It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stage is set for Christians to be discredited and persecuted

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Howcome persecution in the past has always been done by christians insead of on christians? Christians were the ones who started the crusades, the inquisition, pogroms and stood by silently during the holocaust.
The world has hated the jew far more than the christians history proves it.
I think that this love christians have for israel is what will lead up to the antimessiah. I think that someday a born again christian zionist will end up fighting the messiah himself.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
Howcome persecution in the past has always been done by christians insead of on christians? Christians were the ones who started the crusades, the inquisition, pogroms and stood by silently during the holocaust.

How do you know they were true christians? I have a problem with saying they were/are.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I think that this love christians have for israel is what will lead up to the antimessiah. I think that someday a born again christian zionist will end up fighting the messiah himself.

Have you ever cracked a history book? How about the book of martyr's?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Scienceguy94,
You really and truely need to review your history before posting statements like that. There are numerous documented historical events in the early days of christianity where professed as well as accused christians were tortured and put to death because of their belief.
Do a quick search on how many christiran were put to death in the Roman Colosseum. Check out what the origion of the fish symbol came about. If you are not familiar with the fish symbol, it was a way that early christians were able to secretely identify each other.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Have nothing of it , it does not concearn anyone unless we allow it to , religion was created by man/men , to siphon off a portion of their labours , much like governments siphon it off through taxes , you work , they live the high life for free , I personally do not claim any loyalty to anything created by man , or of this material world.
DoN'T Be BRaiNWaSHed.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012

Scienceguy94,
You really and truely need to review your history before posting statements like that. There are numerous documented historical events in the early days of christianity where professed as well as accused christians were tortured and put to death because of their belief.
Do a quick search on how many christiran were put to death in the Roman Colosseum. Check out what the origion of the fish symbol came about. If you are not familiar with the fish symbol, it was a way that early christians were able to secretely identify each other.

IMG you have just proven revelations to be concerning those being mistreaed by nero.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
scienceguy94,
And how is that?
You stated that there have been no persecutions perpetrated against christians. That throughout history, it has been the christians who have been the source of the persecution.
All I have done is refered you to documented history proving that christians also have the targets of persecution. The same as every religion, race, etc throughout history. If you cannot accept that, well, then

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
well, let's see.......

they want us to believe that the majority in the US are christian...and of course we all know, the majority rules, rights...so if christians are to be persecuted in america, well, this logic would lead one to believe that it must be the christians that are chosing to persecute christians, right??

I really believe that there are limitations to the right of the majority to rule, they are contained in the bill of rights, the rights of the minority are protected. but, well, our constitution was built so that the driving force behind our country would be the consensus of the people, giving the majority a great amount of power to form their country as they desire.....

so, well, if the majority of the population is christian, and there is persecution of any kind in this country, one would have to assume that either our government and our leaders are not abiding by the constitution, or that those christians are willing to allow that persecution to happen and maybe even support it, or what I believe... a little of both!!...they choice is yours, but at the moment our government is being run by the ones trying to "save" the christians from all the evils the rest of us plan and well, they seem to be doing a heck of alot to trample those rights that are guarenteed TO ALL CITIZENS, even those who are within the minority and thus prevented any of her citizens from being the victims of persecutions.

chose what you wish to believe. I just know that if the constitution is being followed, and the checks and balances are in place, well, there should be no one being persecuted, period.....definately not the majority of the population!

[edit on 17-12-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Seastar, you are a sick person. Truly.
You call yourself a Christian but without even a second thought, you judge someone else.
Not only does Jesus say that you shouldn't judge one another, he says be cautious to blame everything that goes wrong on the devil. You accuse that simple-minded man (George W) of being the Antichrist! That is a huge offense.
You are obviously a democrat and I can't believe you don't believe the war was for a good purpose.
Any time when you are protecting freedom and preventing tyranny, you are fighting a worthwhile battle.
Saddam tortured countless people and killed thousands simply because they disagreed with him. (Funny cause here in America, that doesn't happen.) Without Freedom of speech, I and countless others would be dead right now.
Saddam killed people by killing their sons and strapping the dead son's body and face against the living fathers'. The person would eventually die of suffocation. Anyone fighting against this cruelty is no murderer.

War is sad. But no one should let that kind of madness go on.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by TaliesinReborn]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Was it our fight to fight though? There's little dens of hell like that all over the world, why chose Iraq to rattle hell's gates, are we willing to take on the entire kingdom? go into those other countries and cleanse them of their atrocities also?

and since the topic is related to christianity anyways, biblically speaking, should we be rattling the gates of hell with bombs and bullets anyways?

there was a power or powers above saddam and the taliban, we've removed saddam, we haven't removed that power. that will take alot of prayers, and alot of work on the iraqis and afghanistan's part. considering we have one side kidnapping women and girls, then the other killing them when they are released(family honor and all) well, I don't think we are winning the war on the spiritual side. we're just playing with the devil.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You are absolutely right in part of that. However, part of Iraq is not a spiritual war. At least not to me. There is a difference in fighting for freedom against dictatorship, and fighting against the less noticed, darker-happenings in the world.

Where I do agree with you:
What we're doing in Iraq has nothing to do with winning the spiritual war. If anything, it is the opposite. Bullets and murder won't end evil.
However, spiritual battles take place everyday, whether it's a 12 year old boy going atheist because all his friends are or a group of people getting saved at some convention. And always remember, the spiritual battles are all that will matter in the end.
You're right. All we can do is pray and use the gifts we are blessed with.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by TaliesinReborn]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
scienceguy94,
And how is that?
You stated that there have been no persecutions perpetrated against christians. That throughout history, it has been the christians who have been the source of the persecution.
All I have done is refered you to documented history proving that christians also have the targets of persecution. The same as every religion, race, etc throughout history. If you cannot accept that, well, then

But The jews have been bigger and consistant targets of persecution for a much longer time. Even today in europe synagogues are defaced, and israel is accused of genocide. Its the same song and dance.
Remember its not christians who are accused of trying to control the world via the protocols of the elders of zion.

