It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans second Satelite to be built with China.

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think working with the chinese is more better for us, This one would be different than Sina-1 and it can be compared to mesbah satelite that is going to be launched by Russia soon, it could be a new one or mesbah with some upgrades who knows....

Source

[edit on 16-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
NR, I didn't get a chance to post back on the Sina launch. But Aviation Week magazine said that Soviet rocket did launch both the Mesbah and the Sina-1. And the Aviation Week magazine is usually correct.

That means that Iran has both a geographical type imaging satellite and a reconnaissance type imaging satellite currently in orbit. I don't know anything yet about an upcoming Chinese launch.

I did find this article about a multi-national launch with China:
www.china.org.cn...
and this one about a future launch in Iran:
www.spacetoday.org...

And that last article says Iraq launched a satellite on December 5, 1989. I did not know that.

Most of the articles about the Soviet launch of the Sina and Mesbah were very confusing, about what was actually sent up into space. And even the Moscow Times, had the wrong picture of the launch rocket for that one. They showed that same photo of that Soviet launched American cable satellite.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Soviet launches? Now?

You do know that the USSR collapsed in 1991?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Us old timers still call them "Soviets". Not much different than saying "Russian", when the launch site is probably in the Ukraine anyway. I wouldn't say the Ukrainians launched it.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZPE StarPilot
Us old timers still call them "Soviets". Not much different than saying "Russian", when the launch site is probably in the Ukraine anyway. I wouldn't say the Ukrainians launched it.

I know, was only pulling you leg

Do they have a Ukrainian site then as well? I knew they had one in Khazakstan.

NR

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

NR, I didn't get a chance to post back on the Sina launch. But Aviation Week magazine said that Soviet rocket did launch both the Mesbah and the Sina-1. And the Aviation Week magazine is usually correct.

That means that Iran has both a geographical type imaging satellite and a reconnaissance type imaging satellite currently in orbit. I don't know anything yet about an upcoming Chinese launch.

Man did you look in the wrong info, only Sina-1 was launched and I dont think Aviatian week was right this time, as the picture below you can see the rocket carrying couple of the satelites with it, Mesbah is yet to be launched with Russia soon enough and about China it would definatley be a different one. But i'm not sure about Iraq ever having any satelites or signing any contracts with Russia about it, they were just merely a puppet for old soviet union weaponry.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by NR]

[edit on 17-11-2005 by NR]

top topics

join