It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stage is set for Christians to be discredited and persecuted

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
so dawnstar, you're saying that the only way a christian can commit an atrocity is by misdirection?

seems like a bit of a selfrightousness in there.

i just don't seem to understand what suzy means when she says "true" christians. seriously, what's the main difference, and what denomination are they?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
could you stand in a mob and watch a person burn at the stake? I couldn't!! I venture to say most people couldn't......are you saying that it takes a religion's brainwashing to be capable of such things?

what it takes(at least at the large scale that we are talking about) is that force, which we call evil to be much stronger than it is in our society at the present time! add in scarce resources, promise of power, and a scapegoat and then you have the makings of a good genocide!

weather christian, jew, hindu, muslim, new ager, agnostic, whatever, if they are sincere about their desire to live what they consider a "good life", I don't think they would be caught in such a thing and would be prompted to speak out against it, and thus be labeled amounst the other scapegoats......just to be silenced. although, there is always a chance that they could be misled, intimidated, ect..into going alone. I just used the word christian...sorry, it's the religion we are claiming here are going to be persecuted. whenever the antichrist rises....his main goal is to do harm to those who are "God's" who ever they are, or whatever path they have chosen.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Now I get you Dawnstar and find little to quibble with.

As to who are 'true' Christians; they are those who DON"T put the "traditions and commands of man" first, where the First Commandment should be. Interesting too, that I find those who do this tend to follow Biblical Scripture, even when they have never read a Bible, though it often leads them to 'find' it.

Christ is the way, but we will ALL see Him at His return and our resurrection and have the choise to accept Him. We all must die once, but it's the permanent, "second death" that becomes of those who then 'know' Him but still reject Him, The Holy Spirit in full measure.

Too many people are trying to fight the final, 'Spiritual' battle now, in this imperfect, mortal life, when this is just the recruiting phase.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
there is no final spiritual battle. there is no hell if there is a heaven, and most likely there is no satan if there is a heaven.

unless god is a sadistic, god wouldn't allow people to knowingly fight an unwinable battle.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
and birds of a feather often flock together, and sometimes they find a way to sheild themselves from the influence of the creator and create some pretty dark places within creation...and, if they can convince you that they have the right to, they can suck you into those hells. .....it might not be the biblical hell, but it can be just as unpleasant. this is true on earth, and it is true within the spiritual realms. you can chose to believe as you like, but you won't be able to convince me otherwise....

and, God will allow alot, if that is how we chose to use the free will that he has granted us, and he will allow us to give up that free will, if that is what we chose to do.
good/evil
god/satan
to control your own destiny or allow another to control it for you and just whom should you allow that priveledge.....

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Umm... anyone know where the balls are? He set us straight, he's got his bat and now he's ready to go home. If he can decide which house is his and whether it actually exists. But is it alright for the rest of us to stay and play?

O.K., maybe my humour is a little off, but that confused yet judgemental condemnation was right off.

How can you declare someone sadistic when you don't even know them well enough to admit they exist?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Original by Amethyst
Cutting Edge Article

As a Bible believer, I know that there is coming a time when Christians here in America will be persecuted. Things are falling into place. I'd be looking for the Tribulation to possibly start up within the next few years or so. And I don't think there will be a pre-Trib rapture (see Matthew chapter 24).

I agree in fact, at this very moment I am watching the media campainge being waged against US belivers in Lord God , Lord Jesus, The Holy Spirit and the devine words passed unto us in the Holy Book.

I must admit however the Holy Book has been slightly conventionalized for more universal understanding and may not be word for word, but true in the spirit of belief and search for true translation.

Now back to the media campainge I at this very moment am viewing a show by a Investigative reporting show the Segment is called "The mystery of Christmas", where in in the first fifteen minutes they have accused Matthew and Mark of lying and waging a political offset to the life of the Ceasar in power at the time of Jesus birth.

In such the investigators and authorities of history and religion "investigating" state that Ceasar was born of devine conception where in Apollo forcfully maited with a mortal woman as would " have been Apollo's devine right as a God.

