It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Meier called the New Nostradamus!?!?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I have just returned from the 15th Annual International UFO Congress Convention & Film Festival, in Laughlin, Nevada, where lead investigator Wendelle Stevens, Christian Frehner (FIGU representative from Switzerland) and I just presented the "Meier Case Update – 2006".
I am delighted to tell you that a new, four-hour, double-DVD set of this presentation has just been completed and is now ready for release – at a special price to my list members – and it’s a perfect companion to "The Meier Contacts" DVD.

Some of the highlights of this comprehensive new presentation include:
• The actual number of "alien abductions" and genuine extraterrestrial contacts according to the Plejaren

Umm, geesh. What have I been telling all these years? That Meier and his contacts want to be the authority of ufology related matters? Maybe I'm wrong but when it comes to official presentations and lectures Meier's claims are simply copied and spoken out like the gospel by supposedly objective researchers. (Wendelle Stevens not included.)

"The actual number of "alien abductions" and genuine extraterrestrial contacts according to the Plejaren."

Watch closely because this sentence sums it up. Meier and his alleged contacts have a point of view about the rest of ufological related matters which in essence is purely speculative but it's forwarded as the truth. Alien abductions aren't that abundant. There are just a few according to Meier and the abductions themselves are not that bad, he calls them "examination contacts" since the subjects are medically examined and returned. That psychological damage is done is not so much of an issue in the Meier material. Maybe 'abductions' or 'examination contacts' aren't that bad even when they are against your free will?
"Genuine extraterrestrial contacts" is another point high on the agenda of the Meier case. When you investigate this aspect you'll find that many of the so-called contactees who've reached publicity in the past (and present) are labeled as frauds, eventhough some of them had photographs, films and eyewitnesses (family&friends) to back up their claims. Just like Meier has, but that doesn't seem to give the impression in some people that Meier is a debunker himself who insists on viewing aspects of his case objectively but not in other cases that have the same elements. Meier comes up with speculative debunking arguments that other 'contactees' faked their pictures using models and even outlandish claims that the some used 'suggestive powers' or 'hypnosis' to let others see things that weren't there. Sadly this doesn't help some people one bit who are more then ready take Meier's word for it and that of his contacts.

Watch out for Meier and his 'new religion' which depends mostly on 'ufo believers'. From my perspective it's not so much a point of being the source of truth but becoming the source of truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Umm, geesh. What have I been telling all these years? That Meier and his contacts want to be the authority of ufology related matters? Maybe I'm wrong but when it comes to official presentations and lectures Meier's claims are simply copied and spoken out like the gospel by supposedly objective researchers. (Wendelle Stevens not included.)

If Meier does keep advanced E.T. contacts that have told him the truth about these matters, don't you think it would be natural for him to be honest about it even if it upsets others?

"The actual number of "alien abductions" and genuine extraterrestrial contacts according to the Plejaren."

Watch closely because this sentence sums it up. Meier and his alleged contacts have a point of view about the rest of ufological related matters which in essence is purely speculative but it's forwarded as the truth. Alien abductions aren't that abundant. There are just a few according to Meier and the abductions themselves are not that bad, he calls them "examination contacts" since the subjects are medically examined and returned. That psychological damage is done is not so much of an issue in the Meier material. Maybe 'abductions' or 'examination contacts' aren't that bad even when they are against your free will?

According to Meier there have been some not so nice E.T.'s abduct humans, but he likes to emphasise that these matters are often overplayed.

"Genuine extraterrestrial contacts" is another point high on the agenda of the Meier case. When you investigate this aspect you'll find that many of the so-called contactees who've reached publicity in the past (and present) are labeled as frauds, eventhough some of them had photographs, films and eyewitnesses (family&friends) to back up their claims. Just like Meier has, but that doesn't seem to give the impression in some people that Meier is a debunker himself who insists on viewing aspects of his case objectively but not in other cases that have the same elements. Meier comes up with speculative debunking arguments that other 'contactees' faked their pictures using models and even outlandish claims that the some used 'suggestive powers' or 'hypnosis' to let others see things that weren't there. Sadly this doesn't help some people one bit who are more then ready take Meier's word for it and that of his contacts.

If Meier does keep advanced E.T. contacts that have told him the truth about these matters, don't you think it would be natural for him to be honest about it even if it upsets others?

Watch out for Meier and his 'new religion' which depends mostly on 'ufo believers'. From my perspective it's not so much a point of being the source of truth but becoming the source of truth.

