It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question .. will u have better health as a vegatarian than eating meat??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
hi with all thesse new animal diseases i was wondering if u jus cut meat out of your diet u would not be prone to get bird flu from chickens or mad cow from cows.. but would it be safe to jus live on vegatables an would u get real low protein? im no food expert.. jus want sum feed back im seriously thinking about goin vegaterian... sum facts would be nice if anyone knows info about good/bad about eating meat an jus vegtables. any help would be great thanks..

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Two things here:

1) I don't know about having better health overall, but you will have a cleaner colon.

2) If bird flu ends up being transmitted person to person and you end up dying from it, won't you regret giving up the porterhouses and the baby back ribs and the fried chicken and the poke chops for no reason?

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
2) If bird flu ends up being transmitted person to person and you end up dying from it, won't you regret giving up the porterhouses and the baby back ribs and the fried chicken and the poke chops for no reason?

I like that

but no ikillaliens, U won't be healthier. Red meat has alot of nutrients and iron among other things we need to maintain our nutrition balance (especially women). Of course it must be consumed in moderation or else can be a health risk in itself. And I do understand your concern of the diseases we face but as long as U are careful with the meat U consume U will be fine.

I believe we face a bigger concern with avian flu mutating to human-to-human transmission than in birds.

Unless you're going to eat tofu to replace red meat or still eat fish (and alot of it) then U will lose alot of good stuff the body needs to maintain a healthy balance.

Of course I am no expert but this is my understanding.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by ImJaded]

join