It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergarten Teacher finds Heroin on 5-year-old (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A Philadelphia Kindergarten teacher must have been very surprised when she found heroin in one of her students pockets Oct. 25. Parents were notified after the story aired on a local TV station. The incident is under investigation

www.edmontonsun.com
Boy took heroin to kindergarten

By AP

PHILADELPHIA -- A kindergarten teacher found eight bags of heroin in a five-year-old student's pocket, police said.

The matter was under investigation and the boy's mother could be charged, police Insp. William Colarulo said.

The heroin was discovered Oct. 25. On Tuesday, the school sent a letter home to parents after a story about the incident aired on WCAU-TV. Neither the child nor his classmates at Richmond Elementary School were harmed, a school spokesman said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story gave me a cold shiver. It is indicative of the lengths heroin addicts will go to. Who knows how many kids out there are addicted to opium or heroin, and their parents are pushing it on them, using them as mules, involving them in the trade. It is unspeakable abuse, and it doesn't just involve drugs. It makes me sick.

They call it 'thing'. As in "Can I have some thing?"

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Two questions here:

1) How did the kindergarten teacher know it was heroin?

2) How do we know the teacher didn't plant it on the kid for some reason or another?

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The incident is under investigation. Hopefully, the details will come out and such questions can be answered. It doesn't make sense to me that it was planted, but any thing is possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
the teacher probably didn't know it was heroin but found little baggies of a white (or off white) powery substance and knew immediately that it wasn't something that a 5 year old should have in his or her pockets.

they confiscate, call the cops, a test is done and the drug is named.

or the teacher did the finger taste like they do in the movies, said "shazam, this is heroin" and called the cops. (highly unlikely).

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It would be fairly easy to spot 'heroin', once you see it. It is a white crystal when in its initial stage.[diamorphine hydrochloride] As I doubt the child was lighting it up and smoking it or any other form of use.

However, why did the teacher search the child? Is it even legal to search a child without a parent present in that state? At 5 in the United Kingdom it isn't and the Police also have to be there.

If the child dropped it and see noticed it than it is another story. Why did the child have it?

Look at the family directly, before anything else. In its initial form it can easily be mistaken for salt and it is common place for small children to 'pick things up' without understanding fully what it is...

You then have many other lines, if it was a 'lot' of heroin it is possible a friend of the family was using the child to 'smuggle' drugs around. Maybe between a babysitter.

Hopefully the Police will find out how a child of such a young age was given such a harmful substance and punish that person to the full extent of the law.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Another good question Odium about why the kid was even searched in the first place.

It's more than likely the teacher is innocent and had absolutely nothing to do with it, but there's always that chance that the teacher has a vendetta against the one or more of the kid's family members.

I always like to look at all angles.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am also curious about how the teacher came to be looking in the boy's pants pockets. Maybe she overheard something, and thought she should take a look. I think she has the right as she is serving as the child's guardian of sorts during school hours and is directly responsible for the child's welfare.

I found a link to a local news station's coverage, with video. The investigators concluded the boy found the heroin in his mother's bedroom. She is now facing drug charges, the boy and his three siblings have been placed in protective custody.

Kindergarten Teacher Finds Heroin On 5-Year-Old

btw, I didn't steal their headline, I posted this story before I saw this site.

I wonder if police will test or have tested the boy and his siblings for heroin toxicity. I think they should, given the circumstances, and if they come back positive, add that to the charges against the mother.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Icarus Rising]

top topics

join