Now they turn around and say wait , that explains why Matthew and Mark
conspired to write the gosple of the Virgin birth to offset the story of Ceasar's parent Mother, the difference's are only stated as this:

1] Apollo's conception equated to devine right amounting to devine rape,
and in Matthew and Mark's version intreats the matter as an action of Angelic intervention causing pregnancy where in The Holy Spirit "Angel" asked permission of God to propigate with Mary and Mary in like was also consulted and conscented causing the Jesus pregnancy.

2] The actual censes records , experts state no record was found that after the birth did Mary , Joseph , and baby Jesus go to the place of Joseph's birth to register , how ever both the Roman and Christains both account that the censes did take place as a legal proclamation prevoked by the Roman leader to ferret out the for told child to come to put an end to Rome and its ruler...

However they do say thay on the night of the birth that Angel's or what where reported as Angels did appear to announce the birth these reports come from Egyption, Roman, Jewish, and Symarian witness although not named by name but only race.

3] The December birth not true , Yup thats what the experts say they say that Jesus was a spring baby and that the only evidence they givew is that shepards saw the Angel's while tending sheep.....Ok here is my problem with that statement , if you are a farmer or rancher do you only eat in the spring no ....in fact their where not only shepards tending sheep year round , but nomadic clans often moved flocks around all year round to keep up with the grazing needs of the sheep and the herds where sold year round and movede about even in the winter.

There is more but I have to run back the tape after the show ends and find the other problems I have that assure me that we are at that time....but all should be cautioned that we not forget the rapture will spare us from the Tribulation, the persons who endure and find Christ during the Tribulation shall be trapped here till either martered or the 7 year period ends and then they will be delivered.

I'm personally not concerned therefore that I will suffer the Tribulation, however I worry about those who dont make the rapture and must endure the Tribulation.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hey guys- Hell (Gahenna/the abyss) is a Biblical doctrine. There's no debate on that question. Satan is also a servant of God, though he best performs his job being an unwilling one (Ever heard the phrase "God works in mysterious ways"?). Example of Satan's "Good" work:

-Punishing Job so he could give us a lesson on not abandoning the faith foolishly and charging God (like many people here do).

-Creating dissent against the Israeli state in ancient times within Babylon,Tyre, and other neighboring areas so our spiritual ancestors would not forsake the law and the prophets to foreign Gods (by creating two blocs of people- those for and against Adonai, much like today's pc "Xtians" and those who do not fear keeping Jesus's Christs words to the last tittle even if it makes them unpopular)

-Having our Lord crucified so we could have atoned souls (yes- nothing like using your foe to do an important task unwittingly. God's poetic justice no ?)

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Cutting Edge Article

This article will speak in depth to two perceptions of President George Bush. On the one hand, many genuinely fundamental, Born Again Christians believe the President is also Born Again, reads his Bible and prays daily. These people generally support him in nearly everything he does turning a willfully blind eye to any action he takes which is inconsistent with Christian values. Even when confronted with the facts detailing all the evil fruits committed by this President, these Christian leaders make excuses as to why Bush committed these evil deeds, rather than allowing these facts to open their spiritual eyes as Jesus stipulated (Matt 7:16)

As a Bible believer, I know that there is coming a time when Christians here in America will be persecuted. Things are falling into place. I'd be looking for the Tribulation to possibly start up within the next few years or so. And I don't think there will be a pre-Trib rapture (see Matthew chapter 24).

The point here is, people who think Bush is a Christian will start blaming genuine Christians for the problems here in America--this is a plan of the Puppetmasters. People need to wake up and realize that Bush is NOT a Christian!

This is a spiritual war, though most people are ignorant of this fact.

[edit on 11/16/2005 by Amethyst]

I totally agree with this. More and more anti-Christian rhetoric even here in the UK. Bush a Christian, thats laughable. Blair a Christain, wow just because he goes to a church of christmas day. Their both interested in the occult.

Bush is a puppet and everything is deceit and spin.

There was a documentary on Sky Three last night called Bombs, God and Cheerleaders, about a Christian American millitary family moving to the UK. And everything was just so negative, I just had to turn over. They were twisting everything they said.

