It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA to pullout from Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
US Senate seeks Iraq exit reports

What about UN and the allies of USA, do theyu agree?

Is the mission in Iraq accomplished?

Is after-Saddam Iraq a safer and stable state?

And those WMD things?

Allegations of Shiite police kdnapping and killing Sunnis in Iraq. Does it smell like Civil War in Iraq?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They voted to be told whats going on. Shouldn't that have been happening in the FIRST PLACE? Shesh...

I don't see an "exit" happening any time soon.. even if they do devise a plan (which they should have already had in place).. it will be YEARS AND YEARS before all troops (US and Allies) are out of Iraq... if ever.. I lean twoards NEVER (ala South Korea).

Is the mission in Iraq accomplished?

That depends on what your understanding of the "mission" is. Acording to Bush.. the "mission" was accomplished over a year ago...

Is after-Saddam Iraq a safer and stable state?

From what I see... hell no... but then again I don't live there.. so I won't make any assumptions based on the media.. cause that is pointless.

And those WMD things?

You mean the dusty old mothballed shells they found? Or the ones they dug up? Or those MASSIVE stockpiles of expired chemical weapons (yes chem and bio weapons do have a shelf life)... oh right... umm.. our intelligence was umm.... err...... riiiight....

Allegations of Shiite police kdnapping and killing Sunnis in Iraq. Does it smell like Civil War in Iraq?

I agree with you there... can you possibly imagine the chaos that would ensue in Iraq if we WERE to leave tomorrow?

Derek

[edit on 16-11-2005 by DerekJR321]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Excuse me but the article only says that they want a regular report on headway not an immediate pullout. Bush & Co. already said that they are planning a systematic pull out as is feasible. The rotation of troops show a slight reduction in forces for next year. There is still much to be done and it would be impossible to nail down a specific date. On my window seal at home I have a 'Weather Rock'. It is the most accurate weather predictor in the world. It has never been wrong. All I have to do is look at it and I instantly know if it is raining, snowing or sunny. If Bush & Co. had a 'War Rock' then they might be able to tell Senator John Q. Anyman that we will be out on Dec 24th, 2006 at 10:45am est just in time for Christmas. Personaly I don't see it!

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Aint going to happen.

There is no way we will pull out of Iraq before 2008. As much as some of you would love to see the US fail at the expense of the Iraqi people, I dont belive our leader would allow such a thing. Thank god.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Iraq's main Sunni political party has called for an international inquiry into the alleged abuse of more than 170 detainees by Iraqi forces in Baghdad.

The Iraqi abuse allegations came to light when prisoners, many malnourished and some showing signs of apparent torture, were found by US troops on Sunday.

"I saw signs of physical abuse by brutal beating, one or two detainees were paralysed and some had their skin peeled off various parts of their bodies"
Hussein Kamal
Deputy interior minister

Full story on BBC

Is it time to think of withdrawal?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Aint going to happen.

There is no way we will pull out of Iraq before 2008. As much as some of you would love to see the US fail at the expense of the Iraqi people, I dont belive our leader would allow such a thing. Thank god.

The US isn't going to be leaving Iraq for at LEAST a few decades. There is just too much at stake.

We need to get that nation to the point where it is an example for the rest of the ME. That is going to take several decades.

On top of that, Iraq is simply in a much too important strategic location. It shares boarders with Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia. It actually could represent the most strategically important location of our military in the world.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Says you mad man.

The next president will be elected by simplying sayin "We are pulling out"

Our job is done. We liberated them; time for the international community to step in, which by the way Bush rejected when they offered.

new topics

top topics

join