It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dog and pony show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
after see the oil execs before congress i just had to laugh. lee raymond(exxon) stated that exxons profits were in line with the rest of american industry. what a comparison. then he shifts to the father figure and said that prices had to be raised to decrease demand and prevent hoarding. ok thanks for looking out for us lee, answer this one, everytime one of these excuses to raise gas prices comes along the price never returns to what it was before the crisis. next it'll be a gasoline truck in wisconsin swerves to miss a squirel goes into the ditch and gas will be up to $4 a gal. the whole inquiery was nothing but a political game so the congressmen can tell thier constituants hey we looked into it. after the whole show they all probably went to the same resturant for lunch and had a good laugh about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I will probably be hated for saying this but the man has a point. There are far more ways to get to work economically ( or go on vacation) than there are to keep yourself healthy with no risk of needing patented medicines at extreme cost. Big pharma is making profits that would make even Raymond blush and the top ten drug companies in the Fortune 500 generate more profits than the other 490 listed.

So to be fair we should probably learn their names and start giving them the same type of attention we are giving the petro-crooks.

I love the squirel bit!

Stellar

new topics

join