It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stage is set for Christians to be discredited and persecuted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Christians are being persicuted and it's proven by the fact that so many who know the difference between Christians, and Anti-Christians in sheeps clothing, along with knowledge of history and politics, continue, without ceasing, to blame Christians for what God's enemies do "in the name of" Christianity.

ATS is 'chock full' of these 'educated', 'enlightened', New Age 'type', enemies of the truth.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by suzy ryan]

so exactly what is this truth, and who are its enemies?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Christians are being persicuted and it's proven by the fact that so many who know the difference between Christians, and Anti-Christians in sheeps clothing, along with knowledge of history and politics, continue, without ceasing, to blame Christians for what God's enemies do "in the name of" Christianity.

ATS is 'chock full' of these 'educated', 'enlightened', New Age 'type', enemies of the truth.

Al thanks for making my point. First you fail to counter my point but instead make a weak jib, then despite knowing (if you really are 'educated') that The Bible encourages giving thanks with music and dancing, you throw out Southern Baptist doctrine as condemnation against Christianity.

An 'enlightened', 'educated' person doesn't spread lies and confusion unless he wants to keep others in the darkness of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

so exactly what is this truth, and who are its enemies?

Enemies of the truth are those who preach and teach the opposite to what they know, for their own selfish or pridefull reasons, to the detriment of others.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

what God's enemies do "in the name of" Christianity.

Through out history protestants have called catholics Gods enemies visa versa.
But through out time jews are universally accused of being against God.
So it must be highly probable that history repeats itself

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, suzy_ryan, I get the feeling that no matter what I say I'll be making your point for you. Glad I can help!

I didn't make up the thing about the dancing - I'm just repeating what I was taught in numerous Baptists churches - yep, I attended probably 2 dozen in my formative years. If that's an attack on Chrisitianity, then you should take that up with those preachers - maybe they were all "enemies of the truth". I leave judgement to G-d because it's not my place to judge what is in a man's heart, right?

Somehow, I get the feeling I just made another point for you...

Besides, I'm feeling lighthearted and happy, tonight. I'm in no mood to fight. I'm on my way to sing Christmas songs! Even if the songs are kinda lame (not talking about the message, just the music), it's fun to sing with friends!

oh, yeah, I meant to add that, yes, I hold an MBA from one of the top schools in the USA and I'm not ashamed of that.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Al Davison]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Al, it's cool, I too am in no mood for fighting, just pointing out why I support the premise of this thread.

The harmfull actions of people and 'churches', 'falsely' claiming to be "Christian", are constantly used to spread disrespect, and even hatered for, those trying to well practice the Christian Faith.

People who KNOW these harmfull actions are counter to Biblical Scriptures, will still raise and repeat them endlessly, as (only negative) examples of what they say Christianity 'is'.

Don't worry, I've read enough of your posts to have formed the opinion, "ya aint some dummy" but the tack of your debate did momentarily cause me to allow another possibility.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I agree that bush is not a christian. He makes me want to
everytime I hear his lies. I am a believer and I can tell you this--You are right when you said that the stage is set. All that has to happen is the Trribulation, but I do believe that the rapture will happen. In any case the point is is that bush is no good. I don't think that he is the Antichrist though, because the Antichrist is going to make Hitler look like a choir boy! He is also a member of the Bohemien Grove-go to infowars.com. There you will be able to read all about his affiliation with this secret society if you haven't already. I didn't get to vote because I was battling a sickness, but I don't think that I would have done so anyways. Neither of them were worth it

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
you didn't name any specific enemies, and exactly what truth it is, suzy.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
see? that's the problem - some folks will take the "Bible scriptures" to be the absolute truth and others won't. My opinion is that neither is the final authority - the individual works out with G-d what is right for their relationship and nobody else has the right to weigh in on it. It's just like you trying to decide whether I really love my wife - only even more than that. You don't get to decide! It quite simply ain't none of your business.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
madnessinmysoul, the link in the first post, pretty well covers the range of 'enemies', why do you want me to list them again? Maybe you want me to name some you feel well trained and ready to defend?

As to, "what is truth" (Caesar's rhetorical question when he gave Christ to the enemy) it can be found, line upon line, precept upon precept, command upon command, in those 'Scriptures', not, 'a' line here, 'a' line there, as so many of the enemies of the Christian Faith present it, in order to tear it down.

Remember this thread is about Christianity, and how it is being set up to be discredited, not the endless speculations of man's philosophies.

You don't need The Bible to love God, first, and everyone else, including your enemies, but it does explain the 'how and why' of our current existance and the meaning and purpose of "Christianity", not just, 'being good' in this short, mortal life, which so many of the enemy present as it's purpose.

To restrict The Bible to, a guide for moral living, is like restricting your beloved wife to being good for cooking, cleaning and sex, or your beloved husband to being good for bill money, yard work and sex. Any truly loving spouse would have to say, "Now hold on there, they are MY LIFE, in a way I hope you too can someday experience in your marriage."

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I fully agree Al, it ain't none of your business to weigh in on whether I love my husband, or, whether Christians love God and His children, but if that's the topic of discussion it would be wrong to lie about what you know in order to break up the relationship.