Meier and the FIGU have never asked anyone to believe in whatever they say. They just want people to pay more attention and investigate more deeply.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstone

The emphasis is on "if", big time. The thing is, I don't think they tell the truth. In fact in one contact note (26) they, by their own admission, say that when it comes to ufological matters they told only half the truth and that was only half explained. That's not the truth, that's a poor extraction of it. With that in mind your notion that Meier is honest about it also becomes void since he hasn't retracted many accusations with the exception when it was needed to save face. Apparently the Meier case 'elbows' its way up over the backs off others who made his job a little easier.

According to Meier there have been some not so nice E.T.'s abduct humans, but he likes to emphasise that these matters are often overplayed.

Really? You should look up his words because Meier not only downplays the extent of the abductions but the criminal act itself as well. He calls them "examination contacts" and leaves out the fact that people are taken against their will. Not a word on that! Not a word on the psychological trauma that is done. Look up his words before pretending you know what you're talking about.

Here's another option which seems to have escaped your attention. Meier could have lied and his contacts (who only deal with him) could have lied. Maybe Meier doesn't have such advanced E.T. contacts. Ever thought of that?

Meier and the FIGU have never asked anyone to believe in whatever they say. They just want people to pay more attention and investigate more deeply.

This is dualistic. I know, they say that people are free to accept it or not. But on the other hand lets not forget that Meier makes far reaching claims concerning religion. (He supposedly is the reincarnated spirit of many biblical prophets, the same reincarnated spirit that we mistakenly call Jesus Christ, and Mohammed. He also discovered the original bible but it got lost.) Dare I say that that is a belief system? Since the case is interlocked with ufology, dare I say that the target group are the UFO believers with various religious backgrounds? Dare I say that promoting these aspects of the case at lectures and other presentations is reminiscent of the work of the apostles? Dare I say that the case is trying to create a following? A following that buys every word Meier and contacts utters?

You're right. Pay more attention and investigate.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Jeff,

I see you've been invited back to liven up the PAR forum! Should I say congratulations? or watch out for the bait? or how come they want you and not TerraX and me?! W-h-a-a-h!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ah, you know me, I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm also an artist, so I'm on my own friggin clock.

The spin doctor loves to think he's making someone dance, I like telling him the band stopped playing years ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogelfire
Jeff,
I see you've been invited back to liven up the PAR forum! Should I say congratulations? or watch out for the bait? or how come they want you and not TerraX and me?! W-h-a-a-h!

Have you seent the latest in "the world according to Horn show"? We are such poor skeptics but we serve a purpose in promoting the case. Maybe if I had any respect for the man I would be offended but nowdays I see him as a windbag cult lieutenant who couldn't look at matters objectively even if he tried. When the Meier case recruites and breeds people of this caliber then I surmise that our criticisements are justified and well deserved.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by TerraX]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX

Originally posted by solarstone

The emphasis is on "if", big time. The thing is, I don't think they tell the truth. In fact in one contact note (26) they, by their own admission, say that when it comes to ufological matters they told only half the truth and that was only half explained. That's not the truth, that's a poor extraction of it. With that in mind your notion that Meier is honest about it also becomes void since he hasn't retracted many accusations with the exception when it was needed to save face. Apparently the Meier case 'elbows' its way up over the backs off others who made his job a little easier.

And the real key word here is? You think?

Meier has said he and the Plejarens will not tell humans everything if they think we will act irresponsibly with that knowledge.

What information has he retracted to save face? The photos of the girls? That's been explained. I personally don't know if it's truth or not, and it's likely neither do you.

And of course some people are going to help the FIGU out when closed minded individuals attack them with little reason.

Really? You should look up his words because Meier not only downplays the extent of the abductions but the criminal act itself as well. He calls them "examination contacts" and leaves out the fact that people are taken against their will. Not a word on that! Not a word on the psychological trauma that is done. Look up his words before pretending you know what you're talking about.

On his FIRST contact with Semjase, the female E.T. states:
www.figu.org...

33.There are also different life forms that have acquired much knowledge and have freed themselves from their environment. They travel through space and occasionally come to Earth.

34. Many of them are rather unpleasant creatures and live in a type of barbarism that frequently is nearly as bad as the terrestrials'.

35. You should be aware of them because they often attack and destroy everything that gets in their way.

36. Many times they have even destroyed whole planets or forced their inhabitants into bondage.

37. It is one of our missions to warn the people on Earth of these creatures.

38. Let this be known to the Earth people because the time is approaching when a conflict with these degenerate human creatures becomes unavoidable.

Please look up their words yourself before pretending to know what your talking about.

