It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier 2025

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I saw a show on the Discovery Channel about the new camouflage called Soldier 025. It works by using sensors in the sit to detect surroundings and change the look of the uniform as needed. Does anyone know if we are still going to use this? If we did, do you think it would be worth it, or even work?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's quite possible with the new organic LCD displays. Simply wear one with the aforementioned sensors. I know of a plastic which refracts light around it. Wrap it around something and you get a "ghost" image of whatever you're trying to hide. I don't know how it functions with regard to complex physical shapes such as a human body.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There have been articles in magazines about this soldier. Check out popular science and popular mechanics.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't see the need for it...
Our infantry (US I'm assuming) is quit capable of defeatng anyone...
Besides that, whenever a large amunt of enemy soldiers mass together, a couple of B-2's fy by, drop three or four daisy cutters, no more fighting.
Besides, if it goes down in 2006, there won't be a soldier of 2025...
= Tass

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think that it is not a thing of the near future. Right now we don't need it. Our computer generated camoflauge is good enough for now. With our air supiriority, our troops already have a huge tactical advantage. What we really need is more advanced electronics that can jam up infared and stuff like that. But for now, Ill say that the "invisible soldiers" should keep on being researched until the right time comes. And I hope that time will not be for a long, long while.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
America's technology needs to be so far ahead of everyone else's that a situation in like Iraq would never happen again.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
I don't see the need for it...
Our infantry (US I'm assuming) is quit capable of defeatng anyone...
Besides that, whenever a large amunt of enemy soldiers mass together, a couple of B-2's fy by, drop three or four daisy cutters, no more fighting.
Besides, if it goes down in 2006, there won't be a soldier of 2025...
= Tass

To stay capable of defeating anyone, you need to keep advancing. The enemy of tomorrow will be more sophisticated, so we will need more sophistication to fight them.

What do you think is going to go down in 2006?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I remember I saw this thing on Yahoo! that had a new technology which made soldiers invinsible to the naked eye. Because it was a suit that snapped a constant image of what is behind the soldier, and would display it at high resolution onto the front of the suit, and the front would show the front on the back, and so forth and so forth. I know I didn't really describe it that well tho, but maybe some of you have seen it as well?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Our computer generated camoflauge is good enough for now.

Sorry I must have missed the info on this, What is computer generated camo????

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Basically computer generated camo is a different pattern of camo. It is closer to the actual scenery. It is generated by computers, instead of the more fake looking stuff. More or less it is a better camo print.

It has been around for a while....after Gulf War 1

Also, another type of reall good camo was tiger stripe. It was used By the Germans, and also by Spec ops in Vietnam. It is a good design, but it lacked endurance, it would fade over time.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The soldier of present and near future will be fighting in enviroments where concealment will be key. Many strategists believe that urban and guerilla warfare will be the wars of the future, one can already see that in Iraq right now. A form of concealment that allows for using less soldiers to meet objectives at a lower risk to human has and will always be needed.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
hahahahahahahaha Tassadar don't over-estimate your army.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am all for anything that will keep our men safer, however I really wish they put more effort into finding a way to make peace than finding better ways to fight wars.

top topics

join