It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone calls from the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't know if this is related to time traval or not so i posted it in here coz i can't igure out what its realted to.......any way....
On the 12th of dec last year (12/12/2002) at 11:59pm my brother had a missed call on his mobile(cell) phone, the date was right i.e. 12/12 but the year was 2049. I know that the networks timestamp the phone and this could be taken as a glich in the system yet it's happened a couple of times. naturally fo the first one he was in bed but the second one he was at work, in april, and the phone rang once and as he went to answer it hung up, he checked the number and it was a no number(silent) but the date was 2053. This seems to be morer than a glich in the networks, if anyone knows anything about it or has had a similar experience i would be very interested in hearing about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If not a glitch then maybe some kind of hacker.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
All I can say is that modern science aint exactly a science...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
That sum wierd # man. But surely if someone was trying to contact your brother from the future they wouldn't just hang up when he answered...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
intresting, anyone remeber on a simalar theme I think it was an Arthur C Clarke world of strange powers programme about an old BBC computer receiving messages apparently from the future? pre-internet not connected to a network?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i think i remember that programme or something similiar. and they asked it the answer to this impossible maths question and it didnt know or something and they said that it probably would if it was legit

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Perhaps the caller ID was John Titor???

(oh, some here will get it....
)

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
LOL to gazrok good old john titor. i wonder if he will ever come back... lol so many threads about him

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A cell phone works by radio frequency and no one really knows the limits of rf propagation or if it transcends space/time. Thats the danger/benefit of using it for communication. If someone in the future dailed his number and the same provider still existed, the switch could have been enabled through time. We have no idea if this is possible, conversely, we have no idea if it isn't.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Perhaps the caller ID was John Titor???

(oh, some here will get it....
)

Ya, letting us know he got back alright... although that is another 20 years ahead of him.
I am leaning towards glitch here.
I am certain that caller id is not capable of logging the year a call comes from other than present or past.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Very interesting. I have no idea what it may have been. But i am leaning towards some kind of hacker.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
According to Kip Thorne in his book "Black Holes & Time Warps" it is theoretically possible to send messages faster than light which would mean you would receive them before they were sent! :l

An interesting aspect of Einsteins theory of relativity, Kip suggests a rather startling conclusion which can be inferred from this. If you could build a stick, from the moon to earth (its a thought experiment) and tap morse code, the end of the stick on earth would actually tap up and down before the end on the moon began moving, because the signals would be transmitted almost simultaneously, eg. faster than light.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm guessing that each phone has it's own clock and when ever you access the system the system updates the time on the phone. It is logical that the cell system itself is the time reference.

A simple way to answer this question is to ask anyone out here what happens when you receive long distance calls on your cell from annother time zone? What time is displayed in your call log, is it local time or the time zone effective of the caller? I'm guessing again but the time is likely your local time. Although it is also likely that the callers time, their local time enters the system too.

The other problem here is that we are expecting that the future uses technology that we use, not that they do not have the ability to, but why?

This is one reason why I find SETTI in many ways to be a stupid idea.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Can your brother get an answering machine hooked up some how?

If it was from the future they sure are presistent in their calls.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
well alot of those thories are good.....but the phone system is different here in aus.....all calls are timestamped by the network not the phone.
About an answering machine it wouldn't do any good as they never rang more than once in all cases......it is a very strange thing indeed

new topics

top topics

join