It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots Expose Snipers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was wondering when something like this would come out.

I guess you could place this unit on a sometype of 4 wheeler and let it run ahead of a squad and then let it sacrifice itself to locate snipers, or even better have this unit fire back on the sniper once it locates a target.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Robots Expose Snipers
A system based on human hearing can reveal the location of hidden gunmen in urban-warfare situations.

By Kevin Bullis

technologyreview.com...

In Boston last week, a crowd gathered in the noise-filled, two-story atrium of the Boston University Photonics Center to watch a man simulate gunshots by banging on a well-dented metal panel. Each time he repositioned himself -- on a set of stairs, for example -- and struck the metal, a small, suitcase-sized robot would instantly swivel its cigar box-shaped head and aim two clusters of bright-white LEDs at the metal panel.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I guess that not even a robot would be immune to an M-82... APC bullets...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There are already systems being used and tested in Iraq to locale Snipers by acoustic and air pressure sensors. The system I’m talking about would but designate a laser to where the shot originated. So in a urban environment when a shooter ducks behind a wall he will no longer be concealed.

new topics

join