It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stage is set for Christians to be discredited and persecuted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The point here is, people who think Bush is a Christian will start blaming genuine Christians for the problems here in America-

I think everyone except christians already know they(christians) are the problem here in America. The religion is old and outdated. Only the simple minded truly believe any of it any more . We all know that the world is round and that the universe is big now....
Sure its teachings can be good but they can also be very bad. Here is a good source. www.evilbible.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I say it's about time that Christians are discredited. My God, for my entire life, Christians have been in my business, telling me what I need, how it is, pressuring me with their belief system, acting as if they know it all and what's going to happen if I don't take up their fantasy religion, calling me a sinner, unworthy of God's blessings and Heaven after I die.

It's about time they're discredited! I have never cared what they believe for themselves or how they worship, but Jesus! they're in my life bugging me all the time! I've had enough of it.

I'm not advocating persecution, but I sure wouldn't mind of they got out of the government and left everyone else alone. But that's not going to happen. And if it does, I want a front row seat!

Dawnstar, Way above!

Ya know there is a story told in churches around the way that goes something like this:

In England there was a man at the gallows (where they hang bad people) and when it came for his turn the preist asked if he would confess his sins and ask for forgiveness because if he didn't he was going to hell. His reply was "If I truely thought that I was on my way to hell, a real place of eternal torment, I would walk from London to Scotland telling people 'Repent and change your ways'" and with that he was hanged.

I said this to say that most, not all, Christians are only concerned with your eternal resting place, not trying to drum up cash for the coffers.

My Pastor says it like this "Life is a dressing room for eternity", the scriptures back this up by what Moses said about having fun for season, but he knew it wouldn't last. There is also scripture that goes like this, life is but a vapor and another that says we are grass that whithers quickly.

So if these things are true, and I know they are, then live it up while you here if you don't want to hear about Christians trying to "save you", because it is all you are going to get.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
I don't believe atheists in general are evangelical by nature, and on that note, I don't think that they really care too much about what Christians are up to or believe, as long as it doesn't negatively affect them or their children or their community. In other words, I don't see Christians being "persecuted" as such in America. At all. Ever. The world is full of persecuted peoples and religions, but I disagree with the topic of this thread - that the "stage is set for Christians to be 'discredited and persecuted'."
The Bible does not tell us much about this "rapture" subject (the term "rapture" certainly does not appear in the Bible at all). The Bible describes a time when Jesus (or Jeeezuzz *wink*) will come to Earth to resurrect the dead and "call the faithful home" (as written by the apostle Paul). However, the Bible speaks nothing about the time when this would happen - before, during, or after the "Tribulation" - and as such, there are competing schools of Christian thought on the issue. With such uncertainty, perhaps calling "rapture time!!" right now might be a little premature. Of course, the "end times" have been declared as such since man first opened his gaping maw - you wouldn't be the first.

This statement confirms the prophecy as stated in the Bible more than the signs do. Where is the promise of His coming? The Earth continues as it has throughout history. So was it in the days of Noah, especially when his preaching kept going on and on, for 120 years. Look at that, even then there were only him and his family saved and thier wives. However this time, millions and millions will believe and be saved. Enoch is the floods version of the Rapture. He was so righteous that God took him right up into Heaven way before the flood. I do know this that many at this site are very wise and I pray that all of you come to know and believe on Jesus Christ All of your postings at ATS believe or not are all tied in with the coming anti-christ, the new world order, and eliminting Christianity.

Zip

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
to the above two post ......ugm84 and ixra........
the one big problem i see with the 2nd coming and the antichrist thing is the 3rd building of the jewish temple........right now as we speak there is a moske (spelling) ..n islamic temple on the very spot it needs to be built in order for the prophesie to be fufilled.......i dont see this moske(spelling) going anywhere...there is no way the nation of islam will let this happen...israel would have to do something completely insane to get control of it and would probably lose face infront of the world by doing so....

it is actually common knowledge about the christian nazi thing......hitler talks about it in his book......yes i read both his books and a biography on him.....it was very interesting and showed alot of insight into him and the nazi political view....oh yea it also shows he was f'n nuts from the get go!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321

The point here is, people who think Bush is a Christian will start blaming genuine Christians for the problems here in America-

I think everyone except christians already know they(christians) are the problem here in America. The religion is old and outdated. Only the simple minded truly believe any of it any more . We all know that the world is round and that the universe is big now....
Sure its teachings can be good but they can also be very bad. Here is a good source. www.evilbible.com...

