It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Deal with Telemarketers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I had a friend who used to make some of the most outlandish prank calls you could imagine. In this case, the comedian Tom Mabe, whoever he is, turns a telemarketer's call into a prank call to beat the band. I'm a little skeptical because this seems a bit contrived, but it's worth the listen.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That is funny. I bet that telemarketer is thinking twice about his next call now. It serves them right for calling and annoying people though.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Click.......

My standard response.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hello?

Uhmm ... I'm rather busy at the moment, but if you give me your name and number I'll call you right back.

Click

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have callerID and can see that it's a "newspaper, ad company, etc." simply answer the phone using the following,

"Hello, suicide hotline ..."

Click

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 11/17/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
omg!!!! thts so terrible! the telemarketer didnt really care tht the guy was gonna kill himself! all he cared about was his job!! THTS SICK AND WRONG!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
so much for a promising *cough* career in telemarketing!
what're the chances, honestly tho? mabe had an entire lineup ready for the 'oh so numerous' calls generated by *cough again* a cemetary company? does seem a bit contrived like grady mentioned...

~am

EDIT:
btw katie, if the caller honestly believed the situation was REAL, then offering to send out forms or information may have been an attempt to get mabe's address and send someone over... i couldn't fathom (provided the telemarketer actually thought the call was real) that he was trying to finalize a sale, but hoping to keep mabe on the phone and pinpoint his location...

[edit on 24-11-2005 by amithyzt]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
hm....i c ur point but by the sound of his voice i didn't think that...well ......idk! i'm confused

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
LOL, I love this kinda stuff!

MY wife and I had a script by the phone, years ago.
We always tried to sell Light bulbs, to whatever telemarketer
was lucky enough to get our number.

Now, we just ID the number, and don't answer unless we recognize it.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
lol thts a good idea to keep a script next to the phone!! HEHE lol nice one!

top topics

join