It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Confirms First Human Bird Flu Cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
China has confirmed that they have three human cases of the bird flu. China is currently vaccinating billions of poultry animals in an effort to thwart off the virus. Additionally, China is worried that the flu might mutate to an airborne virus because of the huge poultry population there and the often close contact that humans have with the poultry.

www.cnn.com
China on Wednesday reported its first three confirmed human cases of bird flu as the government raced to vaccinate billions of chickens, ducks and other poultry in a massive effort to stop the spread of the virus.

The Health Ministry confirmed two human cases in the central province of Hunan and one in the eastern province of Anhui, the official Xinhua News Agency reported. Both areas reported outbreaks in poultry in the past month.

Experts are especially worried about the potential for bird flu to spread and mutate in China because of its vast poultry flocks and their close contact with people. It also is a major migration route for wild fowl, which experts say might be spreading the virus.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my opinion, the bird flu is going to be no more worse than the SARS problem that we had a few years back. Every country is on high alert for this strain of the bird flu, and I'm sure that even if it does become an airborne virus that we'lll be able to put it under control quickly.

But then again, I could be wrong. Let's hope I'm right.

Related News Links:
www.stratfor.com
thestar.com. my
www.alertnet.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-11-2005 by asala]

new topics

join