The reason I figure that the christians will turn on israel is when thier love is not bearing fruits. I know that the antimessiah is prophesied in jewish scripture. he will be the main antagonist to the real messiah. So this "satanic bad guy" everybody has been ranting about for the past 2000 years has been accused of being every pope and every world leader, and every celebrity has not escaped the scrutiny of the very loud evangelical christians.

I do not deny that there will be the end times. I think that there has not been enough change socially, and politically.

I think that religion is failing modern man. That is why people are turning toward atheism and paganism. We as 21st century people need more knowledge than something explained as supernatural. We need to know more about God than stuff that is in the bible.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
scienceguy94,
No one is denying that the israeli peoples have faced persecution throught the centuries. but they themselves have also been the perpetrators of persecution.
The sole reason that I responded to your earlier post was to correct what you were saying in that christians had not faced persecution in history. Can we agree on that one point?

emember its not christians who are accused of trying to control the world via the protocols of the elders of zion.

No, christians are accused of forcing their religion and their tenets on the entire world.

The reason I figure that the christians will turn on israel is when thier love is not bearing fruits. I know that the antimessiah is prophesied in jewish scripture. he will be the main antagonist to the real messiah. So this "satanic bad guy" everybody has been ranting about for the past 2000 years has been accused of being every pope and every world leader, and every celebrity has not escaped the scrutiny of the very loud evangelical christians.

I cannot nor will not speak for christian community nor the christian church, I can only speak for myself. I am much more inclined and even fear that instead of the christians turning on the people of israel, I see a more of a blending of the two. There are few differences in the basic tenets of both religions and the main sticking point to a unification of both is the christian need for the israelis to accept christ as a messiah. If the wto religions were to combine... woe to the world as both religions have shown their tendencies to wipe out non-beleivers (you know sort of what Osama and ilk have been accused of? The difference is israeli and christians do things in a much bigger and broader strokes that Osama has.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
TaliesinReborn,

you don't unseat a lord and not expect a spiritual battle to follow.....
we've attempted to over throw two!! then well, appeasement maybe??, we seem to be giving the one who attacked us, the territory of the other. maybe this is why religion has suddenlly become a major topic in american society? there is a spiritual aspect to the wars we are fighting.

to have the amount of oppression and sheer terror that both Saddam and the Taliban had instituted into their countries is very close to demonic, if it isn't....which means there was spiritual forces at work. there are as many kingdoms in hell as there are in heaven, not all of them are chummy. the lords don't always agree with each other, and well, they keep each other in check, not one kingdom holds such an overwelming amount of power that they can really institute that "antichrist" agenda on the physical plane. by taking Iraq from one kingdom, and handing it to another...we just might offset that balance. we're rattling hell's gates.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Everything about this thread is wrong. The stage is set for NON-christians to be persecuted, not christians. Sky News (an Illuminati front) yesterday presented a show trying to depict Christmas as something which was being suppressed. The cow managed to use the word "'n-word'" 3 times in her 20 minutes, and then went on to claim how these days it's OK to celebrate Diwali (WTF!) but not Christmas. I mean, when the hell did you last see a non-Hindu celebrate Diwali?

What a bunch of lies. BBC News has been running with this story too - blaming the non-existent "PC brigade" for doing in Christmas somehow. Nobody is persecuting christians - it's 100% the other way round.

Which raises doubts in my mind as to the real motives behind the original poster's comments..

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeB
Everything about this thread is wrong. The stage is set for NON-christians to be persecuted, not christians. Sky News (an Illuminati front) yesterday presented a show trying to depict Christmas as something which was being suppressed. The cow managed to use the word "'n-word'" 3 times in her 20 minutes, and then went on to claim how these days it's OK to celebrate Diwali (WTF!) but not Christmas. I mean, when the hell did you last see a non-Hindu celebrate Diwali?

What a bunch of lies. BBC News has been running with this story too - blaming the non-existent "PC brigade" for doing in Christmas somehow. Nobody is persecuting christians - it's 100% the other way round.

Which raises doubts in my mind as to the real motives behind the original poster's comments..

This my point. I believe that christians will be the persecutors and nonchristians will be the persecuted. For the simple fact that christians and the christian/roman culture has always persecuted minorities. such as the salem witch trials and the crusades

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Christians are being persicuted and it's proven by the fact that so many who know the difference between Christians, and Anti-Christians in sheeps clothing, along with knowledge of history and politics, continue, without ceasing, to blame Christians for what God's enemies do "in the name of" Christianity.

ATS is 'chock full' of these 'educated', 'enlightened', New Age 'type', enemies of the truth.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by suzy ryan]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow! I surely wouldn't like to be called "educated" or "enlightened" - that must really hurt!

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
so, when the christians sit in church and hear about the evils of witchcraft, divorce, homosexuality, women who work, women who wear pants, women who chose not to become mothers, public education, ect. ect... not to mention those that spread the message far and wide through various venues such as this.....

what about those who knock on your door just to tell you that God loves you so much, he's sending you to hell?

is this persecution too, or just practicing their religion and right to free speech?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
so, when the christians sit in church and hear about the evils of witchcraft, divorce, homosexuality, women who work, women who wear pants, women who chose not to become mothers, public education, ect. ect... not to mention those that spread the message far and wide through various venues such as this.....

you forgot dancing - I was raised Southern Baptist and was taught all my life that dancing was a sin. Now, my neice takes dancing lessons at a Baptist church. Go figure...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join