It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 11 Jordanian Officials Resign, Country Crafts Anti-Terror Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Eleven top Jordanian security officials resigned today, following the 11/9 Amman hotel bombings. The country is also drafting its first anti-terror legislation, including strict restrictions on foreign immigration. The moves are meant to prevent further terror attacks in Jordan.

ABC News
AMMAN, Jordan Nov 15, 2005 — Eleven top Jordanian officials, including the kingdom's national security adviser, resigned Tuesday in the wake of last week's triple hotel bombings, state-run TV announced. Also, a fourth American died from wounds suffered in the attacks, a U.S. Embassy official said.

Jordan also introduced strict security measures aimed at foreigners and said it was drafting the country's first anti-terror specific legislation to prevent more such attacks.

King Abdullah II appointed Marouf al-Bakhit, Amman's ambassador to Israel, to replace outgoing security chief Saad Kheir, a former head of Jordan's intelligence department.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It looks like Jordan is taking this very seriously. The King's head can't roll, so I guess these lower level ministers are taking the hit. I believe the terrorists made a serious mistake going after Jordan, it could be a major turning point in Arab opinion and the Jordanians have many resources that are going to bear down on them now.

Related ATSNN Links:
Three Hotels Bombed in Amman, Jordan
Failed Suicide Bomber Confesses on Live Jordananian TV

[edit on 11/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just a thought but perhaps they are not actually taking hits, they are resigning because they support terrorists and do not like the new measures.

It really makes no difference; the nice part of this is the King supports these measures and is showing he will do whatever is needed.

You also have to love the support we have seen from Jordanians themselves calling for an end to terrorists.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is it not strange that after 9/11, not a single US government official resigned or was fired?

Anyhow, I am wondering if their resignations have anything remotely connected to this?
Jordanian soldiers seduced by Al-Qaeda ‘aided’ suicide attacks

seekerof

[edit on 15-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Is it not strange that after 9/11, not a single US government official resigned or was fired?

I never did buy the theory the towers were blown up by US officials so why should they resign when they had nothing to do with it?

Anyhow, I am wondering if their resignations have anything remotely connected to this?
Jordanian soldiers seduced by Al-Qaeda ‘aided’ suicide attacks

I would say yes there certainly is the possiblity for that.

[edit on 11/15/2005 by shots]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Gee, no one saw that one coming!
How sad and pathetic. Hurry, let's stick some women out there with a bomb on her body. If anyone looks at the blast scene, that was no suicide bombing. The blast came from planted bombs in the ceilings.

I wonder if they received a wedding invitation? What a rude guest.

cjf

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword
How sad and pathetic. Hurry, let's stick some women out there with a bomb on her body. If anyone looks at the blast scene, that was no suicide bombing. The blast came from planted bombs in the ceilings.

I wonder if they received a wedding invitation? What a rude guest.

Hmm.

To ‘know’ more and more about less and less…what a wonderful world…perhaps one of the many indications surrounding the failing of cognitive ‘geo-political’ thought; no need to understand the whole where inferences may rule freely. No need to understand the tree when you hold the probable seed, right?

Perhaps the resignations are ahead of an intelligence coup or possibly a sloughing of the old; realistically a foot has been placed and ‘powers’ are aligning to their source and allegiances. Imo according to source, persons are taking personal inventory and moving accordingly on each and every side.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ok, i only know 4 jordanians personally... and they all love the king, and hate terrorism... and always have...

The story they give, is that their country has always been against terrorism... and that they have always been vigilante against it. They have already suffered from the wahhabbi sects violence. They are universally the mildest and nicest islamic country that I am familiar with...
in fact, it can hardly be fair to call it an islamic country... it is largely free religion choice, and they have a huge number of christians... even coptic sect...

If one were to look at an ideal example of a kingdom... it would be Jordon...
the king is truly loved by his peoples, and seems to rule with grace and humility.

