It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your ATS/BTS pet peeve?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My board pet peeve? I have more tham I can count, but if you really want to get me to think you are a complete and utter moron, ignore the shift key.
:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
TC..

ArE YouU tAlkINg AbouT peOple LikE thIS????

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
no, i think he was talking about posts like this, if i am not mistaken.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yes, Chebob, you are right on the money!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My mistake! :shk:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The only pet peeves I can think of at the moment are:

1) People who start a Thread and sign off if it has no replies after about 2 minutes. Be patient! No one can discuss it with you if you wander off almost immediately.

2) That period in the morning/day where the board is almost dead if you live in the UK. Who do you lot think you are, abandoning us! We spend all day cleaning the board and having Tea and Scones just for everyone to barge in "after hours" tipping Budweiser and Twinky crumbs all over the place.

It's not on, there should be far more American Insomniacs present at all hours

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hmm... worst pet peeve....

Ignorance, Naturally.

Generally, ignorance typically involves (In particular) lack of logical skills, or lack of knowledge concerning the common fallacies of logic.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My personal ATS/BTS pet peeve -- yep, I have another -- is "Bush Bashing". All right, All ready! So some people don't like President George Bush. We get it! Your opinion does not agree with his opinion. You disagree. But to lower oneself to the point where ones only argument is "Bush is an idiot". or "Bush is insane". is juvenile. If you don't agree with Bush, make your points, defend them and state your opinion. That's it. In rebuttal, one should expect another's opinions, points and defense.

I doubt whether anyone's opinion will be changed or even drastically altered but at least this can be done in a polite, intelligently civil fashion.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Damn man, they took the time to come this far let's meet others half-way.

My pet peeve is getting yelled at by mods for "circumventing the censors."

As if I were alone in that....

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
By the way INTREPID.. sorry for using one of your quotes. The SWEAR word just jumped out at me.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My latest peeve, one which I'm really hacked off with, is the fact that we have to keep logging in every couple of days.

Why? What is the purpose? Can somebody please explain, because I'm hacked off with wading through pages of stuff to find my password.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Really Fritz? I don't have that problem. I logged in when I got this system from my friend after mine blew up and haven't had to log in since.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Damn it Zaph!

Are you following me around? :shk:

Are you trying to
threads afta me?

Always remember.........keeney meanie......catchie monkey

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My biggest pet peeve is the moaning, groaning, bitching and twitching over insignificant and inconsequential crapola like spelling, punctuation, cap use, etc.

I see these micro-managing control freaks as having no real sense of priorities, are generally anal in all things, and would even gripe if hung with a new rope.

Get over it and move on.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A pet peeve of mine are members whos every post is longer than the bible, and on top of that their writing style is not conducive to holding someone's interest. It may not matter to some of you, but I for one will usually just pass those posts over.

Be efficient and try to make a long story short.

Rant over.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hello. Grammar police checking in. I must be one of those anal Nazi grammar types. I judge you based on your coherency.

Pfft.

My pet peeve is smeone who typed up a quick baiting post on something just to grab some attention (and points), and then never returns to discuss or debate the points.

What the heck is the point?

:bnghd:

[edit for spelling LOL!]

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Rouschkateer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join