It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student 'killed over skin colour'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

An 18-year-old student was murdered with an axe as he walked through a park simply because he was black, a court has heard.
Anthony Walker was attacked in Huyton, Merseyside, in July as he walked with his girlfriend Louise Thompson and cousin Marcus Binns to a bus stop.

Prosecutor Neil Flewitt QC said Anthony and Marcus were attacked "for no reason other than the colour of their skin".

Full story can be read onBBC

It must be labelled as terrorism.
The soldirers of anti-terrorism requested to stop this terror, too.

Do the mothers and Institutions teach it?
Is anti-terrorist prpaganda palnting seeds of terrorism in youth?
Are all bearded, scarfed and black humans terrorists?
Is the term terrorism incompatible with some privilaged races?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaudri

This was an absolute despicable attack. It was a racist attack, so why would/should it be labeled as 'Terrorism'?

Which soldiers are you referring to who requested to stop this terror?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

This was an absolute despicable attack. It was a racist attack, so why would/should it be labeled as 'Terrorism'?

Which soldiers are you referring to who requested to stop this terror?

If they can lable something like this as bad as it is as terrorism, then they can lable anything as such and be able to get away with things they ordinarily would not be able to..

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

An 18-year-old student was murdered with an axe as he walked through a park simply because he was black, a court has heard.
Anthony Walker was attacked in Huyton, Merseyside, in July as he walked with his girlfriend Louise Thompson and cousin Marcus Binns to a bus stop.

Prosecutor Neil Flewitt QC said Anthony and Marcus were attacked "for no reason other than the colour of their skin".

Full story can be read onBBC

Do the mothers and Institutions teach it?
Is anti-terrorist prpaganda palnting seeds of terrorism in youth?
Are all bearded, scarfed and black humans terrorists?
Is the term terrorism incompatible with some privilaged races?

Why dont I EVER see stories of white people killed by racist black people?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok, has it been established that whoever killed this man was white? so they know he has ties to pro-racist goups right? come on! this is a preconceived notion and in all honesty is a racist statement in itself. How do they know they guy just wasnt psychotic? or that he wasnt trying to steal his money? OH I know! he was black so it must be assumed he has no money and is the victim of a rascist attack, once again another pre conceived notion. Thats the problem, pre-conceived notions.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Erm...Guys...

This story is a few months old at best.

One of the assailants has admitted the murder already in court yesterday.

Witness descibe him and others (also standing trial) as hurling racist abuse before pursuing the lad into a park.

There, he was subjected to a frenzied attack with an Ice Axe. It was embedded 2 inches into his skull.

"They pursued them from a bus stop opposite the Huyton Park public house and they pursued them to attack them with the intention of causing them grievous bodily harm."

Anthony, his girlfriend and Marcus were making their way to a bus stop when they had racial abuse shouted at them, the court heard.

Despite walking away they were followed by a car which allegedly contained both Taylor and Mr Barton, the cousin and brother respectively of Manchester City footballer Joey Barton.

They walked into McGoldrick Park but were confronted by the two men and others, Mr Flewitt told the jury.

"Although Marcus Binns and Louise Thompson were able to run away and escape their attackers, Anthony Walker was not so fortunate," he said.

"He was struck to the head and killed by a single blow from an ice axe."

Source-BBC

It was a racist attack.

However.......

It is true that you hardly ever hear of any racist attacks in the opposite direction but they do happen. The Police, however, find it hard to prove and are reluctant to take it up.

(I know, as I have been on the receiving end, and more than once)

White man syndrome you see. If your a white Anglo male, everyone else is a priority. You sit at the bottom of the pile. Just the way things are these days....

[edit on 16/11/05 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Agreed and nicely said stumason
I didnt have the facts myself, didnt realise they were chasing the kid in the park.....

and your not alone on the receiving end of a racist attack BTW, has happened to me before as well and no the police dont care. is a part of the reason supremacist groups are gaining such a foothold in the inner cities.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's called a hate crime, if the reason he was killed was solely because he was black. But either way it doesnt matter, it is equally atrocious.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
It's called a hate crime, if the reason he was killed was solely because he was black. But either way it doesnt matter, it is equally atrocious.