There is nothing new under the sun. if you think that the "new age" religions are hip and now, you'd be wrong. If you think being agnostic or an atheist is new, wrong again. If you think, worshipping nature is new, wrong again. boy your batting a thousand. One of the youngest major ones is Islam. And look where that is getting us. Anyone for a suicide bombing? This is a violent non-tolerant religion in the extreme. So tell us o'seer, what would you have of us if not Christianity?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
to the above two post ......ugm84 and ixra........
the one big problem i see with the 2nd coming and the antichrist thing is the 3rd building of the jewish temple........right now as we speak there is a moske (spelling) ..n islamic temple on the very spot it needs to be built in order for the prophesie to be fufilled.......i dont see this moske(spelling) going anywhere...there is no way the nation of islam will let this happen...israel would have to do something completely insane to get control of it and would probably lose face infront of the world by doing so....

it is actually common knowledge about the christian nazi thing......hitler talks about it in his book......yes i read both his books and a biography on him.....it was very interesting and showed alot of insight into him and the nazi political view....oh yea it also shows he was f'n nuts from the get go!!!!!

There is another option and has a following in Israel. It says that Solomans temple was built in an area the is part of an unused area of the mount. Al aqsa mosque and the dome CAN co-exist if this blueprint is used. On a side not the members of the preisthood have conveinced and are talking about building the temple. this has not been happening before due to the fact they do not have a red bull (without spot) and the utensils or cornerstone (all of which they have now and it has been verified by the Rabbinical counsel, as per Arutz seven and Jpost. So Third Temple here we come...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Challenge for you: Name ONE Bible-believing Christian that's in our government.

Not pseudo-Christian (such as Bush). A true Christian.

I can only go on what people claim to be and many in our government claim to be Christians. They say they go to church, believe in the bible and follow God's word. Why should I believe any differently, becaue you say? It's not in my abilities to examine and judge their true relationship with God or what they believe. I'll leave that up to you.

But I do know from reading your posts, that if you were in our government (and I assume you're claiming to be one of these special 'true' Christians), I would be just as upset about it. So if you are saying that you're one of these special sect of "Bible-believing Christians", then my position stands.

Your belief that you have the right (and obligation) to legislate morals because of Christian beliefs is what I'm complaining about. I do appreciate your loyalty to the Constitution, but there are so many other of your beliefs, especially that would force people to behave as YOUR morals dictate, that I wouldn't want you in government either.

So, if your point is that a government full of your special type of Christian would be any better than what we have, I would have to strongly disagree. Religion has no place in government, regardless of how 'true' it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
I said this to say that most, not all, Christians are only concerned with your eternal resting place, not trying to drum up cash for the coffers.

And I say that I don't care what the motivation is. Whether it's cash, concern or quotas makes no difference to me. I will take care of my life and my 'eternal resting place', if there is such a thing. I have a working, discerning mind, heart and soul and I can decide what path I want to follow.

How would you like it if someone was constantly telling you that your beliefs are all wrong and you're going to go to hell for believing in God and the bible and all that stuff? If you'll just come and join my group, you'll have a wonderful life after you die, but what you're believing is a ruse! It's not God telling you these things, it's Satan! I know! Trust me! Come to my group!

Gets kind of old, doesnt it?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
heretic makes a good point, we all have the ability to reason, and shouldn't this be enough for us to see what is right for us?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.ohhla.com...

www.ohhla.com...

www.ohhla.com...

Do you want me to cut myself or do you want to let me go outside and feel the air on my face?

I've made my choice, send me to Guantanamo Bay, because not seeing my friends is worse to me..

Maybe I'll burn in hell forever, but I might as well be there right now, cos I have people trying to label me with questions and answers like this is a game of FAQ.

Just leave me alone + you'll give me everything I want.

Stop asking, all you get is answers.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
how is that relavent to anything about christians being persecuted? its just free speech...

how often has the majority been persecuted?
where is the evidence of this persecution?

why would chewbacca live on endor with a bunch of ewoks?
why am i talking about chewbacca?
THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
Stop asking, all you get is answers.

