It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Now Says Satellite Can Spy on Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"TEHRAN, Iran - Iran said the satellite would be purely scientific. But a month after its launch — and only weeks after the president said Israel should be wiped off the map — the head of Tehran's space program now says the Sina-1 is capable of spying on the Jewish state. "

news.yahoo.com...

Interesting that they "lied" again isn't it.

Step one............ use spy sat to find targets.

Step two ..........launch second and third sat so you have GPS capability over Israel.

Step three Launch nukes..........................

Step 2-1/2..............US and Israel turn Tehran into glass............

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You missed a step in there somewhere... the one about having nookular armed missiles?

So, a question, why would Iran launch a nookular device against Israel, knowing that Israel will launch missiles, probably from it's subs, to turn Iran into a radioactive parking lot?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
So, a question, why would Iran launch a nookular device against Israel, knowing that Israel will launch missiles, probably from it's subs, to turn Iran into a radioactive parking lot?

Because they are ALL inherently illogical imbeciles, you silly billy!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You missed a step in there somewhere... the one about having nookular armed missiles?

The short answer is a massive EMP strike over both Israel and the US. Sometime ago there was a post about one of the USSR "stans" selling cruse missle to Iran and China.

EMP protection has been almost forgotten after the USSR fell................

The massive Y2K scare cause many IC's to be replaced in a big hurry and EMP protection was ignored.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

The short answer is a massive EMP strike over both Israel and the US. Sometime ago there was a post about one of the USSR "stans" selling cruse missle to Iran and China.

Step one............ use spy sat to find targets.

Step two ..........launch second and third sat so you have GPS capability over Israel.

Step three Launch nukes..........................

Step 2-1/2..............US and Israel turn Tehran into glass............

All childish Thoughts. Iran can imagine any attack on USA or Israel. It is rhetoric to satisfy their fool people.

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

Because they are ALL inherently illogical imbeciles, you silly billy!!!

Iran or any Muslim country no threat any more.

It is only Israeli wisdom that can be dstructive to USA........... and US power to Israel.

Why european wisdom was against the jews?
Ask from Palestineans and other Arabs.

How the wise sheeps fled from Europe and emerged as bloody wolves in Palestine?
Now they are wise and seasoned wolves.
Wait for the winter, only the fiercest among the will survive.

Here lies the test for the wisdom of the west/USA, chose their final round opponent........ Wise & powerful Israel...or......Foolish & weaker Mualims.

And the market, more than one billion consumer's market in Muslim World????

[edit on 17/11/2005 by chaudri]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Are you sure about that? He said it had the capabilities to spy on Israel, he didn't say that's what it was used for.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When I was just a cabin boy, I had a dog named Rags. Now Rags was a boys dog, loved to play and wrestle. One day Rags didn't want to wrestle and was acting sick, so Mom and me took him to the vet. Someone had placed rubber bands around his neck. You see he had very long hair and we didn't notice it before. Well after we got him home a kid named Bugs was playing in his yard across the street. Rags ran right over there where bugs was and bit him. Thing was everytime Rags saw Bugs he wanted to bite him. No it doesn't take a Master Beer Brewer to figure out who put the rubber bands on my dogs neck. My point is when you do something stupid, don't expect sympathy when you get bit. Iran is playing a dangerous game and needs to wake up before the kennel is opened!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Interesting.

So now it seems Iran's one and only surveilance satellite is now the scariest thing on the block and I see is just going to be labelled as a guidance mechanism for their nuclear weapons (which even US estimates put at - at least - 10yrs off and which they don't have).

Funny.
.....and this compares to how many actual existant Israeli nuclear weapons and Israeli satellites now?

(Not forgetting the USA's?)

Of course, despite showing no signs of actually being the crazy nutters willing to 'just leave things in the hands of God', see what happens and do it anyway (as we are all being schooled into believing to justify the intimidation and threats) Iran has shown no such lunacy with the long range missiles (long range enough to attack Israel) and WMDs (chemical and biological) that she already possesses and has had for well over 10yrs.

Funny that, huh?

