It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any bases in Louisiana?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
well i was wondering if there are any bases in or around Lafayette Louisiana. Even, if no bases, any other corporations with something wierd or anything? i know a little about camp claiborne around Allexandria, but was wondering about something closer? or maybe about other things that happened at camp claiborne?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I believe there are two or three bases in Louisiana. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Fort Polk which is fairly close to the Texas border.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The USAF has Barksdale AFB in Louisiana. They fly B-52s out of there for Eight Air Force. They've been there since the 1930s.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
K, i know about fort polk... nething odd going on there? and barksdale, ive heard of it, but also dont know wuts going on with that... and im still wondering about Camp Claiborne... my sis has been there, and in some of the old pits, grenade pits and stuff, there are some altars made and stuff written on em... might not have much bearing on anything... just found it interesting.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"There are three active military installations in Louisiana."

military-hotels.us...

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
thanks for finding that... neone know of nething cool going on there? lol, as u can tell im bored

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There is also this one, but I'm not sure what its disposition is at this time, considering Katrina and the recommendation that it be closed and absorbed into other facilities.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
yet again nice find, and ya, i doubt its up and running right now

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
hrm, i know theres one on the west-bank of the Mississippi river in New Orleans, sorry but i cant quite remember the name

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
IIRC that's one of the major shipyards. I forget the name though, but it's one of the major producers of warships for the Navy, some foreign ships, and all kinds of other things.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
hrm, i know theres one on the west-bank of the Mississippi river in New Orleans, sorry but i cant quite remember the name

The NO Naval Air Station.

new topics

top topics

join