It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

australia has some major places

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brett
Theres Shoalwater Bay here in Central QLD, i dont know if theres a dedicated base there but they do alot of training/exercises there.
Ive heard of strange lights or aircraft at night out over the sea in that area from fisherman i have worked with.
Cause aswell as blocking of a certain amount land they also block a certain amount of ocean and ive heard stories from professional fishermen who have worked close to these boundaries, talking about close encounters with some weird lights/objects and some fast moving lights/objects.

But fishermen being fishermen you never know how much to believe

I've seen strange lights over the army training area there from the beach at Clairview.

Last week when driving north on the highway past Marlborough we saw one of those big army cargo planes (the really fat ones with propellors instead of jets) flying low heading towards the ranges to the west. It looked like it must have taken off from close by...but i am pretty sure there is no airfield big enough in Marlborough (if there is one at all!). I thought it was just all bush but obviously there is some sort of infrastucture out there. My dad once told me that every time they have exercises out there with the Americans there are always casualties...so whatever they are doing, they must be playing pretty rough.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Also, there is the huge army and airforce bases in Townsville. The airforce base fences have big "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" signs plastered all over them which is kinda bizarre since they share some of their runways with the commercial airport...and its on a main road so its pretty hard to stop people from taking photos.

The army base has a very high mountain range behind it which you can drive up to the top. But all along the road is fenced with signs that say "DANGER: Military Target Area. Do not touch anything. It may explode and kill you." I have a photo of the signs but couldn't figure out how to post it here.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ok, there is some really top secret US (I THINK) base somewhere in the Blue Mountains, NSW. For memory, Rex Gilroy has written about it a little. All kinds of disappearing ships, flying triangles too. Interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I remember when Mark Latham (opposition leader) took a tour of Pine Gap when he was campaigning for the election, he came out as white as a ghost, slightly shaking, pretty much looking like a nervous wreck.

He is usualy pretty friendly with the media but he didnt look at one camera or say a word when he came out and was greeted by them that day.

TPK

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Being in Melbourne, I'm thinking of grabbing my camera and taking a few happy snaps of areas like Fisherman's Bend and RAAF Williams (not Williamstown, it's in Laverton, but near enough). Though there's probably nothing much to see, I'll at least have a look. Has anyone else found anything interesting to photgraph or is it all uninteresting?

Also, Melbourne has quite a few old tunnels underneath it, not just the mystery plugged up tunnel near the Parliament buildings that sanctum mentioned. There was meant to be a tunnel (that one or another one maybe) that let the pollies sneak over to the red light district! There's also a tunnel from Melbourne High School (used as an American base during WWII) that goes, well I don't know where... another under the government district that was used for moving documents (before that, gold) between the treasury and other buildings, complete with a little railway. Used up until the 60s or 70s. Not very mysterious that one, but there is also a whole network of disused services tunnels under the streets in the downtown 'grid' area. Plenty of room for underground oddities here...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Nemo
Ok, there is some really top secret US (I THINK) base somewhere in the Blue Mountains, NSW. For memory, Rex Gilroy has written about it a little. All kinds of disappearing ships, flying triangles too. Interesting stuff.

Hey people,
I was just about to ask if anyone knew more about blue mountain and can you fill me in.
re the base in te blue mountains, i can comfirm it exists from a source within the DSD about 5years ago, he mentioned that it was comm centre but i have heard nothing about it since.

also thing to note... get a world globe, track the centre of the Bermuda Triangle, then flip the globe, and you will find a no fly zone and the signs off a base.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
You are Right that is Quite Interesting

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwunder
You are Right that is Quite Interesting

I was told that aloong time ago on the old site by Simon while discussing things normally talked about on this site who also mentioned the 2 Vic bases.

Re Basses in Victoria, I know of 2 in operation, one is along the coast, and works with the USN subnet incase of satellite failure ( i got this ones existence confirmed a while back) and also one that is built UNDER a power station in the East, the East one is confirmed because I heard of a project that was running, and how the excess power from that project was getting vented along a natural water vein that heads north but I don�t know EXACTLY where they are...

any extra info on these would be good to.

Zipcode

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think the Secret base in the blue mountains that Rex is talking about is RAAF Springwood. It's kind of like a ground based AWACS centre - a Fighter Control Centre. I have heard some pretty freaky stuff about that site from an Aussie RAAF source though, so you never know.

