It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Branson And Virgin Blue To Fly "Green" Fuel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
www.woodgas.com...

ethanol, methanol, biodiesel. They're here in a big way, and they're closer to each of us than most seem to think. With one of these fuels, any one of us can change our crude-derivative consumption quite easily, quite inexpensively, and well within ten years.

The market exists for these technologies to be developed. This could easily be a profit scenario for anyone willing to get into it on almost any level, from R & D to mechanic work.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
oh

www.motherearthnews.com...

this tells about a company that is currently modifying car parts that are corroded by methanol to make them more resistant to such effects. The same could easily be done to modify other engines in this way.

He will do it, because many in the world will stand by him in this and buy his products and services. He's shown himself to be shrewd in the past, taking what others perceived to be useless junk and turning it into a veritable goldmine. It's going to be no different here.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Right. Take a look at your sources...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4V4T4R
oh

www.motherearthnews.com...

this tells about a company that is currently modifying car parts that are corroded by methanol to make them more resistant to such effects. The same could easily be done to modify other engines in this way.

Hmm that article was dated over 24 years ago if it could have been done it would have been done by now.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I hate to be cynical, but I tend to be that, by nature... I am looking at all the informed opinions here that are naysaying what Branson is doing. I have to wonder how many of you are as rich as he is?

Reason I ask this is that he has gotten where he is by being the chance taker and doer. I say, "Let the boy Rock and Roll'!

He CAN NOT do any worse than the folks who are "sitting" around saying he can't do it.

But I'm a little like the fellow in Alice In Wonderland. I try to believe in something that is pretty much unbelievable, every day.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Embraer already sells an ethanol powered prop plane, so it's an idea not entirely without merit. It will take someone as crazy as Branson to force a shift in a new direction, most other companies are too conservative to take the risk.

www.embraer.com...

www.greencarcongress.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This guys gonna get shot by BIg Oil for sure...hope not.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by R988
Embraer already sells an ethanol powered prop plane, so it's an idea not entirely without merit. It will take someone as crazy as Branson to force a shift in a new direction, most other companies are too conservative to take the risk.

Yes I think you will see a lot more jump on the bad wagon after Branson breaks ground. Theey are just waiting for someone like hi to stick his neck out so they can shadow him.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
There are numerous factors here that could result in such prices. For one, most European nations jack up the prices of their oil in the first place. Not sure what the case specifically here is.

Virgin Atlantic Airways, usually referred to as Virgin Atlantic, is the airline of Richard Branson's Virgin Group, operating long-haul routes between London and North America, the Caribbean, Africa, Asia and Australia. Its main base is London Heathrow (LHR), with a hub at London Gatwick (LGW).

Most of Virgin's planes are fueled in the European Union, where there is a large hike on fuel tax compaired to the United States. However the sources Mayet displayed has it cheaper in both the E.U. and U.S. so it is a win, win, situation in the long run.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I dont understand what's so hard to believe about this? All they would have to do is figure out how to make an aircraft friendly diesel engine. Noone understands that rudolf diesel invented the diesel engine to run on plant based fuels, Heck my dads dodge is fueled by french fry grease.

As far as this cats concerned, I think it's highly likely that he'll be able to. Think about it, not too long ago, noone thought space travel was possible, now not only does NASA launch close to everyday, but this guy has managed to purvey resources to sell his own space flights for $200, 000. And yes I do have to agree, the only thing that seems silly to me are all the people sitting around saying it is silly for him to try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join