Golly, I'm sure you have a real interesting point. If you feel like sharing it with us, some of us might even learn something from it. Or you can be cryptic and I'll just keep wondering...

Maybe it's just me, I don't always catch on real quick-like,

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ONEGODJESUS.........
i understand the jewish have no problem sharing the mount with the islamics, but do the islamics mind sharing the mount with the jewish?...
i believe that one of the true purposes of the moske on the mount is to stop the jewish from building the 3rd temple so that there prophesies will not come true......this is just my opinion though.....

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
interesting idea but I just can't see G-d as being in the real estate business...now, I don't put a lot of faith in one man's interpretation of another man's prophecies of their beliefs regarding the intentions of G-d.

I hold with the opinion that whatever was "prophecied" in The Revelation of John has already come to pass if it was ever going to but, I really don't put a lot of stock in the idea that those writings were truly prophetic to begin with. That's not an opinion based on theology as much as history. Examining the circumstances of the both the author and the history of his time, well, it's just as likely that none of that was ever really supposed to have been read by people even 50 years later.

Anyway, all that rambling was just to say that if there were anything at all to this rebuilding of the Temple thing, I just can't imagine that G-d would care where it was built.

Still, it's interesting to think about.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Al Davison]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
my opinion is that if God really wanted it built, or didn't want it built, well, he could get it done without some followers blowing up the mosque.....(according to some, there's plans to do this), or if the prophecy wasn't within God's plans, he wouldn't need his followers to barracade the gate that Jesus was suspose to enter into Jerusalem in to prevent it from happening....(like the Jews have done).... and he certainly don't need all the meddling the the western world has done to bring the prophecy to fullfillment.

and yet, all three faiths seem to want to organize the world according to their belief system and expect us all to accept the whole thing on faith.....

peace on earth would probably come to earth a heck of alot faster if they just had the same enough of faith in their God that they expect the rest of us to have and leave it up to him to do what he wants done instead of all this manipulating bs!

[edit on 15-12-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You have voted dawnstar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

you always do seem to cut to the chase - I like that!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It is my theory that the people who are going to be killed by the antimessiah will not be the bible thumping " im getting raptured" the antichrist is around the corner
christians you see posting here today instead they will be the persecutors

Sounds strange??

I believe that christians are 90% wrong in interpreting prophecy. If christians claim to have a close relationship with God then they should be more accurate. the holy spirit shouldn't give one guy this idea and another a completely opposite idea.
You can come up with alot of ideas thinking outside the box and and an eye to scritpure.

The mark of the beast is not a microchip. Although everybody will be microchipped this will not be the dusie that draws you into hell.Most likely that the chip will be placed in your forearm.
How do i figure ??
Becuase in revelation says he causes them to recieve a mark in thier hands or forehead.the action cause is removed from removed from the actual mark itself. its like your mom feeds you rotten meat and then you get sick. Your mother didn't actually give you the tommy aches but fed you the meat that caused you to get sick. So you aren't actually going to recieve the mark at the moment the beast initiates action that causes you to get the mark.

If we failed to predict the formation of israel before the event happened then how will we be able to determine future events? I know there were one or two theologians in the 1600's that said that israel would reform but what about the rest of them before 1948?

I must add that much of this is not my information.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
how is that relavent to anything about christians being persecuted? its just free speech...

One Mic.

Not exactly relevant - but sometimes Scrooge just wants to say 'Baaaah Humbug.'

Charles Dickens summed it up pretty well.

At least I thought he did, time will tell.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Cutting Edge Article

As a Bible believer, I know that there is coming a time when Christians here in America will be persecuted. Things are falling into place. I'd be looking for the Tribulation to possibly start up within the next few years or so. And I don't think there will be a pre-Trib rapture (see Matthew chapter 24).

I have some serious concerns about President Bush's decisions on alot of stuff. I couldn't tell you if he's really saved or not.

Also Matthew 24:22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Colassians 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Who are the elect, those in Christ. What happens for the elect according to Matthew, the days are shortened.

They are shortened because we are removed from the earth at the rapture.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join