The same source also enlightened me as to a couple of other interesting aspects:

1. While based at Edinburgh in South Australia he was shown RAAF recce imagery of a site in Mongolia. He was told that he was looking at the site of an ancient nuclear war. Green glassy areas were visible.

2. He swore blind that Australia has at least two tactical nukes. These were stored at DSTO Salibury.

3. He reckons there is a massive multi-level underground facility under the new parliament house in Canberra. He saw tender documents.

4. He saw documents which relate to the .gov.au's knowledge that our oil supplies peaked in the 1960s and supplies will be depleted by 2045.

I was told all of this info about 7 years ago. I didn't believe him then and I'm not sure if I believe him now.

It's all conjecture until I see it with my own eyes.

NSA

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
In WA, Exmouth TX was a major site, involved in a test program of Electro Magnetic weaponary, supposedly this Exmouth Tx site is transmitting VLF or ELF radio messages to submarines. However, eyewitness descriptions of the underground wooden frame and giant coil is a dead giveaway. It perfectly describes major elements of Tesla's Wardenclyffe, Long Island, Magnifying Energy Transmitter - and his earlier Colorado Springs research versions. The wooden construction is required to handle very high voltages and very high frequencies (possibly as high as microwave-band frequencies) by containing the induced coil electrostatic wave from discharge. It is not needed to handle very low frequencies (VLF) or extremely low frequencies (ELF).

Tesla claimed in 1908 that he could hit any antipodean planetary city with an enormous EM energy pulse, delivered in microseconds, that would "create an explosion equivalent to more than the power of the extant world navies' combined 'Dreadnought' battleship broadsides" (i.e., a huge force similar to that of a nuclear explosion) from just such a device.

Therefore, it would appear that the Exmouth US Tx site contains "Tesla" or "scalar" EM weapons systems and has been active since about 1969, i.e., in time to conduct the 1970 and earlier tests for which we see evidence, due east of there in the Great Sandy Desert, as many grid rows of 10-km-spaced earthquakes, looking like a chessboard - each of 3 to 5 Richter power.

The Bright Skies weapons testing program...

www.pip.com.au...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by no such agency
..RAAF Springwood. It's kind of like a ground based AWACS centre - a Fighter Control Centre. I have heard some pretty freaky stuff about that site from an Aussie RAAF source

ditto that, not only from the DSD, but also from an American i know whom mentioned it yesterday... mentioning Springwood and how its covered as ground control centre.

He swore blind that Australia has at least two tactical nukes. These were stored at DSTO Salibury.

ditto again, the person claimed they didnt want them public because they would cause a major shift of power in our region ( and also annoy NK to no end ) and also stop us from getting those new missiles from the US.

3. He reckons there is a massive multi-level underground facility under the new parliament house in Canberra. He saw tender documents.

I know someone who works at the CSIRO who took me through the "Bat Caves" that go all over Canberra

Zipcode

[edit on 23-11-2004 by zipcode23]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Pine Gap is a satellite relay station also, during the vietnam conflict, the
pictures that US viewers saw on their TV's were first sent to Pine Gap,
then bounced to America.

Just a bit of Trivia for you

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by no such agency
2. He swore blind that Australia has at least two tactical nukes. These were stored at DSTO Salibury.

If true, that's just worrying. I used to drive passed Salisbury and Edinburgh a couple of times a week. One good missile strike and ther'ed be slivers of plutonium everywhere.

Why not? Churchill had his war cabinet rooms underground, the White House has its situation room and the President gets on Kneecap...why shouldn't the PM be underground doing his job?

(sp!)

[edit on 23-11-2004 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
A couple of corrections are necessary here. According
to the history of Woomera, correct spelling is
Nurrungar, and it closed in Oct, 1999.
homepage.powerup.com.au...
For the record, the word Nurrungar is aboriginal, and refers to a weapon I think, a launcher for spears, cant
remember exactly, that might be woomera instead as
woomera has quite a launch history back in the days
of the ELDO launches.

That would be Woomera, the little stick thing that allows you to launch your spear with much more force, like slinging instead of throwing a rock.

The British Nuke tests north of Woomera do not appear
documented here but I believe they are well described
in one of Lenney Bidel's (spelling?) books.

