It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should this be shut down??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.skyposse.com...

They seem to prey on ppl to get 10 bucks per lapel pin WTF! in relation to 9-11 I hate these companies. Dont YOU!

"Could you address the assertion made by some of your critics that Sky Posse preys on gullible people's fears and patriotism to dupe them into paying $10 for a cheap lapel pin?

As a follow-up, I was wondering if you could divulge what Sky Posse pays for these pins and more specifics about how your revenue is distributed. Your website states vaguely that "Sky Posse intends to donate a percentage of the proceeds to the Flight 93 National Memorial."
"

[edit on 16-11-2005 by japike]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Several things come to mind when reading this:

1. A fool and his money are quickly parted.
2. Every tragedy represent financial gain to someone.
3. There are still a lot of people out there who are willing to jump on the anti-terror bandwagon.
4. Lapel pins advertise the wearer as a member of something. This exploits the need to belong.
5. Some people think it is cool.
6. A fool and his money are quickly parted.

Preying on people to spend their hard earned money on useless crap is a national pastime. It is called advertising.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Yes it should be shut down. This is clearly an idea that someone had to make a few dollars on others who are gullible.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Yes it should be shut down. This is clearly an idea that someone had to make a few dollars on others who are gullible.

If we shut down everything that prays on the gullible, there'd be few, if any, businesses left.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Shut down on what grounds though? Bad taste? Only if it makes fraudulent claims can it be shut down.

$10 for a badge maybe a rip off, but at least you get something to show for it. It's nearly $10 for a packet of cigaretes here in the UK and you are left with nothing at the end of them apart from an increased risk of cancer.

However it is a pig ugly website that looks like it was constructed with FrontPage themed pages (a crime against humanity if you ask me) and therefore on those grounds should be taken down. Perhaps we could all chip in and get enough Roubles together to pay some 14 year old Russian hackers to take it out (I hear they are very cheap).

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If some idiot wants to throw away ten bucks, that's their prerogative. I'd just as soon pay a few bucks for an "Impeach Bush" bumper sticker.

(Actually I have one that says Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Peroutka.)

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's a sign of unity in a time of crisis. People who are inclined to do so will buy the pin. Those who are not so inclined will not. I would also like to know more about how the money will be spent, but I don't fly anymore and the largest group of potential buyers will be frequent flyers. If it makes them feel better, then good for them.

top topics

join