Mr. Fitzgerald Now Say He Was Wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Tom Maguire of of Just One Minute writes about how the Washington Post Assistant Managing Editor Bob Woodward testified that he knew about Valarie Plame's identity over a month before the "leak". Now any jury that might hear the case in the future can be spoon-fed a heaping helping of doubt about Libby lying under oath. I mean how do we know how many reporters are out there that knew and won't come forward and say so?

Seeing how the whole case against Libby is based on speculation in the first place, the likelihood of getting a conviction is going down the drain. In Mr. Fitzgerald's own words 'Mr. Libby was the first official known to have told a reporter". Of course the statement means that there could be even more officials out there that told reporters. Fitzgerald just doesn't know about them yet. Tom Maguire puts it into perspective...

With Bob Woodward as a potential witness, the defense can have fun with an updated version of the old Watergate question - "What else did Fitzgerald not know, and when did he not know it?"

Read the rest of Tom's thoughts and you'll wonder if Cheney himself isn't the one that started the "leak". Of course now that it looks like the "leak" was anything but a crime, the whole case can be shot to pieces as nothing more than speculation.

Props to Jan Haugland on finding this interesting detailed blog.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
With Bob Woodward as a potential witness, the defense can have fun with an updated version of the old Watergate question - "What else did Fitzgerald not know, and when did he not know it?"

Brilliant!

I was so unimpressed with Fitzgerald's press conference, after hearing how great he was it made me sick. It makes me so happy that this info is coming out. This whole investigation is just a modern day witchhunt, no law was broken, it was just politics.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I was so unimpressed with Fitzgerald's press conference, after hearing how great he was it made me sick.

You only heard that story because he was finger-pointing at the White House. If he would have finished the investigation with no results, the Democrats...I mean liberals would have been ranting about how the 2 years of investigation was a waste. "We need an investigation on the investigation."

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
You only heard that story because he was finger-pointing at the White House.

Yep.

Also notice the deafening silence from the left about this exculpatory evidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well,

I hear crickets..

Same crickets I hear, when discussing the "Bush lied" version of the lead up to
the war in Iraq.
I had no idea crickets were SO partisan..

I think this Woodward story may need a few more days to cook, I hope so anyway.
We'll see next week.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Step right up folks and see the 3-ring circus.

Reuters - Hadley hints he wasn't Woodward's source
White House National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley hinted on Friday he was not Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward's source about the CIA operative Valerie Plame.

"I've also seen press reports from White House officials saying that I am not one of his sources," he said

Are you kidding me?
What kind of answer is that? So basically when he was asked if he told Bob Woodward about Mrs. Plame he said that heard it wasn't him. I get it. If you never give a "yes" or a "no" answer you can't be indicted later. That's got to be one of the funniest things I've read lately. Bob Woodward hasn't had so much fun since he refused to tell who his source(Deep Throat) was in the Watergate scandal. Here we find him again mixed up in the works. I'm sure this circus isn't even getting started yet so stay tuned.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Mr. Fitzgerald knows more than any of you out there care to know, and is a reason why he went after Libby, by now anybody can guess who the big fish is in the whole deal of the leak and be aware that the fingers will be pointing to it very soon if not already.

So what is the big deal? everybody knows who the big mouth was, is just a matter of time.

None of this surprise me at all, actually nothing that is now coming from the Bush administration surprise me at all, it has been in front of everybody faces than cares to see it.

Too bad it has taken this long but hey the mess in Iraq with the chemical weapon used in Fallujah has to be out shadow by something so lets get to Fitzgerald and lets keep the people's attention on the Libby case.

The more the administration tries to cover up the more crap gets sip out of the white house.

new topics

top topics

join