It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why homosexuality is not genetic

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Yes, hate is part of us, as human beings

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Jay-morris]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I am fortunate to say that I do not hate. At all. I do not understand people that do.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Stereptyping is vital to a majority of peoples survival in the world today.

A nurse stereotypes when she walks home from work at midnight. Through a rough neighborhood.

A policeman stereotypes when he is in the patrol car.

A third grader stereotypes when he is on the playground.

A employer stereotypes when he does not hire non highschool grads.

Citizens of Rwanda stereotype to keep from being killed.

Soilders in wars stereotype to keep self and buddy alive.

The last time I walked by a blind man I kicked him.

Why should I be kinder than God?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
having grown up in innercity NYC where the population is so dense, i know of alot of identical twins who are both gay.

i even know of a couple twins that were separated at birth and raised seperately, and still ended up gay. various studies have confirmed the same correlation.

so there is definitely a genetic predisposition although i don't believe there is a genetic allele for homosexuality, but rather, for vulnerability for 'normal' testosterone-dependent changes during embryo development.

afterall, we all behin from female zygotes even if XY (or XXXY in case of those of us who are tetraploid chimeras) and only if normal testosterone changes happen, do the genetically XY males turn into viable and heterosexual males.

various drugs and contaminants in our environment today have been proven to have a feminizing effect on the human embryo and hint at tendency toward some level of feminizing the male body and/or mind - up to and including sexual birth defects as we as post-adolescent sexual preference.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
having grown up in innercity NYC where the population is so dense, i know of alot of identical twins who are both gay.

i even know of a couple twins that were separated at birth and raised seperately, and still ended up gay. various studies have confirmed the same correlation.

so there is definitely a genetic predisposition although i don't believe there is a genetic allele for homosexuality, but rather, for vulnerability for 'normal' testosterone-dependent changes during embryo development.

afterall, we all behin from female zygotes even if XY (or XXXY in case of those of us who are tetraploid chimeras) and only if normal testosterone changes happen, do the genetically XY males turn into viable and heterosexual males.

various drugs and contaminants in our environment today have been proven to have a feminizing effect on the human embryo and hint at tendency toward some level of feminizing the male body and/or mind - up to and including sexual birth defects as we as post-adolescent sexual preference.

You know of a lot of identical twins that are gay?

Exactly how many is 'a lot'?

Identical twins occur approximately once in every 250 births. They are quite rare.

You know a lot of identical twins and they just happen to be homosexual?

I find this hard to believe, the odds are astronomical. Please excuse my scepticism if it comes across the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by ignant

You know of a lot of identical twins that are gay?

Exactly how many is 'a lot'?

Identical twins occur approximately once in every 250 births. They are quite rare.

You know a lot of identical twins and they just happen to be homosexual?

I find this hard to believe, the odds are astronomical. Please excuse my scepticism if it comes across the wrong way.

in nyc theres approx 8,000 gays that have twins and yes because i lived in the Village for most my life and worked in an nyu psych dept where postgrad/postdoc sexuality and twin studies was done

and yes im not even social but personally know of dozens of gays whose twin sibling is also gay.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Homosexuality is not genetic. How do you explain ex-gays who are now completely straight and some of whom are happily married?

They are living a lie. I am assuming these are people who graduated from those anti-gay camps that Christian groups run. Pretty discusting really - why can't we just accept people for how they are?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by American Mad Man

We are a third born, a third made and a third we make ourselves.

Homosexuality may have some genetic predeterminates...
...but animals can be born with same sex orientation because of social and nutritional factors...
...and sexual expression can be influenced by seduction...
...or revulsion because of early sexual interference...
...it certainly should not be subject to sectarian judgment.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Sexual orientation isn't binary. It operates along a spectrum.

So in terms of these twins, you might actually have one who isn't really all that strongly gay, but just happens to be a *little* more gay than straight; which would be within the normal genetic variance expected even for "identical," twins.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join