[edit on 25-12-2005 by Peyres]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Is it so hard to believe that a group who has historically been the persecutor might have to face a period as the persecuted? Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind, people get set on payback sometimes when they are oppressed, and they act in retaliation for revenge. It is not good, in my view, but lots of Christians I know believe in punishment, retribution, and vengeance. The first will be last, their book says, and the meek shall inherit the earth. Sometimes innocent people end up paying for the crimes of others, and good Christians take the lumps that their predecessors actions inspired. It is sad, but very typical behaviour, in this world. The forgiveness of transgressions would be much preferred, but it is clearly not what happens much of the time. I highly doubt it will ever happen, but maybe one day, racism, bigotry, greed, hate, and oppression will be put behind us. I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
seriously, what's the main difference, and what denomination are they?

Ones who follow the Apostolic Doctrine.

"Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day; and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high" (Luke 24:46-49).

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you; and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8).

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38).

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12)

"As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed" (Galatians 1:9).

"And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone" (Ephesians 2:20).

"As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine" (I Timothy 1:3).

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (II Timothy 3:16

Here is some more stuff you need to know:

God

There is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4). He is the creator of heaven and earth, and of all living beings. He has revealed Himself to humanity as the Father (Creator), in the son (Savior), and as the Holy Ghost (indwelling Spirit).

Father

God is a Spirit (John 4:24). He is the Eternal One, the Creator of all things, and the Father of all humanity by creation.
He is the First and the Last, and beside Him there is no God (Isaiah 44:6).
There was no God formed before Him; neither shall be there any after Him (Isaiah 43:10).

Son

Jesus is the Son of God according to the flesh (Romans 1:3) and the very God Himself according to the Spirit (Matthew 1:23). Jesus is the Christ (Matthew 16:16); the creator of all things (Colossians 1:16-17); God with us (Matthew 1:23); God made flesh (John 1:1-14); God manifested in the flesh (I Timothy 3:16);He which was, which is, and which is to come, the Almighty (Revelation 1:8);the mighty God, everlasting Father, and Prince of peace (Isaiah 9:6).
Jesus Himself testified of His identity as God when He said, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:7-11) and "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).
It took shedding of blood for the remission of the sins of the world (Hebrews 9:22), but God the Father was a Spirit and had no blood to shed. Thus He prepared a body of flesh and blood (Hebrews 10:5)and came to earth as a man in order to save us, for in Isaiah 43:11 He said, "Beside me there is no Saviour." When He came in flesh the angels sang, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:11).

Holy Ghost

The Holy Ghost is not a third person in the Godhead, but rather the Spirit of God (the Creator), the Spirit of the resurrected Christ. The Holy Ghost comes to dwell in the hearts and lives of everyone who believes and obeys the gospel, as the comforter, Sustainer, and keeper (John 14:16-26; Romans 8:9-11).

Sin

Sin is the transgression of the law, or commandments of God (I John 3:4). The guilt of sin has fallen upon all humanity from Adam until now (Romans 3:23). The wages of sin is eternal death (Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:14) to all those who refuse to accept salvation as set forth in the Word of God.

Salvation

Salvation consists of deliverance from all sin and unrighteousness through the blood of Jesus Christ. The New Testament experience of salvation consists of repentance from sin, water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the baptism of the Holy Ghost, after which the Christian is to live a godly life (Acts 2:36-41).

Water Baptism

Water baptism is an essential part of New Testament salvation and not merely a symbolic ritual. It is part of entering into the kingdom of God (God's church, the bride of Christ), and therefore, it is not merely a part of local church membership. (See John 3:5; Galatians 3:27).

Mode of Baptism
Water baptism is to be administered only by immersion. Paul said, "We are buried with him [Jesus Christ] by baptism (Romans 6:4; see Colossians 2:12), Jesus came up "out of the water" (Mark 1:10), and Philip and the eunuch went down "into the water" and came up "out of the water" (Acts 8:38-39).
Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection are applied to our lives when we experience New Testament salvation: "Repent [death to sin], and be baptized [burial] every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost [resurrection]." (See Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-7; 8:2).
Sprinkling, pouring, or infant baptism of any kind cannot be substantiated by the Word of God, but are only human traditions.