I find it just as hard to beleive that there would be AQ within the security ranks, as it would be to have AQ within the american ranks (which did happen)

I hope that these new laws are not going to hurt the freedoms that they have slowly gained thru the years...
but vigilance has its price.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
According to CNN, they were fired:

Eleven officials in Jordan's royal court were fired Tuesday by King Abdullah II, Deputy Prime Minister Marwan Muasher said.

Among them was the country's national security adviser, Muasher said.

The reshuffling came less than a week after suicide bombings at three Amman hotels killed 60 people, including three bombers.

Story: www.cnn.com...

First off, everyone needs to stop assuming that because someone is of middle-eastern decent that they are a terrorist. Most, if not all Jordanians, are against terrorism. Additionally, the al-qaeda, like the anthrax scare, is not as big as everyone is making it out to be (but the al-qaeda likes the fact that most of the rest of the world thinks of them that way). The al-qaeda is not a country, the al-qaeda is not an army, the al-qaeda is nothing more than a bunch of radical extremists. And before anyone says only Muslims are radical extremists, I'd like to point out that every faith as radical extremists. Might I remind everyone of the Crusades? Do I actually need to mention the name Pat Robertson?

Secondly, and I have said it SINCE 9/11, why didn't heads roll in the United States when we were attacked? Did anyone get fired? No. Did anyone get reprimanded? No. Did anyone resign? No. No one even got a slap on the wrist! I'm suprised Bush didn't get up and say "You're doing a wonderful job, Georgie" while New York was burning behind him.

I commend the actions taken by the Jordanian government, whether they were fired or they resigned. If they were fired, then props to the King. If they resigned, then it's nice to see that officials in Jordan can accept the reponsibility, or lack there of, for not seeing something like this coming and stepping down from their posts.

I'd also like to see the same actions taken here in light of 9/11, but that will never happen. Nah. We'll just spend more money fighting a war much like the war on drugs...a war that will never end.

Vigilence has it's price, yes, but at what cost?

Like Ben Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
You also have to love the support we have seen from Jordanians themselves calling for an end to terrorists.

You say this like other arab countries wouldn't ? :shk:
Just the feeling I got from that statement. All good arabs do not condone terrorism in any way, shape or form.
Or did you mean this to imply that because no muslim arab has stood up and told these terrorists what they are doing is wrong it means they don't have a problem with it ? ... If so that will never happen, I assure U.

In saying that, should ANY arab country face what Jordan did they would do as Jordan has and condemn it.

Originally posted by elderban
According to CNN, they were fired:

Eleven officials in Jordan's royal court were fired Tuesday by King Abdullah II, Deputy Prime Minister Marwan Muasher said.

Among them was the country's national security adviser, Muasher said.

The reshuffling came less than a week after suicide bombings at three Amman hotels killed 60 people, including three bombers.

Story: www.cnn.com...

First off, everyone needs to stop assuming that because someone is of middle-eastern decent that they are a terrorist. Most, if not all Jordanians, are against terrorism.
I'd like to add arabs in general, those who aren't terrorists of course

I commend the actions taken by the Jordanian government, whether they were fired or they resigned. If they were fired, then props to the King. If they resigned, then it's nice to see that officials in Jordan can accept the reponsibility, or lack there of, for not seeing something like this coming and stepping down from their posts.

I'd also like to see the same actions taken here in light of 9/11, but that will never happen. Nah. We'll just spend more money fighting a war much like the war on drugs...a war that will never end.

Vigilence has it's price, yes, but at what cost?

Like Ben Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Very well put

[edit on 15-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm sure someone has already noticed this, but 11/9, 9/11? I didn't really have anything to add to the topic other than that. I find it interesting that numbers are used in such a way - you'd think they'd be choosing random dates.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword
If anyone looks at the blast scene, that was no suicide bombing. The blast came from planted bombs in the ceilings.

Among all the print I read immediately after the bombs went off, I do remember reading that there was at least one bomb that was planted in the ceiling. That gives more weight to a collaboration with Jordanian troops, as has been suggested. I'll try to dig out the piece that I read it in, but not tonight.

How sad and pathetic. Hurry, let's stick some women out there with a bomb on her body.

Not sure what you're getting at here...?

new topics

top topics

join