It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is my generation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've just had it. It's a simple enough question is it not? I'm frankly annoyed and pissed off. Why? Because no-one cares any more. No-one want's to take a stand. The music that is played on the radios in Scotland, play the same retarded crap over and over again.(with a few exceptions, I LOVE YOU RADIO 2) Whatever happened to everyone? Are people so wrapped up in themselves that they could not take a minute for their homeless brother? OH NO!? No, they'd rather build their IKEA furniture, and sleep in their jim jams watching the X Factor. (Music show akin to Pop Idol for those who don't know what it is) Am I the only one that feels this way? I just don't know where the hell my generation is either. Is my generation so dulled down, by #e pop music, by our dead-end jobs and reality tv shows that we can't hold a political opinion? Are we so complacent that we read little to no books? Have we just given up hope? To better ourselves? MY YOUTH!! WHERE IS YOUR ANGER??? WHERE IS YOUR HEROES? WHO GIVES A # ABOUT THE POOR, THE NEEDY AND THE KIDS?
IS OUR ONLY ROCK AND ROLL IDOL, THAT OVER-RATED CRACKHEAD PETE DOCHERTY? ( for those who don't know, he was part of a decent group called the Libertines, which he gladly stole the reputation off of) Where is my generation? Am I the only one who feels that? Out of place in their own time?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow I feel the exact same thing too here in America. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one here in my school living a life half decent. I can't wait to see what becomes of these people once they grow up. I will have a fun time laughing.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
MacDonagh, I'd swear you must have read my thoughts and posted them here for all to see, lol. I live in Canada, and I see the same stuff, too.

Because no-one cares any more. No-one want's to take a stand.

I believe that's true. However (unlike you, if I read this correctly) I believe that this has always been true. Certainly, people a century ago weren't obsessing over the latest reality show, but every generation has something equivalent.

Are we so complacent that we read little to no books?

Most people are. Most people always have been, I think. I try not to be like that; I read as much as I have time for, but I always feel like I never read enough.

Have we just given up hope? To better ourselves?

One of my personal mottos is an idea that goes something like 'any day that I didn't improve myself is a day wasted'. So I try not to waste very many days.

MY YOUTH!! WHERE IS YOUR ANGER??? WHERE IS YOUR HEROES? WHO GIVES A # ABOUT THE POOR, THE NEEDY AND THE KIDS?

I'm pretty angry about a lot of things.

Most of my heroes are dead, and have been for a very long time.
I try to help out the less fortunate when I can, but as a student myself, I don't exactly have a lot of time or money or resources to give.

Where is my generation? Am I the only one who feels that? Out of place in their own time?

Again, I agree that our generation, for the most part, is wasting its potential. But I feel this has happened throughout history, so I don't at all feel out of place in my own time. I think in virtually any culture and any locale, you would feel the same way. Whether it is pop culture TV, Roman gladiatorial fights, Mayan sacrificial ritual, war, or any of numerous other possibilities, depending on the time/place, there is something that people wasted their time obsessing over, when they could have been doing something productive, rather than wasteful/harmful.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I don't know. I just think that for some reason, we've all got a little colder.
Ya get that? That feeling of alienation?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What generation are we talking here

to my generation the tv's crap the radio's crap ...ah most of it's crap

and no one cares it crap.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
yeah..this is true.....we all just put up and shut up......passing the right to make a stand onto someone else who has 'more time' to deal with it.

sad,sad,sad.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You said it optimus

yeah..this is true.....we all just put up and shut up......passing the right to make a stand onto someone else who has 'more time' to deal with it.

And if you do try to take a stand, people attack you for being over zealous. There is not much trust in this world.

The only thing you can do is be yourself, make some great friends and try to be a good human being.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My generation is god damn 13 year old sex-ahols, who do nothing but sing the god damn "team america" song

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
they are alll playing world of warcraft

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Is my generation so dulled down, by #e pop music, by our dead-end jobs and reality tv shows that we can't hold a political opinion?

Couldn't have typed it better myself....

I'm not sure of YOUR age, but I'm 22 years old and I feel like I'm going on 60! I have been so disgusted with todays youth, I have little to no hope of them becoming independent or intellegent human beings.

I've heard people refer to my generation as the Hip-Hop generation. This frightens me most of all. I know (most of)my peers have a huge love for this genre of music. I feel that this music brainwashes caucasian suburbia youth into thinking that being white is boring.

Unfortunately the majority of our generation was raised by MTV/VH1/BET etc etc. We haven't learned to develop our own oppinions and ideas. We are truley the 'brainwashed' generation. brainwashed by TV, radio and movies.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, I know there are many who have 'escaped' with their brains fully intact. So those of you who DO see the global downward-spiral of the worlds culture, congrats on making it

Sorry for ranting, but if I see another 8 year old white kid trying to crypt-walk I'm gonna loose my cool.

:bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join