It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"14 Characteristics of Fascism

1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism.
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights.
3. Identification of enemies/ scapegoats as a unifying cause.
4. The supremacy of the military/ avid militarism.
5. Rampant sexism.
6. A controlled mass media.
7. Obsession with national security.
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together.
9. Power of corporations protected.
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated.
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts.
12. Obsession with crime and punishment.
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption.
14. Fraudulent elections.

"A study funded by the US government has concluded that conservatism can be explained psychologically as a set of neuroses rooted in "fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity". - Guardian (08/13/03)

Cabal - 1. A conspiratorial group of plotters or intriguers. 2. A secret scheme or plot.

Conspiracy - 1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act. 2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

Cover-up - 1. An effort or strategy of concealment, especially a planned effort to prevent something potentially scandalous from becoming public."

I just could not resist this little list, I know people have refered to the Bush regime as fascist but this proves it. It looks almost completely congruent.

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 15-11-2005 by polanksi]

[edit on 15-11-2005 by polanksi]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If you ask me, we are simulating almost exactly (at least in terms of political tactics) early Nazi Germany, of the early 1930s, around the time of the Reichstag Fire or maybe a little afterwards or so.

The Nazis burned down their Parliament building and blamed Communists. Then they began wars to "protect the homeland," etc., etc., while extremist right-wingers became more popular in their government, others were made into enemies via media control, and the people were slowly molded into readily accepting the evil their government would cause.

And now the same thing is happening, but no one thinks anything as horrific as Nazism could ever, possibly occur again. That, and all the right-wingers of course think their party is God, but of course that's the objective.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Amen. Do you ever feel like the guy on the cell phone commercial, running around saying "Do you hear me now?" How many coincidences do you need before believing the "official story" goes beyond ridiculous? I think the sheer scale of the deceit perpetrated by our government is too overwhelming for much of the population to fathom. No one wants to believe it. If you look back at history it's easy to see that much the same scenario has been carried out many times. People are beginning to wake up though. I just hope that its not too late and that we have the courage to do what needs to be done.

join