It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If McDonalds delivered ...would you order in?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have always wondered why fast-food chains like McDonalds, Burger King , Harveys and such don't deliver. I mean I know that certain days and specific times they generate huge revenues on a regular basis, plus their average sales anually are over the top, but I wonder how much more their sales would increase and which franchise would pull in the most. Just curious if anyone knows a good reason why they don't, not that I want to bring more fast food to the table but sometimes a sloppy good Big Mac and large salty fries does taste good, would taste better if I didn't have to drive to get them. Not that I'm a big ole fan of Mc'Ds, but I would think that they would beat out the other burger joints( our children subtley rule the world:hail
when it comes to these important decisions. lol.

Anyone else ever wonder why they don't?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
could you imagine how many delivery people and how much the food would cost to cover the added salaries. It's be crazy. I know blimpies out here delivers now. I think there might be a subway that does as well not sure on that one though

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Its funny you say that Silentlonewolf, that's originally what I thought, that they would be so screamin busy that they couldn't keep up. But surely they could have stores that do strictly delivery and no counter service. They have pizza delivery outlets like that . I wouldn't want to be working on the order desk for McDonalds though, I'd probably never use a telephone again after that

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
we don't eat at Mickey D's.

Wife says she'd order in from Chic-fil-a or A local mexican place, though.

As a footnote, I used to go to one of the largest cattle auctions on the southern plains. A scale so large they'd run 100 head on at a time, and average the weight.

The McDonald's buyer was always there, buying every cancer-eyed, hobbling mangy steer that the sorter wouldn't even put on the scales with the rest of the herd.

No one would even sit next to that dude. He was a pariah. (unless you had to unload a couple of downers. Even then you wouldn't shake hands with him.)

[edit on 16-11-2005 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
McDonald's does deliver, at least here in New York City.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
McDonald's does deliver, at least here in New York City.

*moves to New York*

right now I could go a large fries with the Chicken Sauce...that about all I buy from maccas, I would prefer if hungry jacks delivered.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Some fast food restaurants delver depending on your location.

For example if you lived in a college dorm the Arby's down the street might delver to you. These are usually exclusive delivery systems.
In places where the population density is very high (like djohnsto77 said in New York) Then the restaurant can easily delver and keep costs down.

Some places even set up deals with schools. I know in Edmonton there is a Taco Time that has made an arrangement with a school close by. They send the school menus on Monday and the students pick what they want. Then they eat their order on Tuesday.

Franchisees will try and make money anyway they can. If they can deliver and still make a profit from it they will do it.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
if I rang up the local maccas and asked them to deliver they would hang up on me - I know some resturaunt thing like places in Aussie land that deliver, but up here where I live we get pizza and some Asian thats all.

we don't even have a Krispy Kreams here

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What a Krispy Kremes?

*sigh I am old

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
What a Krispy Kremes?

It's a doughnut shop. Quite tasty too!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
I have always wondered why fast-food chains like McDonalds, Burger King , Harveys and such don't deliver. I mean I know that certain days and specific times they generate huge revenues on a regular basis, plus their average sales anually are over the top, but I wonder how much more their sales would increase and which franchise would pull in the most. Just curious if anyone knows a good reason why they don't, not that I want to bring more fast food to the table but sometimes a sloppy good Big Mac and large salty fries does taste good, would taste better if I didn't have to drive to get them. Not that I'm a big ole fan of Mc'Ds, but I would think that they would beat out the other burger joints( our children subtley rule the world:hail
when it comes to these important decisions. lol.

Anyone else ever wonder why they don't?

Actually in New York they do deliver. At least Mickeydies does. (McDonalds)

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
we had Krisp Kreme's air-freighted to us from Sydney once lol
mm mmmmm I have a voucher for a sampler and no freakin Krispy Kreme here in Melbourne *sigh*

Mayet, don't EVER eat one ... U won't stop, trust me we are better off without them here
lmao

Most addictive thing I've ever put in my mouth

But I recall when Mickey Dies (lol CT U killed me with that one
) did deliver in downtown Melbourne, but only in that area. It didn't last long though. There's a Mikki Dees on almost every corner there anyways
lol

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Good God, my city's already one of the fattest, if those places started delivering there would be an obesity pandemic. People would be beaching themselves in their own living rooms.

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary. Good idea for a thread.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
In my city both McDondalds and Burger King deliver, they don't have a very wide range, but they do. I never wander about it, it seems pretty normal, I didn't know they don't do it everywhere...

Anyways, I never eat there nor call for delivery. I cook and eat my own crap...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In Calgary Alberta Canada, there is a service that will deliver McDonalds, Subway, whatever you want. It blew my mind, and it is so wrong!!

Hopefully you can order a doctor to do the triple bypass soon too!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow, would be better then making Easy Mac everyday, cheaper to. Mmmm, Easy Mac, gonna go and make breakfast.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Krisy Kreme =

Now if you love doughnuts you will love Spudnuts. Not to many around these days but back in the late 40's they were all over the US. Now you can find some in the Ohio Valley, Virginia, WI, not sure about NY and several on the west coast in WA and CA

Store Fronts may vary since they are no longer a franchise however several of the original ones are still around under the same name.
They are made with potatoes and yum yum is not good enough when it comes to Spudnuts, they are too die for.

Mickey Ds, Subway, Cousins, Hardies Burger King etc., in our area will all deliver if the order is big enough, they would be a fool not too.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Mickey D's delivers but I think there's a twenty dollar minimum. that's a lot of fat.

Also, in NYC, there's a McDonalds on almost every corner so ordering in your fat would really not be saving you much of a trip.

The only thing you would avoid by not going is the petting zoos. I have been in maybe 5 mcdonalds in the last year, always for a drink and I always see at least one rat. Saw three at the last one.

nasty places. nasty food.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have an idea of why they Mc Donalds doesn't deliver.. I use to work in an answering service which had a taxi line, we were allowed to have deleveries of food to us when we were working our shifts. The office is about a 10 min drive away from Mc Donalds and almost garenteed every time the fries were cold by the time I got them if I even did because the driver was snacking on them.. as for the big mac, mc chicken.. they were still warm.

Also I think that they would be overwhelmed with the delevery orders if they even tried it.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeSuisAKittyCat
I have an idea of why they Mc Donalds doesn't deliver...

read a post or two. they do deliver

top topics

<<   2 >>

join