Formula for Baptism
The name in which baptism is administered is vitally important, and this name is Jesus.
Jesus' last command to His disciples was, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19). We should notice that He said name (singular) not names. As previously explained, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not names of separate persons, but titles of positions held by God. An angelic announcement revealed God's saving name in the New Testament: "She shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).
The apostles understood that Jesus was the name to use at baptism, and from the day that the church of God was established (the Day of Pentecost) until the end of their ministry, they baptized all nations (Jews--Acts 8:16; Gentiles--Acts 19:5) in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
In fact, Jesus is the only name given for our salvation. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Baptism of the Holy Ghost

The baptism of the Holy Ghost is the birth of the Spirit (John 3:5). This spiritual baptism is necessary to put someone into the kingdom of God (God's church, the bride of Christ) and is evidenced by speaking in other tongues (other languages) as the Spirit of God give utterance.
It was prophesied by Joel (Joel 2:28-29) and Isaiah (Isaiah 28:11), foretold by John the Baptist (Matthew 3:11), purchased by the blood of Jesus, and promised by Him to His disciples (John 14:26; 15:16). The Holy Ghost was first poured out on the Day of Pentecost upon the Jews (Acts 2:1-4), then upon the Samaritans (Acts 8:17), and later upon the Gentiles (Acts 10:44-46; 19:6). "The promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:39).

Tongues

1. Speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance is the manifestation God has given as the definite, indisputable, supernatural witness or sign of the baptism of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:4; 10:46; 19:6).
It was prophesied by the prophet Isaiah as the rest and the refreshing (Isaiah 28:11-12), foretold by Jesus as a sign that would follow believers of the gospel (Mark 16:17), and experienced by Jews and Gentiles alike.

2. The gift of "divers kinds of tongues," mentioned by Paul in I Corinthians 12:1-12 and concerning which he gave regulations in I Corinthians 14:1-40, is given by both for self-edification (I Corinthians 14:4) and for the edification of the church (I Corinthians 14:27-28).
In church meetings the gift of tongues is used to give a public message, and it is to be interpreted. Since this gift can be misused in public, it needs proper regulation (I Corinthians 14:23-28). Not all believers exercise the gift of tongues, which is different in function from tongues given by God as the initial witness of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Paul said, "Forbid not to speak with tongues" (I Corinthians 14:39) and "I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all" (I Corinthians 14:8). Who dares to teach or preach to the contrary?

Speaking in tongues means speaking miraculously in a language unknown to the speaker, as the Spirit gives utterance. Tongues can be classified in two ways, according to function: (1)speaking in other tongues as the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost and (2)the gift of tongues as mentioned in I Corinthians.

Holiness
After we are saved from sin, we are commanded, "Go, and sin no more" (John 8:11).
We are commanded to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world (Titus 2:12) and warned that without holiness no one shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).
We must present ourselves as holy unto God (Romans 12:1), cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit (II Corinthians 7:1), and separate ourselves from all worldliness (James 4:4).
If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? (I Peter 4:18).
No one can live a holy life by his own power, but only through the Holy Spirit. "Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you" (Acts 1:8).

Divine Healing

God has made Himself known through the ages by miraculous healings and has made special provisions in the age of grace to heal all who will come to Him in faith and obedience. Divine healing was purchased for us by the blood of Jesus Christ, especially by His stripes (Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:16-17; I Peter 2:24).
Jesus went everywhere healing those who were sick (Matthew 4:23-24), and He commanded His disciples to do the same (Matthew 10:8). He said concerning those who believe the gospel, "They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" (Mark 16:18). Mighty healings and miracles followed the disciples wherever the gospel was preached.
There is no sickness or disease too hard for God. Any of us, our children, or our friends can be healed by the power of God.
"Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him , anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord shall raise him up: and if he have committed sins they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed" (James 5:14-16).

