It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoax or Real Aircraft images.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Found these the other day REAL or HOAX.
Hopefully we will find out...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
hoax i seen the same pictures on another thread somehwere recently debunked cgi apparantly.

Gotta admit their pretty well done though.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
LOL yeah its pretty easy to make a hoax when you blur and pixalate the intire picture.
I have seen pictures or cg of the J-10 with that type of intake though. I think that the type of intake has a name anyone know what its called?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have seen versions of this pic that are crystal clear. I cant really see where they are CGI'd but there is also the possibility that they are REAL photos of a wooden or plastic mock up?

I find the idea that they show a real prototype far too ridiculous. They are TOO pin point sharp and well lit to be snatched pics of a secret prototype and if it isn't secret why does it get built before anything is seen? So, not a real plane for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Looks a bit like the MiG 1.44 or whatever it was called.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
yeah, I think it's a hoax too... It's just too blur... But the plane looks a bit like the "Bird of Prey"

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
can we all stop throwing around the term "cgi" please? its not like your average hoaxer has a multi-million dollar machine in his bedroom. say it was photoshopped (like 95% of all the other debunkers here do) or something that your average person has in his/her possession.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There is a HUGE difference between photoshop and cg modeling calling it a photoshop is just stupid.

Also it's easy for anyone to get the tool's for cg modelling these day's theres ton's of packages from lightwave to 3d max.

oh yeah it was originally debunked on this page

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Teknikal]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree, there is no way that is photoshop. It is either a cg model or a real photo of a mock up, I can't decide which but I veer towards a detailed cg render as I have seen more obvious cg renderings of that same plane.

Here is a clearer version.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by waynos]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Same model, different angles:

forum.japantoday.com...

Nice looking cgi.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
no denying that the "cgi" with all the bays open and shuch is top class heck it looks real but does anyone notice the halo triangle on the top of the right wing?

on second look it could be a water mark of a TV station or mag etc

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Canada_EH]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I agree, there is no way that is photoshop. It is either a cg model or a real photo of a mock up, I can't decide which but I veer towards a detailed cg render as I have seen more obvious cg renderings of that same plane.

Here is a clearer version.

i find it more plausible for it to be a mock up...the difference between the cleaned up pic and the cg models that simon666 has in his post are VERY noticeable.

and teknikal, i never said it was photoshopped, so please save the "stupid" comments. all i'm sayinfg is, lots of folks around here like to throw around "cgi" whenever they see an unfamiliar picture, and i think its pretty irresponsible.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
well as a graphic designer here is a lil bit of how something like this could be created.
Well you could create the 3D model in a CG programe than you take the thing into photoshop or illustrator or both and recreate the bay doors from a number of diff planes and put it into a hanger pic that you had selected at the start of the process. now mind you even i'am impressed if this was photoshop/cg. I'll end saying that it could still be a mockup of a plane but .... it could not be, no new yes or no but ill say this stuff is cg possible.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
removed text because it came out all wrong and is likely to cause an argument, just forget I said anything guys

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i think it COULD be coumputer-generated as well...but if this is a fake, i think it looks more like a mock-up to me. if its cg, i would lean more towards it looking like simon666's renderings. if one had the EXPENSIVE and SOPHISTICATED equipment available, i'm sure that a clean, sharp pic like that could be rendered...but a P4 with 2 gigs of RAM isn't going to come close.

i just think its irresponsible to proclaim the pic CGI!!!!!!! and close the case.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by el cid]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm not looking to cause any arguements but i think you would be very suprised what people can do on their home pc's cg wise

Example

and that isn't even near the most impressive one i've seen look around the gallery and i have a pentium 2 old old pc with lightwave on it so stop trying to say you need supercomputers you just need time to render.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
no, i understand completely what you're trying to say...i just didn't appreciate the "stupid" comment...but that's all water under the bridge.

and you're probably right...i would be surprised by the quality of cgi on home computers.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
and that isn't even near the most impressive one i've seen look around the gallery and i have a pentium 2 old old pc with lightwave on it so stop trying to say you need supercomputers you just need time to render.

And im not either just so yeah know. to the general public though they think that all CG looks like pixar movies. from the sounds of it your knowledge is very good in the feild of CG and you and me like and everyone on the forums has their openion. personally I agree with you that the image pictured in thread above could very well be CG and personally i will say i believe it to be CG until people can show me different. BUT seeing as i didn't create it and I dont think you did teknika I will for now say that the possiblity of it being a mock up is still possible.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's rendered pretty well blurred a good bit to make it hard to spot the lighting kinda gives it away in my eyes along with the body being what looks like an yf 23 with some canards added. The open panels themselves do look like a texture mapping.

I'd like to see a sharper picture like everyone else to be 100% yes i admit i'm only 99% sure.

The stupid comment i apoligise for it wasnt meant as a personal attack just emphasizing that photoshop is a completely different tool and is nothing like 3d modelling.

I can understand people having doubts i've seen some cg pics i can't tell apart from a photo myself one of a vodka bottle on a table comes to mind.

It'd be cool if china did have a plane like this but looking at their other planes i honestly think it's just patriotic cg artist wishing thinking or possibly some Government propaganda from them.

I'll leave people to make up their own minds.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here is how this picture was made according to the details released from PLAAF J-10C (twin engine, stealthed out, internal weapons bay J-10)"

How it looks in 3D Max:
external image

How it looks when finished with touches:

Same artist retouched the pic and made the weapons door flip out, made the canards change angles, made some panels open:

Photoshopped with CCTV (Chinese Central TeleVision) military program graphics:

Photoshopped on to a newspaper article about ChengFei (Chengdu Aviation company):

All the images were made according to this pic released in an airshow about the J-10C variant of J-10:

There are SO many talented Chinese CGI artists on the web, and man are they skilled and military fanatics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join