It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Iraq has abused its last chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
FLASHBACK!!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq.

The president said Iraq's refusal to cooperate with U.N. weapons inspectors presented a threat to the entire world.

"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

Operation Desert Fox, a strong, sustained series of attacks, will be carried out over several days by U.S. and British forces, Clinton said.

"Earlier today I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces," Clinton said.

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

Clinton also stated that, while other countries also had weapons of mass destruction, Hussein is in a different category because he has used such weapons against his own people and against his neighbors.

link

Now tell me what the difference is between our current president and the former. Would the same people talking down about President Bush say the same about Clinton? Did one perhaps not do enough and the other is finishing the job? Did one perhaps not do enough and the other is making sure that we gain some type of control before another 9-11 happens? I would be a fool to say that we are purely in Iraq because of 9-11, but in the same breath you would be a fool to believe that it didn’t have at least something to do with it. What say you?

Sorry I can't get more detailed, its hard to do this at work.

And now Clinton says Iraq invasion was a big mistake

he United States made a "big mistake" when it invaded Iraq, former President Bill Clinton said Wednesday, citing the lack of planning for what would happen after dictator Saddam Hussein was overthrown.

"Saddam is gone. It's a good thing, but I don't agree with what was done, " Clinton told students at the American University of Dubai.

"It was a big mistake. The American government made several errors ... one of which is how easy it would be to get rid of Saddam and how hard it would be to unite the country."

Clinton did however say that the United States had done some good things in Iraq: the removal of Saddam, the ratification of a new constitution, and the holding of parliamentary elections.

link

[edit on 16-11-2005 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There is a very nice thread already dealing with this topic.

This thread has some verygood points being debated.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My bad, thanks for pointing that out. Mods can lock this one.....

join