Second Coming of Christ

Jesus Christ is coming back to earth in bodily form, just as He went away (Acts 1:11). He will catch away a holy people (His bride, His church) who have accepted redemption through His blood, by birth of water and of the Spirit, and who are found faithful when He comes.
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (I Thessalonians 4:16-17).
"One shall be taken and the other left" (Luke 17:36). Will we be ready?
The signs of His coming are everywhere. The days of peril are here indeed, with forms of godliness void of the power of God; society and politics corrupted; and people's hearts filled with pride, blasphemies, unholiness, love of evil, and love of pleasures (II Timothy 3:1-13). These things, together with multitudes running to and fro, the increase of knowledge (Daniel 12:4), the persecution of the Jews and their return to Palestine (Luke 21:24), and scores of other things are starting signs that Jesus' coming is drawing near.
Wars, rumors of wars, famines, earthquakes, storms, floods, distress of nations, perplexity, and people's hearts failing them for fear are sounding the solemn alarm that Jesus' coming is at hand (Matthew 24:6; Luke 21:25-28).
"Prepare to meet thy God" (Amos 4:12).

Resurrection

There will be a resurrection of all the dead, both just and unjust.
"Marvel not this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation" (John 5:28-29).
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God . . . and the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them" (Revelation 20:12-13)> (See also Daniel 12:2; I Corinthians 15:13-23.)

Judgment

"It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27). For this reason there will be a resurrection for everyone. "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad" (II Corinthians 5:10).
The eternal destiny of every soul shall be determined by a just God who knows the secrets of everyone's heart. "And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. . . .Then shall he also say unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. . . . And these shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life eternal" (Matthew 25:32-34, 41, 46)

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'll happily admit there is weird stuff in the bible. Its the word of god through prophets, translated through both languages and time. At first I didn't know of the stranger more darker stuff, becuase I was never taught it at Sunday School!!

I remember doing these bible study things for kids with my mum when I was young. I'm telling ya, it was all good stuff, taken from the bible and applied to modern day real life. Just as I have my handy young persons bible given to me as a child. It just takes all the good stuff and categorises it into support for young people, various issues, such as relationships, peer pressure, sex etc etc.

Christians are being discredited, Jews are being discredited and Islam too.

And its all coming from atheists imo. You call us ignorant, yet constantly feel the need to belittle us. I feel sorry for you in a way, but I've yet to meet a Christian who looks down on atheists and attempts to convert them at all costs. Its just not like that. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I'm not Catholic, and why, because I dislike the vatican, its history, and the fact that its creates a power base. Power corrupts, end of story, and thus a sovereign state dictating guidlines to billions of adoring catholics around the world is wrong. Particularly with all the scandals involivng money, paedophilia etc It just isn't right. I've been going to a Free church (as in free from the catholic church and free from the Church of England) and I think thats the future of Christianity. Away from the state, away from perceptions of power, authority and wealth, a personal thing, a spiritual relationship between the Individual and God, through communities.

My church is on a council estate and it welcomes in anyone of any religon. It offers financial support (building a sports park on the estate) offering youth club services, and not ONCE has it ever forced it upon anyone. Crime has fallen on the estate and its now a decent place to live.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Peyres]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It definetly will not be bush, because the anti-christ is the ony one coming to kill us all. Well that is if you will die for your religion and will not accept the mark of the beast. Here are the signs of the anti-christ i was reading in the bible, then if you see this man you know its our tribulaton period

He will rule most of the worl and be head of the united nations
he will make one currency for the whole world
he will try to make an organization to stop world hunger but everyone will know it will fail
He will be super rich, billionaire rich, moved into a country he doesnt belong to
Its not bush because bush is not rich enoug and doesnt have enough time to fulfill these prophecies to be the anti-christ

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
there is no final spiritual battle. there is no hell if there is a heaven, and most likely there is no satan if there is a heaven.

unless god is a sadistic, god wouldn't allow people to knowingly fight an unwinable battle.

