It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issues w/chat - help pls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hello

when i attempt to join the chat , an odd thing occurs and i would like if anyone wouldnt mind assisting me in fixing this problem

ok; i load the chat client and it loads everything

But the bar that says "Connecting to Chat" never loads
Everything else loads just fine; but at the very last part it stops cold

I cannot "Log In" because when i type name/password and click "Log In" nothing happens

If i am not describing my problem clearly enough i will reiterate it in extreme detail,but hopefully ive described my issue aduquately

If anyone could help me figure out how to get into chat; i would be very grateful

Thanks everyone

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Update your Macromedia Flash program. This should fix it.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I never get past the connecting to server when I'm behind a firewall. It's at least a possibility if upgrading flash doesn' work. BTW in order to upgrade flash, try going to : www.macromedia.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
thanks for help

i have updated my flash program and it still doesnt work

I am behind a firewall , but i am 99% uneducated on how to go about modifying it to allow me to connect to the chat server

Before i reinstalled windows few weeks ago; I was able to use the chat program with no problems

I however got a virus and reinstalled windows; and now my settings are all back to default i suppose

its a lynksis *spelling* wireless - G broadband router

is there a setting somewhere i can alter that will downgrade the security lvl so that i may be able to once agian enjoy the ats chat room?

sorry to waste yall's time with this as im quite the ignorant one when it comes to operating a firewall

sorry bout that
but thanks for help
i appreciate it very much

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Check to make sure cookies are enabled.

What browser are you using? Are you using the windows default firewall, or a personal one?

[edit on 2005-11-15 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I still can't get into chat from BTS. The chat window pops up, and it starts to load, and then I get a message saying "Error to load client configuration file." I can get in just fine from the ATS side, but not from BTS.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I always get "Error to load client configuration file" and have updated flash

wait, there we go, it worked from ATS

now who's in chat ?

[edit on 16-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I still can't get into chat from BTS. The chat window pops up, and it starts to load, and then I get a message saying "Error to load client configuration file." I can get in just fine from the ATS side, but not from BTS.

BTS chat doesnt work, its not there anymore..to much debauchery

new topics

top topics

join