I hate that phrase "hate crime"

Surely, every murder could be construde as a hate crime? Or is it just when Blacks get killed? What about rapes? Or is it just when Blacks get done in?

Crime is crime and murder is murder. To divide crimes into little racial cubby holes and assign a greater amount of disgust to one than another only serves to further divide us all. We're all people aren't we?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Prestoe !!! I could post much more, but why bother . The tragic lost of life by the hands of another is just as tragic regardless of skin color .

[edit on C:Wedocu11e11 by Opus]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
news.bbc.co.uk...

Prestoe !!!

Ahhh....it might be Black on White, but they won't call it a racist attack will they? Not PC......

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
IMO - hate crimes, like those perpetrated by the KKK, are an original form of terrorism.

C'mon. Black people were persecuted, raped, hanged - and terrorized. It was terrorism. And it hasn't gone away.

IMO - turnabout might be fairplay, but two wrongs don't make a right. This thread is about defining racially motivated hate crimes as terrorism. I think the poster has a good point.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
IMO - hate crimes, like those perpetrated by the KKK, are an original form of terrorism.

C'mon. Black people were persecuted, raped, hanged - and terrorized. It was terrorism. And it hasn't gone away.

IMO - turnabout might be fairplay, but two wrongs don't make a right. This thread is about defining racially motivated hate crimes as terrorism. I think the poster has a good point.
#

IMO, turnabout isn't fair play. Why should I pay for not only my ancestors cruelty, but that of their own? They like to portray the Slave trade etc as a white thing, but it was their own brothers back in Africa who sold them in the first place.

We should all have equality, not just those that didn't have it too begin with.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Opus! this post is irrelevant.

The original thread is about 'killing of a boy becauase he was black', and that motive has been proved in the court.

There are crimes, daily & everywhere, they don't have race or religion or other idealogy as a motive, we don't label them 'hate crime' or 'terrorism'.

Hate crime vs terrorism.............. !
Define terrorism?

Is terrorism not a hate crime?
Where lies the border between the hate crime and the terrorism?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Actualy according to section 802 of the PA it could be considered an act terrorism.
In this section....
802 definition of domestic terrorism
'domestic terrorism' means activities that -
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of criminal laws of the United States or of any state.

And as far as hate crime goes thats a bogus term used to cause a greater split in the ppl. If I kill some one it's a hate crime I'm not loving them to death thats for sure. And as far as slavery goes every race on eather has expirienced slavery at some time in the past should we all start asking each other for reporations? The native American indians recived a great injustice not only were they inslaved, but they were slaughtered and much more.

Yeah there is racism around but lets look at things for what they are all crimes are hate crimes, you owe no one nothing for things that you did not personaly do to them, and we are all humans and equal to each other. If you want to blame any one for promoting racial split look at the pop culture out there now using words like homie that originates from house boy, not to mention the other words used most of which I can not say here. They don't care that they are helping to destroy bonds made by the common man because they have become nothing more than a part of the system they claim to hate so much.

It's all about those in power keeping those under them in place by reminding them where they stand. Crime is crime, wrong is wrong plain and simple. This was a crime about race but it makes it no more important than a white man killing a white man or an adult molesting a child or raping a woman. They deserve to be punished for their crime in the way of death.

Raist

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Stumason, you do make a good point. And to me the term 'hate crime' that we use today is a reflection on the fact that there are still racial tensions out there. As much as I wish them to go away, it never will there will always be those who hate others just for being of a different race, creed or religion. But when someone kills someone because they are of different race, I mean that is the poster child for hate crim. Being a Criminal Justice major we have looked at this issue in the past in quite a few of my classes. And we determined through class discussion that 'hate crime' is not just simple murder, murder can be a crime of passion, necessity, or hate. Passion meaning you had no time to think of your decsion in a fit of rage, anger, or sadness. Necessity meaning you have to kill or you will be killed yourself. And hate, meaning there was no reason for you to do it, other than your own personal hatred of someone simply for the color of their skin or what god they pray to.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My post keeps getting moved around so I will reply here.

quote:

Cops say student attacked because of color
The alleged hate crime attack on a Lewis and Clark High School student came after his attacker said, "I want to beat up one of these white boys," according to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Spokane police.