That's what "the enemy" is doing to Christians.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
the problem with this thread is that the christians are the ones who have the majority, making it extremely hard for them to be persercuted.

just my 2 1/3 cents

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

the problem with this thread is that the christians are the ones who have the majority, making it extremely hard for them to be persercuted.

I know alot of people claim to be a christian but I've heard a couple of times about studies done and 10% of christians are born again.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am a return to the fold Christian and I dont feel persucuted in the least. I havent had anyone tell me I couldnt worship God in any manner I see fit. I havent had anyomne tell me I couldnt have my beliefs or been hassled in the least.

I have had seen people make fun, I have even done so in the past, and not want me to push my beliefs on them, but I dont want them to push their beliefs on me either.

But not wanting to listen to someone preach is hardly the same as being fed to the lions.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I fully agree Al, it ain't none of your business to weigh in on whether I love my husband, or, whether Christians love God and His children, but if that's the topic of discussion it would be wrong to lie about what you know in order to break up the relationship.

That's what "the enemy" is doing to Christians.

Truth is individual, and so while I accept your Christian truth, I have a far different, and just as valid truth. Muslims, who number over 1.4 Billion by the CIA's estimates, are also just as valid as Christians, and their truth is true for them.
Abraham was the source of three faiths, related, family, descended from a common patriarch. I doubt Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, etc. will ever be accepted as being just as right as Christians, considering the three Abrahamic faiths appear far, far from kissing and making up. Why does it seem that everyone is certain that it is impossible for different individuals to have differing, yet equally valid truths? Someone always has to be wrong, I guess....

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Christians. This thread is about Christians. Not, Children of Abrahan or the philosophy of 'truth'.

Anyone who uses the tag, 'Christian' yet doesn't live as one following Christ, or any line taken from The Bible out of context, used to do or express harmfull things, counter to the Whole Message, these are things, "setting the stage" for Christians to be "discredited" which along with injustices commited by those claiming to represent Christianity, leads to persecution.

Persecution doesn't mean, being fed to the lions, but being treated cruelly, which when you compare the language and tone used against Christians and Christianity on ATS, to that used towards any other faith or lack of, is evident already.

Even when it comes to the subject of Islamic terrorists, there are people, not of that faith, stepping in to say all Moslems shouldn't be judged by those who don't live by it's message of love and tolerance, yet when Christians try, gently, to explain, say, that "the Crusades" aren't Christian, they get personally attacked for doing so, which is cruel.

If I went out and used my interpretation of the lessons of science, to kill millions of babies before they could draw their first breath, science wouldn't be discredited or persecuted, I would, as a sick individual....sorry bad example, abortionists are held up as social and medical heros. Would that be the case if they used the Christian faith to justify their work?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I know alot of people claim to be a christian but I've heard a couple of times about studies done and 10% of christians are born again.

are you saying that only born agains are REAL christians?

clarification please?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

are you saying that only born agains are REAL christians?

clarification please?

Alot of people would claim to be a christian but really aren't. I can't think of another way to say it. It's not an outward "appearance." It's an inward condition.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To those who want to attack Christianity as exclusionary or judgmentel, remember there are TWO resurrections when ALL people get the choise to be baptised (over)whelmed, accept Christ and The Holy Spirit. Dieing in this life without ever hearing the Christian message, doesn't exclude anyone, as "all must die once" but it's "the second death" that is final.

The first resurrection is at His second comming when He rules the world for a thousand years with those resurrected "firstfruits", and the second, after that 1000 years, when all will live for a hundred years. All get their last chance to "know" and "choose" to accept Him and not the second death.

Also the 144,000 'virgins' could be lifelong 'agnostics', who have always been good and pure at heart and are all 'called' to know the truth, without first having 'sold out' to, or 'bought' another faith. They could all be of every colour and cast in the world so no one misses out on 'hearing' before the "great war".

The battle is nowhere near over in this currently satan ruled world system of things, but if enough evil or selfishness is taken to heart in this lifetime by indivduals, they may choose to continue to reject Him at the time when, "every knee will bend".

This is all in The Bible,('possible specifics', my understanding of what's written) yet I bet you don't know many 'Christians' who 'preach' it, though they are "out there", but I bet you all know a 'Christian Church' that would lose it's power, wealth and hold on people if these Biblical passages were regularly, preached and expounded.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Feeling the need to be persecuted seems to be a general human trait. EVERYONE seems to have the need to be a martyr these days. Christians think they are being persecuted, so do muslims, Budhists and any other religion you choose to list.

It's not just religion either. people believe they are being persecuted for the color of their skin, regardless of what color they are.

Get the %$#@& over it people. Your not being persecuted and no one really gives a crap about what you believe.

I'm a spiritual anarchist and I catch crud every time I tell a christian that i do not believe as they believe. They refuse to have anything to do with me because of it. Now, am I being persecuted? Nope, i'm not. If they are that closed minded I am better off with them out of my life.

Love and light my un-persecuted friends.

Wupy

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join