It seems clear to me that it is those powers with the abundance of satellites and nuclear weapons that are doing the threatening and intimidation right now, not Iran.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Israel+USA already doing same to Iran and all countries in the world.

With, at least, hundreds of satellites and thousands of Nukes/WMDs and skill and expertise of their deployment and utilization.........

why Israel and USA not allow Iran and all other nations on the globe to peep into what they are manufacturing for the (New) World (Order)'s wellbeing, as a confidence building measue(CBM).

Everyone is satisfied and no more proliferation?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Norma the bartender down at the Rusty Pelican likes to wear low cut tops that would temp a gay guy to go straight. Her d cups don't help none either. When she leans over to poor a drink many a guy's been caught oggling and got a right smart slap across the face. Now regular customers like me and Pedro my macaw, we learned to peak with stealth. Hence no slap! It's become a big joke when a newby enters the bar as too how long before he catches one of Norma's haybailers. Pedro flies around the bar collecting the bets and it keeps the corona's flowing.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
On June 7, 1981 Isreal launched a covert airstrike against the Iraqi Nuclear facility at Osirak Iraq, south of Bagdad. They justified the strike due to threat of a first strike from Iraq.

What would stop their gov't from authorising another strike but this time against multiple targets in Iran due to the same reasons? The threat is there and real, from the Iran gov't itself!......just the distance and fuel holds the Isreali's back.

I'll bet the Isreali Airforce has already secured safe "flight corridors" with the US through Northern Iraq to hit Iran from the nortwest and the CIA, through Bush, will gladly supply KC-135 Tankers to refuel their strike aircraft both inbound and returning home.

Iran is stupid to rattle a sabre against an enemy who isn't afraid to shoot from the hip.

I say "give 'em the KC-135, fuel and the corridor and good hunting boys!"

Go Navy!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdelta99
lWhat would stop their gov't from authorising another strike but this time against multiple targets in Iran due to the same reasons? The threat is there and real, from the Iran gov't itself!......just the distance and fuel holds the Isreali's back.

Israel already threatened to do this several times for the past years, if they wanted to airstrike the plants, they would have done so by now.

Something or someone is stopping them or atleast holding them back.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
jdelta99,

You suggest a kinky way to attack Iranian Nuke facilities.

Israel to Iran safe corridor and refeuling facility..........

Is USA impotent to strike Iran on its own?

Let USA do whatever she likes to do or get it done by any ..... it likes.

Attacking the governments, fragmenting the societies, humiliating the civilizations,.................Encouraging individual efforts (unguided, un-limited and un-regulated) to contain the US raids on their civilizations.......Open invitation to all to go terrorist..................

It would be easier to engage, negotiate and intimidate an even partly responsible Government ........than many warlords, factions and individuals fond of martyrdom and direct entry to the heavens.

Behold!
'Do not offer a thing to your brother that you do not like for yourself'

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Iran Now Says Satellite Can Spy on Israel

So?
And?

We know it.

Ofek5 is watching you.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Something or someone is stopping them or atleast holding them back.

That would be reality holding them back.

They haven't got the hardware to pull off an attack that would effectively stop Iran's nuclear program. Irans nuclear facilities are spread all over the country, a country that is farther from Israel than Iraq, larger than Iraq, and not currently distracted by an ongoing major war. They don't have Tomahawks, they would have to get scores of aircraft in and out of Iranian airspace (inluding refueling aircraft) without detection.

The IAF are very, very good, but they have limitations like any other military force. The only power that has a realistic hope of taking out Iran's nuclear program from the air is the US, and Bush is already in the political doghouse for starting one "preeemptive" war with flimsy evidence of WMD's, starting another would effectively hand control of the House to the Democrats in 2006.

As for allowing Israeli planes to use Iraqi airspace to attack Iran, you think we've got an insurgency in Iraq now? The majority Shiite population has so far been generally supportive of the US, allow Israel to use Iraq as a staging point for an attack on Shiite Iran, and that will change overnight.

[edit on 11/17/05 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oh yeah! This seems completly crazy for a country that recruits suicide bombers. Oh wait.....

