It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The great storm of October 1987 was the worst to affect the south east of England since 1703. After the storm had passed the landscape was changed - some 15 million trees were felled and whole forests decimated. Buildings suffered severe damage and ships were driven on to shore. 16 people died as a direct result of the storm damage.

www.metoffice.com... FOR MORE INFO

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Interesting post, Tommy...

I've seen these counterclockwise rotating storms in Eastern Canada as well, but without the high winds as they were shown in your link. Usually they squat over the Great Lakes Basin and just dump large quantities of rain on us. They also perch themselves over Labrador during the winter months, piling up the snow there every year.
I've read that if another ice age ever starts, it will be this type of system which will precipitate it.
I'll see if I can dig some info out on it.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Please can you add some of your own thoughts to this thread
Here is a link that contains the piece of text that you have quoted in your post
www.stvincent.ac.uk...

I remember this storm myself, well perhaps remembering is the wrong way of putting it as I slept through the whole thing! Did you experience the storm yourself?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
yes i remember it, I lived in a Flat in london and it started shaking i was terrified!

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yep also remember the storm, trees had fallen in to loads of houses near me,

Whats your thoughts on this storm, Do you think we may be due another one like this sometime soon?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I was on the last plane to land at Gatwick airport... I was 14 years old and on a flight, with my family, returning from Spain after 2 weeks in the Sun.

I remember the pilot saying that we may experience some turbulence and then plane being thrown around like rag doll.... Overhead lockers popping open... lights flickering... At one point the plane just seemed to go into a free fall and then suddenly stopped with a slam... very scary... I remember my mum looking out the plane window and just saying "oh my God" When i looked i could just see a mass of black clouds swirling around.

We got back safely though and in the morning we realised the true force of the storm.

top topics

join