Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Maybe this is an explanation for ghosts?

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
member.compuserve.com...

Interesting but it doesnt explain everything though. Only the sensation of a ghost.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A 'ghost' is kind of like a person without a body. And there are diferent forms of 'non-physical beings', as
I like to call them. That part I don't understand real well myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

A 'ghost' is kind of like a person without a body. And there are diferent forms of 'non-physical beings'

Thats interesting way to phrase ghosts.
Iv never thought about them that way.
Deep

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think ghosts are a psychic flash burn.

Remeber in Hiroshima, how, when the nuke was dropped, the intensity of the light burned shadows of the victims on the wall before it vaporized them?

I think of ghosts as similar, the emotional psychic energy of a person, driven by strong emotions, before thier death, the very energy and electicity of thier emotional states so powerful they left a sort of signature within a room.

Like if a person was being murdered, the extreme emotional crisis so powerful as they are being killed, it burns an afterimage of what was going on in that persons mind and life before they died, so powerful that it left residue. An afterburn, so to speak, in the room, thus, when people came back to that room, the traces and emotional energy, coalesced into the form of what went on, lingers on after thier death, and can be witnessed, kind of like a cd that someone left on and keep replaying.

When you consider that humans are elctyrical beings, our life force being a type of electomagnetic energy, its not entirely unlikely. The human mind and conciousness is still a mystery to scientists, and the full capabilities of the human mind are still not even understood.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This has already been discussed:

Infrasound

I don't believe this study had everything to do with ghosts. It simply suggested a link between the two. Regardless, infrasound doesn't explain away all strange occurences.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
ANY WAYS.....

Building on Skadi_ meme: Psychic flash burn....

all that 'emotionally charged' energies are not
confined to our brains & emotions....

The existence of 'cellular memory' may also be
a factor...where each cell is it's own 'self', aligned
with others in type of a 'BORG Colony'... which makes-up the individual person.

a ghostly/nebulous spectre is a result of 1. the
weak energies involved.. 2.the 'averaging'- a condition
in which dominant/strongly energized 'cells' share
energies with the 'collective'(weakly energized cells)

I suppose, a greatly energized 'ghost' image, could
have well defined and articulate features...but these would be RARE indeed... The one possible example of this may be the image found on the Shroud of Turin,

just casting bread crumbs, on the waters....
& somethin' to think about...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I believe there are different types of entities, often collectively called ghosts...

1. Poltergeists: usually, there is no actual entity here, instead, it is a manifestation of latent PK (psychokinetic) activity, usually centering around a small child. The episodes occur when said child is in a high emotional state of mind, and subconsciously lashes out...the latent telekinesis causing things to fall off the wall, break, etc.

2. Phantoms: this is the most typical type of haunting. One where the same image is seen in the same place, doing the same thing or things, etc. The common belief is that it is a psychic impression, left behind by someone who passed in a highly emotional state, thus ingraining this psychic "imprint" into reality. This occurs especially in violent deaths or murders, or tragedies where multiple people died.

3. Ghosts: this is an entity that seems to be able to respond to stimuli, and is a stronger version of the Phantom mentioned above. It could even be the actual "soul" itself manifesting itself in our reality. These range from just phantasms to entities that can affect our reality like the poltergeist phenomenon, though in this case, it is the PK of the ghost, and not a child....(this is a rare case, and may indicate a fairly powerful entity). Usually, such a presence also is tied to a cold spot, commonly thought to be a rip in the fabric of space/time, or at least in our reality....

4. Others: this includes phenomenon such as shadowpeople, wraiths, hags, etc. These could actually be entities that exist in a different reality than our own, but that are able to somehow project themselves into this one. These accounts are also rare, but are separate due to their often inhuman appearance, etc.

new topics

top topics

join