Here's another option which seems to have escaped your attention. Meier could have lied and his contacts (who only deal with him) could have lied. Maybe Meier doesn't have such advanced E.T. contacts. Ever thought of that?

It appears my question has escaped your attention. Maybe because your answer shoud have read "YES"?
The question you then asked never escaped my attention.
Are you a psychic? No? Then stop trying to pretend to read my mind and assume i'm someone shut off to other possibilities.

This is dualistic. I know, they say that people are free to accept it or not. But on the other hand lets not forget that Meier makes far reaching claims concerning religion. (He supposedly is the reincarnated spirit of many biblical prophets, the same reincarnated spirit that we mistakenly call Jesus Christ, and Mohammed. He also discovered the original bible but it got lost.) Dare I say that that is a belief system? Since the case is interlocked with ufology, dare I say that the target group are the UFO believers with various religious backgrounds? Dare I say that promoting these aspects of the case at lectures and other presentations is reminiscent of the work of the apostles? Dare I say that the case is trying to create a following? A following that buys every word Meier and contacts utters?

Again if someone knows an experience to be truth you say they should not make their "far reaching" claims known to the world?

And no I would not say they have created a belief system. Individuals can make it their belief system but that does not mean the FIGU is responsible for their irresponsibility particularly when thay have said many times how stupid it would be to use FIGU's info in that way.

I feel the target audience are not to be "believers" but simply those interested in these issues. Of course they woud like to creating a following of intelligent people, and I don't feel they're invading peoples lives the way you seem to believe or in a manner compareable to todays religions

You're right. Pay more attention and investigate.

Yes I know.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just taking a brief peek at the Horn site, why is it that the "video proof" offered is some highly-edited, low-grade dupe from a FOX TV show? I would hope for a slightly better version, perhaps a decent definition transfer from the original footage.

I mean, unless it's like the original Bible and Meier lost it, too. Oops!

"Now where did I put that original Bible? Last time I saw it, it was over by the authentic Atlantis map, next to the Great Pyramid capstone. Maybe I left it in my other pants, with the alien laser gun."

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

But the point was made that anyone with a camera and knowledge of forced perspective (or at least playing around with it) can make these shots, same as Meier.

Yeah, but did you do it with one hand tied behind your back?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

But the point was made that anyone with a camera and knowledge of forced perspective (or at least playing around with it) can make these shots, same as Meier.

Yeah, but did you do it with one hand tied behind your back?

Yup, a fishing pole, string and a camera. Not tied behind my back, but with a mitten on one hand rendering it useless for anything to do with making the shots.

But, note that in many videos of Meier, he's seen attaching his camera to his tripod, among many other tasks. He might not have the use of his one hand, but like anyone who's lost use of a limb, they find a way to make do.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Just taking a brief peek at the Horn site, why is it that the "video proof" offered is some highly-edited, low-grade dupe from a FOX TV show? I would hope for a slightly better version, perhaps a decent definition transfer from the original footage.

I mean, unless it's like the original Bible and Meier lost it, too. Oops!

"Now where did I put that original Bible? Last time I saw it, it was over by the authentic Atlantis map, next to the Great Pyramid capstone. Maybe I left it in my other pants, with the alien laser gun."

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Enkidu]

You'd think it'd be *the* source for great Meier resolution footage and stills, but all that footage is alledgedly "lost".

BBC

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why in the world is there a big topic on this guy?

This is the dumbest thing I have ever come across. Down to his completely ridiculous photos that are laughable. His little toy laser gun, toy cars, toy ufos and more. Wasn't this the same guy who I read his wife claimed he was fraud, a model or actress was in the photo and not to mention some reporter who saw his little toy UFOs. That cake UFO is embarassing.

This is the worst case of FRAUD and human stupidity I have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Pssst BBC......over here.
*whispers* No common sense allowed here.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You'd think it'd be *the* source for great Meier resolution footage and stills, but all that footage is alledgedly "lost".

Has anyone checked with the Swiss MIB? They seem to have all of Meier's best stuff for some reason...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It took sheer will and determination to locate Jeff's poster creation, "The Amazing Michael Horn." Check it out here Scroll down a bit. Trust me, you can't miss

Oh that is classic stuff Jeff....bravo!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Has anyone checked with the Swiss MIB? They seem to have all of Meier's best stuff for some reason

Maybe they can get Don Knots to play the lead in the movie.
Shakiest .22 cal. in Switzerland.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Jeff and TerraX

The Fortean Times forum "Billy Meier's photos: some clarification" has just reactivated. I posted information about the UFO Conference DVD there, and copied this press release of Michael Horn's that Emperor posted. Jeff, I'm sure you will recognize the "notoriety" you have been given

Overlooked Photo Reveals Swiss UFO-Contact Case Genuine

Many of Billy Meier’s other UFO photographs have also been found incapable of being hoaxed using only methods available 25-30 years ago.