Originally posted by sal88

Are you sure about that? He said it had the capabilities to spy on Israel, he didn't say that's what it was used for.

Since when did terrorists become some trust worthy? It seems that as long as you are an aenemy of Bush, then you are a freind. Is this how you people feel?

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Oh yeah! This seems completly crazy for a country that recruits suicide bombers.

Note: recruiting others to become suicide bombers is one thing, launching a suicide attack yourself is entirely another. When was the last time you saw OBL don a suicide belt himself? The leaders are entirely willing to sacrifice some pawns, sacrificing themselves is a different story.

Iran is not going to attack Israel directly. They wont have even one nuclear weapon for several years, let alone the dozens or hundreds that would be required to stop an Israeli counterattack from glassing most of Iran. The idea is absurd, and shows just how out of touch with reality and hungry for blood the neocons are.

Sep

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Question:

I am not very good when it comes to these things, but doesn’t Iran already have the Shahab 3, which can travel to any spot on Israel? So if Iran were planning a WMD attack on the Jewish state, why would they need a satellite, seeing how lately with the help of the Chinese they have lowered the CEP to less than 100m? Do nuclear missiles really have to be THAT accurate?If they had a nuclear warhead and planned to use it they would have done so already, since they haven’t, I see no use for a satellite other than a political move to satisfy their population.

As for a nuclear attack many names can be given to the Iranian leadership, but suicidal is not one of them. The person who has to call for an attack before it takes place is Khamenei, a multi-millionaire who lives in the former monarch's palace. Logic dictates that if a person were planning a suicidal move, they would not go into business and be interested in money. Second person in charge in Iran is Rafsanjani. He is a multi-billionaire. Same story applies to him. Hence I don’t think an attack is about to happen although I have to hand it to the media and the government, after Iraq, this has probably been one of the best-organized scare campaigns in recent history.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
Question:

I am not very good when it comes to these things, but doesn’t Iran already have the Shahab 3, which can travel to any spot on Israel? So if Iran were planning a WMD attack on the Jewish state, why would they need a satellite, seeing how lately with the help of the Chinese they have lowered the CEP to less than 100m? Do nuclear missiles really have to be THAT accurate?If they had a nuclear warhead and planned to use it they would have done so already, since they haven’t, I see no use for a satellite other than a political move to satisfy their population.

You have to know where to shoot your missles.

Without strategic recon assets, what good is a nuke? You won't have any targets besides known military bases and cities. In a nuclear first strike, the oobject is to destroy as much of the enemies retalitory weapons as you can. Hence, a single sat looking down on a tiny nation like Isreal is just what you would need to find their nuclear bunkers.

As for a nuclear attack many names can be given to the Iranian leadership, but suicidal is not one of them. The person who has to call for an attack before it takes place is Khamenei, a multi-millionaire who lives in the former monarch's palace. Logic dictates that if a person were planning a suicidal move, they would not go into business and be interested in money. Second person in charge in Iran is Rafsanjani. He is a multi-billionaire. Same story applies to him. Hence I don’t think an attack is about to happen although I have to hand it to the media and the government, after Iraq, this has probably been one of the best-organized scare campaigns in recent history.

They would need nukes first, and by the time that happens (if they do aquire them), they would most likely have different leadership.

Sep

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
You have to know where to shoot your missles.

Without strategic recon assets, what good is a nuke? You won't have any targets besides known military bases and cities. In a nuclear first strike, the oobject is to destroy as much of the enemies retalitory weapons as you can. Hence, a single sat looking down on a tiny nation like Isreal is just what you would need to find their nuclear bunkers.

So you are saying that Iran cannot buy the satellite pictures from open market? And if Iran is indeed suicidal and wants to kill everyone then it doesn’t need to know exactly where to shoot. As you said Israel is a small country, a few nukes can flatten it, so what good is a satellite?

They would need nukes first, and by the time that happens (if they do aquire them), they would most likely have different leadership.

Different leadership? The current supreme leader is 65 years old and will be leader until he dies. So he will be there for some time. And I am not sure who the successor would be, can you tell me if you do?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join