It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age Regulation for Free Masons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I was wondering if you had to be a certain age to get into the free masons. I know absolutly nothing on the subject. Except for that my Grandfather was a freemason. And I think it would be an amazing experiance. There is a Lodge in my city? Anyone have any idea on how I could learn more and possibly get in?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
In most US jurisdictions, this age is now 18. There are, however, some jurisdictions where the age might be 19 or 21. Canadian and other jurisdictions vary as well. Check with your local Grand Lodge. A quick summary of US/Canada ages can be found

Request a petition from your local lodge you have to ask to join. Contact the secretary of the lodge or any mason you may know.
You must believe in God as no atheist can join. .
You will be investigated by the lodge to distinguish your good character.
Be sure you join for the right reason.
That means not for personal gain.
It is also not a religion and should not be taken as such
I would suggest this link and listen to “how to become a Mason”
www.grandlodgeoftexas.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Youngest admittance that I personally know of as an "Initiate" was 17 years old, but he probably lied about his age.

The age of universal sufferage in Thailand is 20, yet most lodges admit 18 year olds probably because they are ignorant to the laws of the land and because they seem sub-servient to the UGLE.
Having said that Thailand has probably the lowest membership of any country in the world.
I am only aware of 2 temples in the whole country, both are in western tourist districts.

That's why I like it here so much, can barely walk 2 paces in London without having some bunch of fruit-cakes bothering me.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
it is 21 in my lodge.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
its 19 in my Lodge in michigan

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
so theres a lodge less than a mile from my house (helena, al). Can i just walk in one day and get the lowdown? or will i promptly be kicked out?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I will be moving this thread to BTS Chit Chat because it doesn't deal with a conspiratorial secret societies topic.

new topics

top topics

join