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 14, 2006 -- Since the mid-1970s, UFO investigators worldwide have been bewildered by the many hundreds of clear daytime UFO photos and the movie films taken by the Swiss contactee, Eduard “Billy” Meier. Many rejected Meier’s abundant photographic (and other hard physical) evidence as being too good to be true.

Heavy debunking of the case ensued, despite all the evidence from the primary investigators from 1975-1986, and authentication by various scientists and experts, that the case could be no hoax. But the photo* from which the image on the right was recently cropped went largely overlooked. Meier took it, along with many other shots, in the hills of Switzerland some 15 miles southeast of Zurich, in 1981, long before personal computers and photo-manipulation software were readily available.

Regarding the tree in front of the craft’s right side, Professor Emeritus D. A. Brodie of the College of Forestry, Oregon State University, said: "The tree is one of the European true firs -- Abies species. The picture has only a portion of the top of the crown, 10 to 15 feet. There could be anywhere from 10 to 50 feet of tree bole below the picture."

The extent of the tree above the UFO is estimated by Professor E. C. Jensen, College of Forestry, Oregon State University, to be between 6-10 ft. This yields a UFO diameter of from 9 to 15 ft., ruling out a model UFO, a possibility that must always be considered.

A recent attempt by a professional model maker/photographer to duplicate Meier’s photos (and daytime video) of this UFO (commonly referred to as the “Wedding Cake” UFO) has failed, as have past efforts by a variety of skeptics dating back to at least 2001. While there are six categories of physical evidence in the case that are referred to as “still irreproducible,” there is a voluminous amount of prophetically accurate, published information also to be reckoned with in the case, as well as some 88 eyewitnesses (and five other photographers) who can affirm that Meier is a genuine UFO contactee.

To learn more about the Meier case – its other evidence, witnesses to Meier’s contacts, and the documentation of the prophetic information, as well as linking to Meier-case debunking web sites and articles that refute them, see: www.tjresearch.info...

For more information, contact:

Michael Horn
Authorized American Media Representative
The Billy Meier Contacts

Jim Deardorff
Research Professor Emeritus
Oregon State University

*From Meier’s photo #850
© 1981 Genesis III / F.I.G.U.
Image enhanced in contrast.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We all know what kinda tree it is and the genus and speci cause Mike and Jim have hammered it over our heads. What they fail to mention is the fact that the tree 'wandered' off and was never to be seen again.

Who cares whether it's an indigenous flora if it can't be proved to exist?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Have you seent the latest in "the world according to Horn show"? We are such poor skeptics but we serve a purpose in promoting the case. Maybe if I had any respect for the man I would be offended but nowdays I see him as a windbag cult lieutenant who couldn't look at matters objectively even if he tried. When the Meier case recruites and breeds people of this caliber then I surmise that our criticisements are justified and well deserved.

TerraX, I assume you are referring to Michael's recent PAR posts. If so, let's not forget that "skeptics are unable to think deeply and comprehensively or look at the Meier case in its entirety." Ummm...isn't it precisely because some of us think deeply and comprehensively and look at the case in its entirety that is cause for the skepticism?

As I've stated many times, I am able to fiercely defend certain aspects of the case, but when I look at the case as a whole, I have to consider all of the claims of the case (e.g. Billy is the reincarnation of the man commonly known as Jesus) as well as newly arisen claims (e.g. Billy can type 1200 WPM with one finger and he plays chess with the Plejarens), and I am frankly unable to swallow all this stuff hook, line and sinker. Some of these claims are the gift that just keeps giving, and just when I think they can't get any wilder . . . what do you suppose will come next?

Poor Michael. He sounds so sensitive! He thinks I've promoted the new DVD with the real intention of ridiculing and belittling him? And this is coming from the master himself of ridicule and belittlement!?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBC
Why in the world is there a big topic on this guy?

This is the dumbest thing I have ever come across. Down to his completely ridiculous photos that are laughable. His little toy laser gun, toy cars, toy ufos and more. Wasn't this the same guy who I read his wife claimed he was fraud, a model or actress was in the photo and not to mention some reporter who saw his little toy UFOs. That cake UFO is embarassing.

This is the worst case of FRAUD and human stupidity I have ever seen.

Grow up.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join