He added, "I should have kicked him until he'd never get up … I'm a racist, and I hate all you white boys."
Another race atack... I wonder why this one didn't make the national news. It seems that the only time a race attack makes national news is if a white person was the attacker. It doesn't matter who the victim is, unless the attacker is white then the national media ignores it.

To me this seems to be a conspiracy.

It has been moved to their subscription area, so here is the story.

Cops say student attacked because of color
Police say alleged attacker called himself a racist

Rob McDonald
Staff writer
November 19, 2005

The alleged hate crime attack on a Lewis and Clark High School student came after his attacker said, "I want to beat up one of these white boys," according to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Spokane police.

Tyson Leroy Brown, 21, of Spokane was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of malicious harassment, a Class C felony hate crime. Brown also had an unrelated warrant from Oregon, according to a Spokane police news release.

The 15-year-old victim was intentionally and maliciously assaulted due to his race, according to the affidavit obtained Friday.

Advertisement
The victim is white, and the alleged attacker is black.

Brown is accused of walking up to the student and knocking him unconscious with a punch to the head, then kicking the student as he was on the ground. The attack occurred Wednesday during a lunch break across the street from Lewis and Clark. The victim was treated and released at a hospital.

Brown was arrested a few blocks away. While he was being taken to jail, a police officer said Brown called himself a "racist," according to the affidavit. He added, "I should have kicked him until he'd never get up … I'm a racist, and I hate all you white boys."

Charlotte Beavers, Brown's aunt, was shocked to hear the racist language her nephew allegedly spoke.

"Oh my God. That's crazy. He had to be drinking or something. That's not him," she said Friday.

Beavers, who moved to Spokane three years ago from Blythe, Calif., said Brown is developmentally disabled.

"He's a really good kid. His mom passed away when he was younger," Beavers said. "I raised him to the best of my ability. He's got mental problems. Every time he does something they just stick him in jail. He comes out worse than when he went in."

She's been unable to visit her nephew in jail. She can't post any bail for him, because she has no money.

Brown violated his probation by moving from Oregon to Spokane, Beavers said. She said she asked him to come to Spokane rather than being alone in Portland, where he would have likely lived on the street.

"They got a warrant out for him (in Oregon)," Beavers said. "He was between a rock and a hard place."

Beavers said her nephew worked for a construction company for a while, which made him happy.

"He's mentally retarded," Beavers said. "He speaks fine. He just has problems knowing right from wrong … He's like doomed from the beginning."

Brown has four convictions on his criminal record for malicious harassment, robbery, assault and theft, according to the police news release.

In response to Wednesday's attack, the Spokane Human Rights Commission issued a statement calling all crimes of race-based hatred abhorrent to all responsible citizens and encouraging citizens "to take an active part in teaching our youth to resist and report instances of race-related discrimination" to the city or state Human Rights Commissions.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by K_OS]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Opus! this post is irrelevant.

The original thread is about 'killing of a boy becauase he was black', and that motive has been proved in the court.

There are crimes, daily & everywhere, they don't have race or religion or other idealogy as a motive, we don't label them 'hate crime' or 'terrorism'.

Hate crime vs terrorism.............. !
Define terrorism?

Is terrorism not a hate crime?
Where lies the border between the hate crime and the terrorism?

It's foolish to be eager to brand this as 'terrorism', next minute you'll have your patriot act thrown at you for littering in the street. People are worried that this is what lies in store for Terrorism laws - the ability to apply them to inappropiate crimes - so don't go running off like that.

And as the topic is about racist attacks, I don't personally see how Mr Whelans murder is not relevent and it's example serves it's purpose in the progession of the discussion.

These were racist attacks, what points are you trying to make?

top topics

join