It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS & Prediction of terror, death, and coming tragedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Given the state of the world over the past few months (e.g. rise in terrorist acts, 'official' warnings of impending attacks, North Korean nuclear standoff, the careful moving of world leaders, etc.) I think it is important to make this thread about the prediction of these events.

There are several civilian members of ATS (including myself) who have made predictions about impending disasters. I am fully aware of the definition of the term used on our site, "scare/fear mongering", and I want to make clear that I have never intended to employ the same mechanism of control (i.e. FEAR) that the leaders of the world have utilized for literally centuries.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that anyone who has made a prediction of an attack was disappointed when the attack did not occur.

Speaking for myself, I've made a few predictions, all of which did not come about as predicted. Quite frankly the only reason I have made predictions is to allow interested individuals the opportunity to prepare themselves and their families. The hope is that a prediction will minimize casualties in the event that something dreadful did happen as predicted. I see no need to "cover my arse" when an event does not occur.

I'd rather make a prediction, generate thoughts of self-survival in the reader, and have NOTHING happen, than to have 1 single event occur as predicted. Lets not forget that while a "death instinct" is inherent in human beings, the "life instinct" is just as strong.

I am comfortable in knowing that there are many threats to national security that are not disclosed to media sources. I believe that prediction is an important (and exhausting) practice. However, it is important to keep in mind that ALL predictions (unless coming from a direct, knowledgable source) are hypotheses.

The true test of a time-based hypothesis is allowing the alotted time to pass and then measuring the results.

I will say that I shall continue to make predictions (and I hope others on ATS will as well), because I believe that in the event that the Cabal/illuminati are monitoring this site (through the guise of a federal agency), evidence of a civilian prediction would completely ruin any cover-ups they may attempt to employ post-event. A key example of this is the information now being unveiled about prior knowledge of the Bush regime of the 9/11 attacks.

Incidentally I also believe that intelligent, logical debate AGAINST a prediction is also crucial. Taking such debate personally is an emotional fallacy, and I invite any and all debate for any predictions which I make in the future.

Such is the power of an online community-- some of us have more time than others, and we should appreciate those that take the time to labor over their keyboards to analyze a particular scenario. It is well-known that all governments of the world run hypothetical scenarios based on available intelligence. As part of the world community, why should we be any different? Our very lives may depend upon our critical thinking skills.

I think the old Boy Scout motto, "Be Prepared" is important for myself and others who don't have the time to examine the evidence for themselves, 24/7/365. How should one prepare? I have a completely non-violent family emergency plan and have drilled on it until it has become automatic. I also pray that it will never have to be engaged. The bottom line is that predictions that come from civilivan sources alert us to a potential threat, and prompt provoking thoughts about the state of the world and the safety of its inhabitants.

Of course, given that this is *mostly* a public internet site, I keep in mind that much of what is posted in publically-accessible forums is likely being read by terrorist organizations (regardless of a member's country of residence). However, the search for the truth continues, the predictions will continue (at least by myself), and I hope that I continue to be wrong at every single step of the way, despite my conformity to the scientific method.

What are your thoughts on the issue of prediction? When you read a post where a member exposes a potential incoming threat to the world/your country, do you automatically shrug it off or do you research the topic yourself? I'm very interested in reading your response!

[Edited on 21-9-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
With the information that has been extensively gathered since 09/11/01, we have gotten to the point of understanding the fundamentals of what has happened and what will likely happen with regards to the "war" on terror. Prediction based upon this information appears to be very plausible.

I've read about as much as I can online with regards to it now. The continued posting of plausible predictions given the facts of what has happened previously leaves me little reason to doubt that at some point it will happen again. Right now it appears to me that the end of September 2003 is a hot zone of impending and well orchestrated disaster. I certainly do not wish it to happen, but I no longer feel such predictions are unfounded.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well most of the predictions aren't very precise. So it's like bad things are going to happen, but it's the when that is fuzzy.

I for myself do some research but if you objectively look at this board there are a lot of things to worry about. You have to pick and choose. And in general I find that all this stuff doesn't really matter (unless you live in Yellowstone park): what's important is to stock up and be prepared. You don't even need a gun.

I've taken the first step by becoming mentally prepared. The second by stocking up a little bit. I will do more as I can. God bless.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I will step up to the plate on this one, since I have been accused of being one of the more prolific posters of predictions.

I think the term "scare monger" was attached to me somewhere along the line.

Yes, I do make predictions on various subjects. I try to do so after doing research on the subject and analyzing it in a logical fashion. I will also admit that I tend to predict towards the worst case scenario end of things. I do this for a reason, as it is only logical, if you are prepared for the worst case scenario, you can survive all the other possibilities associated with the situation.

A certain member of the board has accused me of scare mongering in order to get a thrill out of things, as I tend to publicize matters that we as individuals are unable to do much about to avert. To this I respond that in the real world, those in power whose duty it is to protect us from such dangers actually have policies in place to prevent dissemination of such knowledge of danger, so as to prevent "panic". I, in good conscience, cannot allow such knowledge to go unrevealed: true, in some cases, we may not be able to do much about a situation, but people at least have the right to know and make thier own decisions.

Am I disappointed when one of my predictions turns out to be wrong? NOT AT ALL. I am quite happy to be wrong, considering the nature of many of my predictions.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
What are your thoughts on the issue of prediction? When you read a post where a member exposes a potential incoming threat to the world/your country, do you automatically shrug it off or do you research the topic yourself? I'm very interested in reading your response!
[Edited on 21-9-2003 by MKULTRA]

1. I look at the background of the person making the claims, their demonstrated knowledge of relevant events, their interests as expressed here, and their stability.

2. I look at the facts supporting the conclusion that they are drawing.

3. I look at any other supporting evidence for what may be an accurate suggestion, if the first two stack up.

4. I don't dismiss anything, but there are some with infinitely more credibility than others. I don't approve of children or idiots people playing silly games with this kind of stuff.

5. I haven't been wrong yet in any of my predictions, which cut across a variety of topics (except there have now been four periods of ATS server downtime from when William announced certain things to do with the 200,000th post, with more to come, but I only anticipated three) and most of the events I have predicted are yet to surface. I have also said there will be no major terrorist attack of even 1/50 the level of carnage of 9/11 anywhere on US soil this calendar year.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I tend to forget that apart from a real World with real troubles: my own mortality.
I find it more comforting (?) to look out at the world than to say, for instance, at my increasing slight left arm pain. My "godlike" physician says my heart is fine.
Yet, over time this slight pain is becoming a little more prevalent.
How common might it be for any of us (especially at 40+)
to rather worry about "out" rather than "in"?
Even so, my hind brain is in agreement with I, that this
city of 900,000 is wonderful, but too
for it&I.
I do so hope to join the country paranoids in the mountain country one day.
Where snow & others of the pesky elements (all 92 of them devils
) are more tangible worry beads than old
Alfred Alkida or nasty Afghani Stanley.
Just how can one "Find Out" without finding out "Too Much" ?

top topics

join