Well the seven churches will rebel against the anti-christ but god wants to know who will die for him and he will let evil rule (antichrist) for seven years. since evil owns this earth this is a test to see who is faithful and deserves eternal life. Evil does exist, it is there arent there evil people out in this world? then who sparks it? the fallen angel, satan. The sprirtual battle will happen when this orld will end, evil will break lose from the earth and fight against all the followers of jesus and jesus himself. It was alaso written we will win and they will be sent down to the fiery pool aka HELL!!! it does exist. Not everyone goes to heaven, most people these days dont deserve. If there is up there is down if there is light there is dark if there is good there is evil if there is heaven there is hell

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think that when a new world religion finally happens, all the faithful Christians of the world will have to decide to belong to it or not. Those who do not will be seen as trouble makers and intolerant. The New World Order will accept this new religion as a tool for the puposes of uniting all nations. To bring it to fulfillment a sweet talking nice looking intelligent figure will seduce both into accepting his rule as the salvation of the world. Then shall the end come, and the persecution.

Fromabove

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
why is it that this always sounds like the most perfect "insurance policy"? It's like, if Christians are persecuted then that vindicates everything the Christian scriptures have predicted but, if they aren't persecuted then the time has not yet come for them to be persecuted but, you should know that it will. It's a "no-lose" proposition and is, perhaps, the most perfect argument ever constructed.

It all just seems a little too "pat" to me.

Then, the by-product of all of this is Christians trying to goad and bait everyone else into persecuting them so that the "prophecies" can be fullfilled. Nawh-unh! I ain't gonna play like that.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
'Then, the by-product of all of this is Christians trying to goad and bait everyone else into persecuting them so that the "prophecies" can be fullfilled. Nawh-unh! I ain't gonna play like that. ' Al Davison
I ain't gonna neither. But I bet that there are more than enough folks who will be more than happy to oblige them. I have sometimes wondered about the possibility that since Jesus was extremely knowledgeable about the prophecies in the Holy Books regarding the Messiah, he may have knowingly fulfilled them. Of course, that does not account for the ones about his birth.
As far as prophecies go, though, I feel that the Hopi Native ones that tell of the nine signs of the end of the age are the most impressive. They are quite clear, and 8 have already come to pass... The Vedic description of the end times of the Kali Yuga are also a good description of our present state.
I wasn't able to make sense of the ones in Revelations, though. Too abstract for me to interpret what they meant.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
From the Book of John:

Joh 19:28 After this, when Jesus realized that everything was now completed, he said (in order to fulfill the Scripture), "I'm thirsty."

Fromabove

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I dont remember if this was discussed , but did anyone remember the story of the anti-christ rising out of ASSYRIA the biblical Syria. Or how about this one the beast shall have 7 heads and ten horns and one head shall be wounded as if to death, but the wound was healed miraculously.
Finally the beast shall broker a deal between Israel and the many who where negotiating already and shall secure a 7 year peace treaty.

Now slight cross over thought time.

current events

Ariel Sharon , lies in hospital with chemically induced coma , and his head has a potientially deadly condition. Now also what is his blood line is it possible his blood line might have had roots in Assyria atleast by one of his blood line and how about this he is a major reason for the pull out in Gaza wether through contraversy or not he effectively has moved towards the resolution named in the prophacy,, the many are negotiating now and I think if he is healed totally and returns to work he will finish the road map having been humbeled by the near death experience, not only he will change , but he will gain sympathies and used correctly could wind up the treaty and bring the 3 1/2 year peace time.

Now here is where feathers start getting ruffeled , but wait I am not saying for a fact he is the "beast" of the prophacy , but what about the false prophet the one the is in league with the beast and assist in facilitating the deliverance of Israel to the beast . What better support could the antichrist have than an insider working the PR campeign..

[edit on 7-1-2006 by skizem]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by skizem]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
when christians speak of a persecution, are they talking about prophecy
that's divine or simply self-fulfilling?...are you aware of a picture from eng-
land about jehovah's witnesses/united nations drama...sodomizing the
truth...for a library card?...jw/un drama the wt society's idea of a "miracle"
or "act of god"...and just another "it never happened"...love/norris attor-
neys of fort worth, tx, usa...attorneys and legal experts marci hamilton,
annmarie timmins, carmen durso...folks dealing with thousands of abuses
and coverups by wt society...a few in court...christians to hurt, frame, and