It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumble in the jungle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Some time ago, I was sitting in my den watching television, when all of the sudden the sliding glass doors in my den and dining room started shaking.

I thought at first it may have been an earthquake, but the only thing that shook were the doors. Then I thought it may have been the wind, but the skies were clear that day, and there was no wind anywhere. Then I thought it may have been something local, like the rumble of a bulldozer or something, but then I received a phone call from a friend who lives about 15 miles away reporting that the same thing had just happened at his place.

I contacted one of the local news stations, and they were not aware of anything like this happening that day, nor had they heard anything about it. I also watched the news that night to see if there were reports, but nothing. Nothing was in the papers the next day either.

Still, to this day, I don't know what happened, but it certaily was weird!

And, more recently, I was sitting on the back porch of my mother-in-laws house with my wife's extended family when we all heard a very loud explosion...I'm talking something that sounded like a pack of C4 going off blowing up a gas station.

But, we didn't see anything in the sky, there was no smoke anywhere, no emergency vehicles could be heard at any time after the incident, and - once again - there were no reports of it in the papers, on the news, or anywhere.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
For the sliding door shaking, it does sound like an earthquake. Maybe a magnitude one or two. You can go to earthquakes.usgs.gov... and back track to your location for the date when that happened.

As for the explosion thing, no idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If there had been an earthquake, there would have been a report of it on the news...no?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
If there had been an earthquake, there would have been a report of it on the news...no?

Not necessarily...

Prob'le depends on whether it's a real slow news day, or they can get a hand on official explanation, or ... on and on...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban

Maybe not. These "microquakes" happen fairly often and if no one reports it to the news, then chances are nothing will be said about it.

new topics

top topics

join