Why not just look up the Royal Commission's report and findings, much more comprehensive. The Nuke tests were done north and west of Woomera, in the Commonwealth Restricted Zone that runs nearly to the SA/NT border, that was the rocket range. Maralinga, the most famous crater, is well west of Woomera, Emu Point, etc to the NW. All this land now belongs to the Anangu Pitjanjatjara people as part of their "homelands". I used to live out there. That's where the fed gov't wants to put its low-medium level radioactive waste dump.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And off the coast in the northwest, at Barrow Island of the coast from Onslow, The Onslow pub is full of pictures of the locals standing in the town watching the explosions of the coast.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
4a Herbert St, St Leonards, Sydney NSW Australia

This is supposedly Telstra/Oz Post Resource Management Centre, other info has it as Regional Monitoring Centre-202 That is RMC-202.

Barbed wire all around, outwards & INWARDS (not seen much here) facing.

During the day the gates are open but at least 20 camera turrets on building

About 9 years ago I grabbed my skateboard, put my cap on backwards & skated in there with a buddy, "lookin' to grind some 'crete" was our excuse, --- went round the back & got the shock of my life to see a guard with a SMG, black uniform, ---- told me to "go away" in other words.

I have never seen or heard of security guards with SMGs in this city before.

sangraal

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
- About three or for years ago, fisherman off WA captured a brillant ball of light fly through the air. There account recalls it made a tight turn then went back the other direction. The thing is they captured it on camera
but went straight to a UFO research centre. The film has'nt been seen to my knowladge, it all went pretty quite
I would have gone to Ray Martyn

- I heard that apprantly Pine gap has the ability to recharge battery packs in submarines. This is yet to be confirmed.

I still believe there is alot out there. It slowly coming together. We need pics!

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Die Trying]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have lived here all my life and I dont like it. It reminds me of Mordor. The Eastern cities are OK but I cant wait to get to a more northern and younger landmass where things are green. I think you are right about much of the landscape resembling the remnants of some type of cataclysm. The lack of large animals and major predators in the recent history of the continent is strange also since much of Australia resembles parts of Africa. In short most of Australia is an arse of a place with just enough saving graces speaking geographically and culturally.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
my biggest concern bout these bases and their activities is the burden placed on the australian population because of our strategic value to america.

basically australia is nothing but a communications tool. the usa does not know what's going on on the other side of the world without australian based aids such as those found in pine gap and other spying facilities.

in times of war, what is the first thing your enemy goes for? you means of communication. and that means us here in australia. not good at all.

as for aliens in oz, they bin coming here for long time now, u only gotta look at some cave painting around the country to see em. not to mention other places round the world like sth america.

got an aunty who is fully into egyptology religion, reckons the egyptions came here to australia - reckons some egyptian gold artefacts made from gympie gold, also reckons there are hyrogliphs in nsw somewhere. reckons aliens helped to get here too. dunno bout all that but she interesting to sit down and yarn with.

as for uluru, its a sacred site for the traditional owners there, one end is for men's business and the other for women's business. men dont go near women place and vice versa - lore from ancestors must not be broken or sickness can/will occurr.

i live on the sunshine coast in qld, there's a military training base bout an hour away in a place called tin can bay - see all kindsa military stuff going up and down main highway. one night, in the middle of the night, got woken by loud roaring noise, got kinda freaked coz i was thinking tsunami or something, heard they reckon that's the noise u hear before u see the water coming. lasted for bout 10 minutes, couldnt see anything in the sky either. really freaky stuff, happened at same time of invasion in iraq.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eternal_vigilance
Also, there is the huge army and airforce bases in Townsville. The airforce base fences have big "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" signs plastered all over them which is kinda bizarre since they share some of their runways with the commercial airport...and its on a main road so its pretty hard to stop people from taking photos.

The army base has a very high mountain range behind it which you can drive up to the top. But all along the road is fenced with signs that say "DANGER: Military Target Area. Do not touch anything. It may explode and kill you." I have a photo of the signs but couldn't figure out how to post it here.

I live in Townsville. There's a shooting range on the southern side of Mt Stuart (only 685m). The fence you speak of is only the type of fence used to keep cattle in.
I've been in the range and there's nothing secret in there. The warning signs are to stop you accidently being shot or touching unexploded munitions. The Army does have a duty of care.
I used to work at the transmission station on top of Mt Stuart and from the tower you can see there is nothing of interest on the southern side of Mt Stuart. The southern side is also under the approach path of the commerical air craft.

As for the signs at the base, don't all RAAF bases have those signs? The ones I've been on did. As you say it's on what was a main road (Ingham rd - been bypassed) and is shared with commercial traffic so it can't be too secret.

I've worked at places that had more secrets than the Townsville army and RAAF bases. I'm not willing to say what as I am still under the offical secrets act.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join